Upload Business Photo

Stinson's

Coffee Shop

butter

Stinson's has 9 Tips

Nice casual place to relax. This is not fancy--it is a converted gas station, turned into a cafe with a bar. Not crowded when we were there. Had some really good coffee and breakfast tacos. This is the kind of cafe where people drink coffee and work on their laptops.
    Two tacos for $10 and no salsa. I recommend Valentina's for breakfast tacos and you get excellent brisket or pulled pork included and it's cheaper.
    I went on a Friday night when they had live music. The music was great! It's a casual café type place. The BLT was tasty, as well as the chicken fingers. Also good coffee!
    Went Sunday morning for brunch. There were only about 7 people in the entire place and it took more than 45 minutes for our food to arrive after ordering. No apologies, no explanation. When we checked where our food was they said they were really busy, which I found hard to believe with the number of customers in the place. When food did appear it was terrible. Soggy chips, chicken salad sandwich that tasted like cardboard. Really disappointing.
    Food truck with an eat in ac restaurant. Converted service station...Very good breakfast taco.. And butter coffee yum yum. Good service quick, and friendly.. Reasonable too
    Great little neighborhood bistro! I was impressed with the selection of drinks, food and music. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Cozy atmosphere! A "new" Austin gem!
    Great place to watch a game, eat outside or relax inside. Food was great and so was the service. Definitely will stop again to eat here. A must stop in Austin.
    We had burgers, truffle fries, and a spinach and strawberries salad and everything was delicious. The hamburgers were like homemade. The truffle fries were hot and flavorful. They have ready to brew loose leaf teas and made me a hibiscus mint iced tea. The atmosphere is clean and attractively functional. The service was very friendly and made us feel special. Everything was served promptly and the prices were quite reasonable. Don't overlook this little neighborhood bistro.
    I have driven by Stinson's for years and never stopped by. It's an old gas station with a food truck parked out front. So it wasn't really high on my "must do" list. The other day I was waiting at the light and noticed a sign saying to try their butter coffee. Say WHAT? What is that? So I had to stop in. First of all...what a welcoming space. Nothing like what I expected. Outdoor it's just picnic tables but it's really nice inside- the decor could be described as upscale, industrial chic perhaps? Small but really nice! I was there during the breakfast hours and so was just there to try the butter coffee. The delightful new employee was friendly and cheerful and explained that they also served lunch and at night had craft cocktails. The butter coffee was odd but tasty Turns out they actually put butter into it! I am definitely coming back for food!

Similar places people viewed in Austin

Browse Coffee Shops in Nearby Neighborhoods