La Popular

Bakery

La Popular14

10151 Culebra Rd
San Antonio, TX 78251, US

La Popular has 8 Tips

I love the tiger tails, pecan sandies, apple fritter
    Some of the most delicious pastties made fresh every morning. Wide variety of type including custard filled eclairs and walnut topped danishes.
    This little bakery is in a small strip of stores on Culebra. You could easily miss it, if not careful. Best place in the area for sweetbreads and a great assortment of cookies and pastries. The prices are so low; it's almost unbelievable. We stop by whenever possible. Take the time to discover a local delight.
    I was driving by and saw this bakery. I have a weakness for trying new bakeries so I made a u-turn and went back. The store sign was a bit weathered so my expectations were low when I first pulled in but was very impressed when entering the store. Unfortunately, I do not know much about Mexican pastries but that wasn't an issue here. Along with the traditional Mexican goodies, they also had a lot of items that were American too! I took much pleasure in picking out several items to take home. Yum! The price was very affordable too. Overall it was a good experience and the lady who helped me was extremely friendly. Definitely will be back
    I cookies cookie their and they where wonderful and people that work their are freindly and great bakery to get donut thier James
    If you like traditional Mexican bakery fare, this is the place to go -- it also does offer some American bakery items too. I'm a big fan of their tortillas - very fresh and home made!
    There are several La Popular bakeries in San Antonio, this is the one on Culebra St. We visit family a couple of times a year in SA and the first thing I do is go to this bakery. They have a huge variety of Mexican baked goods, always fresh and very good. My favorite is the empanadas. It is in a small strip mall and easy to overlook but make sure you try it. We got into SA late this time and got there at 4:30 PM. I was afraid the goods might be stale but everything was fresh and very good. They are open until 10PM 7 days a week.
    Mexican Bakery featuring pan dulces.

Similar places people viewed in San Antonio