Hotel ZaZa Houston

Hotel

museum district • monarch restaurant • hermann park • rice university

Hotel ZaZa Houston has 20 Tips

The food is fabulous - no matter what you order. In the past, however, the kitchen was sometimes painfully slow. We've just returned from our most recent stay at ZAZA and want to report that the kitchen has come up to speed, food is brought in a timely manner, and everything is as delicious as always. They had a tortilla soup and I asked if it was spicy hot. The waiter brought a small sample and it was delicious! We each ordered a cup and it came chocked full of goodies. The lollipop lamb chops and the scallops were as fabulous as always. Do not miss this restaurant if you are in town.
    The property is beautiful, the staff courteous and helpful, DAVID from room service was amazing. We were fortunate enough to have David on two separate occasions one evening, ordered dinner & followed with a late night desert. Received more helpful information about the hotel and its grounds from our short encounters with him.
    We have enjoyed our stay at Hotel Zaza! Such a unique place with a great location. David from room service took such good care of us while we were visiting and made sure we had everything we needed. He went above and beyond! The valet was very convenient and we loved all of the art and portraits located around the hotel. We highly recommend this hotel. At least try it once, and you won’t regret it! Can’t wait to stay again on our next trip.
    This is a very swanky boutique hotel. The service is excellent. The location is great for the museum campus but not much else around the hotel. The restaurant and pool are excellent. Lots of celebrities on the artwork. The room has a spacious living area but the bathroom is very small. No counter space for much of anything but a toothbrush. The toilet is a bit tight between the sink and shower. The shower is nice and large with great pressure. The bed is as good as any I have slept in. The TV is a bit small for the size of the room I was in. The check in and check out was quick and simple.
    I held a small reception for VIPs the night before a golf tournament in their fountain room. Our VIPs were also provided accommodations here during their stay in Houston. The room was decorated nicely for guests to mingle for the reception. The appetizers were amazing. My guests stayed in the SoHo Loft and a Splendito suite. Both received welcome baskets provided by the hotel. They also gave the guests baskets that I provided at check in. My guests were highly complimentary of their rooms. Ms. Ware made the entire process easy and provided great input to make sure I maximized their services at the best rate.
    I want to start off by saying that me and my wife always stay at Hotel whenever we are In Houston. This past Friday September 29, 2017 we had to come to Houston for business and had not decided to stay overnight after our business meeting. We decided to stay and booked our room online and there was a desk clerk named Luis who was exceptional with his service and attitude. I never post reviews but we were so blown away by Luis, that I feel his management team needs to know what an asset he is. I cannot say enough about this Hotel and the level of service they provide because it is exceptional. I also must say I had the pleasure of interacting with another desk clerk name Nerissa and she was always pleasant and very helpful. To sum everything up me and my wife cannot wait on another reason to come back to the Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum!! Bravo
    I spent 2 nights on a business trip. Great rate through the conference. The service, friendliness, and amenities were great. The art all over includes cool stuff as well as some disturbing images, lots of photos of actors, models and hipsters! Free wifi, nice coffee bars in the elevator lobbies, turn down service all make for a really nice experience. The dinner banquet food was tasty but was still basically rubber chicken and the vegetarian option was a pasta dish.
    This was my first time at the Hotel ZaZa Houston. This place was amazing! The look and feel of this hotel is like no other I have ever been. From the art work to photos of celebrities---all very tastefully done! Super comfortable rooms and high end amenities that you wouldn't expect. I had everything I needed in my room to work and to relax. It was nice to have choice for meals---you the Monarch can be a casual place for brunch or more upscale dining for dinner. The poolside offered a small plate menu and great drink assortments. They have this fruit cup that could be shared with a group 3-4 people. I have nothing but glowing 5 star remarks about the staff! From the front door, bellman, front desk, IT support, security, poolside, complimentary shuttle drivers, Monarch wait staff, and housekeeping. These people were the most friendly and professional hotel staff I have ever encountered during my domestic and international travel. It is apparent that their employee hiring matrix works so keep using it! I would definitely come back here again and recommend you stay here. The photos you see on the website accurately reflect the Hotel ZaZa. I added a few of my own.
    They really do treat you like a rock star. Great bar. Interesting rooms. Incredible service. Talk to Azam. He's the best! Location is ideal. Herman Karl is awesome. Come back as a couple and be prepared to be blown away. Oh. And don't forget to try to lamb lollipops.
    I initially chose Hotel ZaZa because it was close to my niece's apartment. It seemed fun and a little quirky and perfect for a weekend stay. ZaZa did not disappoint!! I've stayed in a lot of high end and much more expensive hotels but I have never experienced the high level of customer service that I did at this hotel. The Bellman will literally run to assist you, the valets were very welcoming, and the rest of the staff were just as accommodating. If you want to be treated like royalty this is the hotel for you! In addition, the room was clean, well appointed, and the bathroom was large enough to function in. The only negative is that the walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING! While it did not disturb me per se, it made me very aware that the room next door would also be able to hear everything in our room so I was careful not to talk too loud or keep the television on too late. Even so, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
    We love to stay at the ZaZa! Great customer service from the valet to the bellman to the front desk to room service and through out the hotel. I had a great massage from Lucy at the spa. Allison and Jackie at the Monarch bar were awesome, so friendly and attentive. The location of the hotel is perfect. Museums, the zoo, the park, rice village and the med center are minutes away. We ordered togo from the bar and walked to herman park to watch the sunset. We had appointment at MD Anderson while we were there too and having the shuttle service makes it so much easier to get there and back. No dealing with parking or traffic. We will be back soon! Thank you ZaZa for a wonderful stay.
    This hotel has lots of stylish character. It's design ethos is clearly about taking an over the top approach but it carries this off through sheer scale and commitment. The whole experience was extremely comfortable and the service excellent. We were staying mid week and the place was pretty quiet, including the lovely pool area which was a real treat. The pool bar is not staffed mid week so they ask you to use the telephone at the pool bar to order drinks. They cheekily then add a service charge and delivery charge to the costs of the drinks, and by the time you add a tip, the drinks become hugely expensive and all because they're saving money on not staffing the pool bar. I drank my most expensive G&T ever around that pool. We stayed in a double room with balcony. The room was great but looked over the roof of the Monarch restaurant below so the smells of cooking food dominated the atmosphere from breakfast onwards, especially if you wanted to make use of the balcony. I decide not to let these two irritations put me off what was a very pleasurable stay.
    My wife and I loved our stay at ZaZa! The valets were quick and courteous and Nerissa at the front desk was super friendly. She upgraded us to the Outlaw room on the top floor since it was our wedding night and even gave us a voucher for room service. The room was fantastic and the food was delicious. It's easily the nicest room we've ever stayed in and the friendliest, most caring staff we've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. We'll definitely be back!
    My husband and I stayed here after our Mexico vacation was cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey. The staff was so nice and accommodating, giving us an amazing upgrade to a suite and a bottle of champagne for our trouble. Nerissa, Emily, and other staff went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. The hotel is beautiful and perfectly located; you'll love relaxing by the pool with a drink. Even the poolside staff was incredibly kind and friendly! We hope to return soon to Hotel Zaza.
    This lovely hotel took us in on the 27th of August in the midst of a hurricane as we were stranded and boy, did they look after us. They put us up in a large room with a huge comfortable bed. A small group of staff had volunteered to stay at the hotel and they really looked after us. A huge thank you to Zach, Mary and Anastasia who provided us with amazing service. The remaining staff were great as well but we didn’t get there names. We stayed until the 2nd of Sept and would definitely recommend this warm, comfortable hotel in an great location.
    The hotel itself is beautiful. The room (we booked the Casablanca suite) was amazing. However, the front desk staff and bell desk were below average. The bell desk didn't even utter a word or ask us if we needed help with our bags. They seemed annoyed we wanted to keep them there while our room was "getting ready". We arrived at 2PM for a 4PM check-in. I get it, it's early. But room wasn't ready until exactly 4PM. Another guy checking in at same time, room was ready at exactly 4PM. I feel like it's a gimmick to get us to spend money at the bar. We did. But we would have spent more at the pool if we had checked into our room. Instead, we just had couple of drinks at the bar and then went to our room. We had enough time to check out the pool and then head to our dinner reservation. Check out was 11AM. When asked how my stay was, I replied "ok". That should always be a tell for front desk staff to ask. She clearly wasn't listening as she said "Glad to hear it". Valet staff was great. Better than the bell desk, front desk, waitresses, etc. Overall, meh. I wouldn't stay there again. Much better rooms in Houston for the money, JW Marriot, Four Seasons, Houstonian.
    I travel and stay in many luxury hotels. I had made a reservation yesterday due to a Hurricane in Houston. My electricity had gone out but came back so I went to pay for the first night which I did not use. A very professional gentleman at the front desk by the name of "Azam" could not have been more accommodating. He proceeded to tell me that the hotel would waive the charge for the first night due to the circumstance. I would highly recommend the hotel and give Azam such high praise for his ability to handle customer service so well.
    My adult daughter and I stayed at ZaZa Houston this past weekend. The public rooms at the hotel are beautiful, interesting art is everywere even in the elevator cabs. We had a gorgeous quiet balcony room with two great beds, robes and a 2 sink great bathroom. The staff is so pleasant and helpful. There are a good-looking large black complimentary SUV available to take guests places, coffee on the floors in the morning, wine in the afternoon and wonderful Houston museums nearby. Food is excellent, too. We were dazzled.
    This is a great hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly especially Katherine at the reception and Mel, the Bellman. I really like the rooms that overlook the Mecom Fountain and Hermann Park. I enjoy having breakfast poolside after a morning run in the park.
    I travel to Houston quite often and I always choose Zaza hotel for my stay. From this hotel, I can easily walk to Rice university (or using big black and impressive SUV of the hotel with a cow skull in front of the car). I can also easily walk to the Metro train station and go round the city. The customer service is great with exceptional staffs. I got newspaper every morning and Chocolate with good night cards every evening, before going to sleep. Check in and check out process is fast and convenience. Sure will come back, Zaza, my favorite hotel.

Similar places people viewed in Houston