Photo of Riverside Brewery & Restaurant in West Bend, WI, US
Photo of Riverside Brewery & Restaurant in West Bend, WI, US
Photo of Riverside Brewery & Restaurant in West Bend, WI, US

Riverside Brewery & Restaurant

American Restaurant

fish fry • ribs • potato pancakes • prime rib

Riverside Brewery & Restaurant has 20 Tips

I have been to riverside probably a dozen or so times. My wife and i chose to have our rehersal dinner there years back. The food is always good and it's a great atmosphere. I have to make a recommendation if you are going to the restaurant with young children do yourself a favor and ask for Cathy. Hands down the best service we could have ever asked for. She is truly wonderful with children and it brightened the entire meal. Highly recommended!!
    Very good food and service. The tequila shrimp on a skewer is excellent. I HAVE BEEN THERE MANY TIMES AND HAVE THE SAME QUALITY EVERY TIME
    This was our first visit . Had to wait for about 10 minutes for a table but was very comfy at the bar enjoying a drink while we waited . Nice atmosphere . Clean . The fish fry and really good and nice size fish servings !
    This is a great place and the owners are amazing people. The menu is large so there are a ton of choices for everyone. The ribs are delicious and the fish fry is one of the best in town. In my opinion and the word around town is that the beer falls short. I have had one or two decent beers here but I feel that they play it safe and have never had an exceptional beer. We use to go there weekly but it has now become monthly I am sad to say. They got a new brewmaster about a year ago which was exciting but still no "awesome" liquid from this place. They food and service however are always great and I hope to see the beer become the same. Maybe talk to and listen to some of the local beer snobs to see what they are looking for?
    We stopped in for a few cocktails and an appetizer. Chicken nachos were good and drinks were strong. Friendly bartender.
    Smaller brewery with resteraunt. Beer and food were very good. A little something for different tastes both beer and food.
    We stopped in for appetizers and drinks. Our service was friendly, food was good. We will return next time in town for dinner.
    My first time here and I will definitely be back again. Full, diverse menu, reasonable prices. Seating area around the bar, and back of the bar, or downstairs. Parking on the street, or in the lot across the street. This is also a brewery, where they make their own beer. Great atmosphere, great service.
    Visited with a fairly large group and was pleasantly surprised. Food was awesome and service very good. And did I mention that they make their own beer? What more can you ask for?
    The inside decor isn't a lot better than the outside, but the food was good, up to date and there was a large variety of choices. I had a Cuban Panini and my friend had fried chicken, both were really good. They also had a nice selection of beers and a knowledgeable wait person.
    My wife and I have been here several times with never a bad experience. We brought her mother with us when she moved to Hartford Wisconsin to live with us from California. While she is 93 and uses a walker, she very much still has all her faculties! We (well, mostly me) always enjoy trying something new from the menu. One thing we ALWAYS order however is the cheese curds! In Wisconsin it seems like every establishment serves cheese curds and they all have a fish fry! Riverside Brewery has cheese curds you want to come back for night after night. I don't do that because I don't want to weigh 500 pounds! But they are so good! We have never been to Riverside Brewery and had poor service. It is always exceptional. The food is prepared just right and proportions are not skimpy! The steak is succulent, the sides complement the steak or whatever protein you choose. You may ask, "What about the beer? You are at a Brewery, right?" Sadly, none of us drink so that aspect of the establishment will have to come from another source. For various reasons we all have medical restrictions which prevent us from partaking of that aspect of their menu. You'll just have to trust us that Riverside Brewery and Restaurant is a wonderful place to eat and enjoy the ambiance of a terrific part of West Bend.
    Been here about a dozen times. The homemade beer, fish fry, burgers & sandwiches are all awesome. Have not had a bad meal yet. Add to that friendly yet professional staff and you'll be a happy camper.
    We had never been here before and went in for lunch. One member had the ribs which I tried and they were great. The sandwiches we had were also enjoyed. The hit of the day was the ice cream sundae. Priced at $2.99 was a deal.
    Stopped here on the advice of a friend. didn't look like much from the outside, but so glad we checked it out. the building and inside are beautiful, right on the river. Food was amazing and the service was the best I've had in a long time.Anyone looking for gluten-free options are treated with more than two pages of menu items.
    Visiting the area and had dinner with friends on a Saturday night. Restaurant is nicely decorated with a brewery on site. We had reservations for a party of ten, got there a little earlier expecting to wait at the bar for awhile to get our table but they were ready and waiting for us. Started with some of their brew, which they let us taste before deciding. My wife liked the Dizzy Blonde Weiss and I had the Honey Ale, both were very good. I had their Saturday nigh sampler special, Prime Rib, Ribs (Maple-Bourbon sauce), and Shrimp. Everything that I had was excellent, my only regret is I didn't have room for dessert. On top of all that, our waitress was fantastic. Got all the orders right, knew the menu and the beers, and even took a group picture for us. I will definitely eat here again.
    Went here with my mother, we don't drink beer, so I have no advice on the microbrew aspect of the restaurant. Server was friendly, she did sort of loose us for awhile. She asked us what we would like to drink, dropped it off, saw us looking at menus still, and quickly walked away (we wanted to order an appetizer while we decided on the main meal) Took a while to come back. The place was not busy. All and all she was good, not great. My mom had ribs, I had the prime rib. Both were good, but not exceptional. We had soup and garlic mashed potatoes, both items were not bad, but for the restaurant prices I would expect a little better. My husband and I are at a point in our lives where we are spending about $30.00 to 40.00 (without tip, or drinks) a meal and we go out monthly. This was more of a $40.00 to $55.00 meal (without tip or drinks). Add a couple drinks, taxes, tip and the price could have been well over $70 to $80. I personally felt the prices were a little high, but a good solid place to go, if you have that kind of money to spend. 5 years ago when we still had kids at home and spending that kind of money on dinner was a once a year luxury, this would have been a disappointment to us. My assessment is: The food is good, the prices are such that your likely to find a more mature crowd, the restaurant is a good choice for those who have the finances to justify it. Not a great choice for the once a year night out, for those with more limited financial resources. Personally I will most likely spend a little more money somewhere else for a more impressive meal. I would not rule this place out if family or friends what to eat here. I likes it, not enough to need to go back.
    My husband and I had dinner here. The food was amazing and our beer was so good. Definitely check this place out.
    We went as a family. The food is always good. Sometimes it may be crowded, but mostly not. I would recommend this place.
    Stopped twice in January, both times, had great meals with excellent and friendy service, will not hesitate going back again, well worth the 20+ minute drive.
    Whether a steak, a burger, or a fish fry paired with one of their microbrews you will not be disappointed. Brunch on Sunday. Friendly staff in a comfortable atmosphete. Our go to place.

Similar places people viewed in West Bend