Scoop Deville

American Restaurant

ice cream • sundae • hot dog • banana split

Scoop Deville has 20 Tips

Down to earth place, brings you back to the good old days. Great service awesome people and ice cream couldn't be happier with anything you get. You won't be dissapointed
    Old fashion ice cream shop. Many flavores of home made ice cream and they best homemade hot fudge you will ever have.
    Excellent local ice cream shoppe... a great place to meet up, have some delicious treats, and hang out. Open in the evenings but is especially fabulous on a hot Wisconsin afternoon! Good service, easy parking in lot behind the building.
    Went with the grandkids for a treat. Its an old fashioned 50's ice cream shop. A lot of variety of ice cream with candy.
    Ice cream made on site and a décor right out of a Happy Days episode will entertain and delight all of your senses. This is a must-stop when visiting downtown Hartford. You won't be disappointed. Take some of the fresh-roasted nuts home with you to extend the delightful experience.
    I had never been to Scoop de Ville before and wish I would've gone a long time ago! Very good ice cream. The people that work there are very friendly and nice.
    This masterfully restored, 1950s ice cream parlor also happens to make their own ice cream on premise. It was quaint and towny, with personal five star service. I would recommend swinging by to anyone in the area.
    Old fashioned ice cream shoppe with soda jerks, a juke box, and "vintage" candy. Remember Bonomo Taffy from the movies back in the 60's? They've got it! Peach Ice cream-delicious!
    This is my daughter's favorite place to go. I've been taking her here since she 5 year's old and she's now 15. She never turns down a chance to get her favorite ice-cream cone!
    What a cool experience! The smell of homemade waffle cones as you walk thru the door is so delicious :) Good tasting homemade ice cream. Old time fountain set up, malts, shakes, sundaes, etc. This is a must stop!!!! The counter is so neat to grab a seat and enjoy a shake or malt. Food was yummy. Staff was super friendly and engaging with customers! First time stopping and will definitely come back!
    We enjoyed a nice dish of homemade ice cream in an old time atmosphere. There were many pictures of the town on the walls that gave a nice history of Hartford.
    This is the epitome of your childhood ice cream parlor. It has the checker board store floor, stainless bar stools, and glass cabinets full of childhood candies (for sale). And best of all, tour favorite ice cream flavors and flavors you have never heard of before!
    Great little shop in Hartford! Actually, little isn't the right word. This place is huge! We had a large group of 12+ persons with small children included and we easily fit our entire group at a few tables pushed together. Lots of seating in the back! Super cute and fun little soda shop atmosphere! Very tastefully and authentically decorated. And the atmosphere is just the beginning! The ice cream is GREAT!!! Reasonably priced too! Definitely a very family-friendly and fun place to make your way to in Hartford!
    Awesome everything, old school soda fountain and ice cream drinks, retro candy, been in there a lot since moving nearby and every single time customer service has been friendly and welcoming. If you like ice cream ad smiling you've gotta stop in!
    What a great little busy place… Decided to stop here after I took DD and two of her friends skiing at Little Switzerland... while we were there DD decided to look up an ice cream place and this is what popped up so we headed on over to Hartford. Walking in and stepping back in time. It must've been a day for ice cream because this place was quite busy, but the line moved along.. taking care of each and everyone order with care and lots of smiles. Many old photos hang on the walls in this building which is always fun to look at. Asked a gentleman that worked there about the photos and what year they were taken in.. he gave me a little bit a rundown about SD... even an old photo of the previous owners were hung. Fun flavors of ice cream's, along with many types of old time candies that I enjoyed as a child... more memories flooded my mind 😋 Between the four of us we had 11 scoops of ice cream... flavors were from maple bacon, cookies and cream, salted caramel... and a few others that I can't remember… And some of the kids left feeling a little overwhelmed with all the scoops in their bellies !!! You could have your ice cream in different types of cones, edible dishes or in a glass dish... also lots and lots of toppings to choose from if you think you really needed them. Their menu also consist of making things such as Sundays, malts, banana splits and many other items. Bakery items are also available along with other refrigerated or freezer products. Definitely would stop here again ... if and when we get over to this area next.
    All right, I have to tell you first that they make awesome ice cream, many flavors - some you have heard of, some new. And the most exciting thing for my family...they have the creamiest and best flavor of them all: Maple Bacon Ice Cream! I know. It sounds weird, but my daughter tried it and that flavor is one we buy pints, quarts, and even half gallons of. I'm sure you'll find your own favorite. Anyway, they also have sandwiches, snacks, candies from years gone by - kind of a an old-timey drugstore counter experience. Old pictures, decor, and they even dress the part. You really should stop and and try a waffle cone of your favorite flavor.
    This is by far the best ice cream place in Hartford. They make their own ice cream. The waffle cones are amazing. Everything is fresh and the staff is friendly. Great flavors.
    Great ice cream in a delightful atmosphere!! Owners are very friendly and do a lot for the community. I strongly recommend this business.
    I was in Hartford with my husband as he had a business meeting. I was looking for a place I could wait for him in comfort that had tea and a snack. When I entered into was greeted with a smile. I found a table and then asked if they had tea or coffee. They had Earl Gray, delicious. While looking for something to go with it while I waited I discovered several items that would go well with tea (cinnamon rolls, turnovers, pecan rolls and lots of chocolate). I choose the cinnamon twist. They warmed it up for me. Great welcoming service, delicious food and a extremely comfortable place to wait.
    If you want good home made ice cream this is the place. It's a 50's type diner with ice cream, retro candy and homemade baked goods. It even has a jukebox that plays 50's music. My whole family Loves going there.

Similar places people viewed in Hartford

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods