Upload Business Photo

Red Apple

American Restaurant

pancakes • soup • omelet • the wait staff

625 W Sumner St
Hartford, WI 53027, US

Red Apple has 20 Tips

Good breakfast, finally found someplace that knows how to make good american fried potatoes. Clean friendly staff. Will be back.
    Really nice little cafe. My wife and I stopped in for a sandwich at lunchtime. I had a really nice sandwich and low and behold it came with cream of broccoli soup and cottage cheese! Very good inexpensive experience to fill my belly.
    Our meal came with soup. Beef pasta. Neither one of us had Beef in our soups. We were disappointed that they didn't give us a senior discount . A lot of restaurants do because they cater to Seniors. The meal itself was ok.
    This is a after church on Sunday kind of place. It has a homey feel. Great food. The prices are very reasonable. Family owned and the people there are real. Always have been pleased never dissapointed.
    Have eaten here several times for breakfast and lunch. Cute little place, friendly staff, and wonderful owners! Almost every time we have been there one of the owners walks around the restaurant, greets people, and makes sure everything was good. Large menu, breakfast all day, really good soup!
    Cute little mom and pop cafe that seems popular with the locals. They were busy on a Saturday morning, but the staff was very efficient and our coffee cups were always refilled. The food was good as was the service. We'll be back.
    Large breakfast menu. Denver omlette was large and good as were the biscuits and gravy. Very attentive servers, and food was served quickly and hot. Good food and reasonably-priced menu. Will definitely return as I am in the area often.
    We've been to Red Apple Cafe for breakfast several times. We keep going back because the food is very good, the portions are generous, and every time the food and service are consistent.
    Good food, nice portion s fair price, menu has large variety of platters to chose from. So far good service from wait staff. We will return again.
    My husband and I have been here twice for breakfast and both times, it did not disappoint. The spinach and feta cheese omelet is excellent. The service is friendly as well. Be warned, however - portions are very large. I was even given two pancakes and hashbrowns as side items.
    Had breakfast here for the first time yesterday. It was well prepared and plenty of it. My wife and I each had the 2 egg breakfast. It included hash browns or American fries, your choice of meat, and a choice of toast. Staff was friendly and the price was right. Large portions./ We will be back.
    Good food in a cozy atmosphere. Breakfasts are wonderful and served hot and quickly! The wait staff is polite and courteous.
    I eat breakfast there almost every day now that I am retired and my wife goes with me on her days off. We both like the food and I like the fact that I can order a half size skillet and that fills me up. Instead of toast you can have pancakes which are great. Good staff are they are fast.
    The owner called back later in the afternoon to apologize and explained the error. He offered to provide us lunch the next day and gave us coupons for an additional lunch. This was very generous and lunch today was much better! We will go back
    I had previously had a good experience at Red Apple and convinced a number of co-workers to get take out from there for lunch. When the food was unwrapped it was discovered one lunch was missing. We made due by splitting portions. Then when eating, the pancakes and mashed potatoes had an extremely sour taste. We call the restaurant to let them know about the taste (it was 4 separate lunches that were bad) and after checking with the manager we were informed we could come get our money back. And then hung up on. Extremely suprised there was no appology, no offer to send us some coupons, no resolution except to leave the office and drive back over there to get a refund. Hartford is an extremely small town with limited lunch options and we were all excited to have a new place. However after this experience, we will not be back.
    I love the farm to table mentality. This restaurant goes the extra mile to prepare your meal as if you made it at home.
    Great addition to Hartford. Good food, good prices. I think it is cheaper to go to red apple then McDonald's and tastes 100x better. Soup, burger with lettuce and tomato and fries for $6.00. The pancakes are also delicious. Not sure what they put in them but they are the best pancakes I've ever had.
    Surprised at size of dining room, lot in front was full; there is parking on the side street plus behind the bldg. Appreciated carafe of water, over 55 menu, and excellent service. Enjoyed chicken stir fry, salad w/dressing on the side-didn't ask, was served that way 😄, hub had spaghetti, gave it an O.K. Great value.
    Family friendly. Good food. Good size servings. Will definitely go back. Had skillet breakfast and 3 other breakfast plates and we where very full, even couldn't finish! food was great. Our waitress was very attentive, and the prices were excellent, just what Hartford needed. And it's right on HY 60. So convenient for travelers.
    My wife and I had breakfast this morning. She had French Toast with bacon and eggs, and I had the Combo Bisquit and Gravy, which includes bacon, sausage links, and eggs. It was prepared excellently and arrived in quick time. The decor of the restaurant is very nice and parking was ample.

Similar places people viewed in Hartford

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods