Photo of Beecher's Handmade Cheese in Seattle, WA, US

Beecher's Handmade Cheese34.5
cheese curds • sandwich • macaroni • penne

Beecher's Handmade Cheese has 23 Tips

food
    cheeseee
    Need to try this place!
    We stopped by this flagship store expecting to get some of their famous crab mac and cheese only to be told that they don't make it anymore. We tried the grilled crab and cheese sandwich, yuck, way too much horseradish and $13 for it was extremely over priced.
    Fun to see them making the cheese and fun to eat it! They have several items to order off the menu. We ordered a few items to share so we could taste them all. I think the mac and cheese was our favorite but all were yummy! There is usually a line but it goes quick so go for it!
    We stopped during a visit to Pike's Market. It was hot and creamy. We sat on the stools and watched the cheese being made. Fun and delicious!
    I was so looking forward to my visit here as i love mac and cheese and the reviews are great but i have to say i was a little disappointed. Whilst the mac and cheese was okay i found it abit too sloppy as there was far too much sauce for me to really enjoy it. In addition i ordered a bread twist thing which was dry and not great tasting. Overall i wouldn't come back here!
    Don't eat lunch; just eat your way through the Market and THIS has to be your FIRST stop! You don't want to be full when you go into Beecher's! Get the Marachi Mac n Cheese. My hubby also has to have the Cheese Curds for snacking all day!
    Stopped by Beechers during a trip to Pike Place and I am glad I did. I got a small Beechers original Mac and Cheese and it was delicious. The cheddar is of the white variety and has some spices that give it a little kick. Really good and the folks are super friendly. In the shop you can watch the cheese being made from the street.
    I ordered a Worlds Best Mac n Cheese and a grilled cheese with tomatoes and basil. The cheese is sooooo good! Especially the cheese they use for the Mac n cheese. You HAVE TO try this place.
    Beechers is apparently renown for its cheesy delights! I happened in while shopping in the Pike Place market. It is very, very busy, but worth the wait in line. While you enjoy lunch you can observe the cheese making process. People were buying containers of curds as fast as they were produced. The Mac and cheese was memorable! Definitely will return!
    There are sometimes lines to get delicious hot Mac and Cheese and sandwiches. The cheese is delicious. I like the herb cheese curds with fresh tomatoes or on crackers.
    We were taste testing the pike marketplace and had to stop here. Got a quick mac&cheese and some cheese curds. Very delicious treats!
    Dont let the line discourage you. Yes it is long. Yes it is worth it. Get the mac and cheese. Yes the other stuff looks and sounds amazing, but if you are only going to get one thing - get the mac and cheese. It is so da*n good. I am pretty sure there is crack in there.
    Got the "mariachi" or spicy mac and cheese and it was delicious. Also can see them make the cheese thru glass windows in the shop
    I’m traveling from Seattle, WA to Northern California. I wanted coffee and some breakfast. So I stop at Beecher’s because I see the line and the menu board caught my attention. A ham, egg, and cheese sandwich with coffee would hit the spot. This was hands-down the BEST BREAKFAST sandwich I’ve ever had. Who knew you could get something so tasty on the go in any airport!? Next time I’m in town I’ve got to go to the Pike Place location. Calling all business travelers - stop at Beecher’s in the Sea-Tac airport (walking toward gate c-9). They offer more than cheeses.
    Stopped in and bought cheese curds but watched the making and sampled several cheese. It was crazy busy but staff was helpful and smiling amidst the crazy. Come here and buy cheese!
    Great place if you are a cheese lover, we had a cheese sandwich and mac n cheese, both were amazing. You can also buy different sorts of cheese and see how people make it in front of you, which is pretty cool. Great place to grab a bite!
    This place shows you the cheese process, you can try samples and buy cheese too. Very good cheese! Small seating area to grab something to eat too!
    Passed this place a dozen times but only called in today and we were pleasantly surprised. Lovely cafe with Windows looking into the cheese making area. One of the staff kindly explained the process and the cheeses they make. The cheese shop is next door with a vast variety to choose from, including, obviously their own produce. We regret not calling in before. Came away with some of the dairy's cheddar and brie,can recommend. Definitely worth visiting.
    Ok, I sampled the so called greatest mac and cheese in the world. I guess people in Seattle don't know where to get good mac and cheese. Crab sandwich had paper thin amount of crab. Overpriced, overrated.
    Beecher cheese makes cheese on site and you can watch the process, you can also enjoy free cheese samples. If your hungry order a a sandwich or a mac and cheese, heaven !!! Enjoy!!!
    You can watch cheese being made! They have a small seating area...so grab a yummy snack and keep exploring the market. The cheese curds or "Squeeks" are popular and their Mac and Beechers Cheese is the best ever. Don't forget to take home a few chunks of cheese for later.

Similar places people viewed in Seattle

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods