Pinthouse Pizza

Pizza Place

pizza • salads • pretzels • classic cheese

Pinthouse Pizza has 20 Tips

I recommend Pinthouse Pizza to everyone I meet. It simply can't be beat in terms of: (1) Price [mediocre establishments charge as much and sometimes even more than PHP], (2) Quality [pizza has crushed tomatoes for base [not some salty, bitter tasting "sauce" out of a can], peppadew peppers, arugula, goat cheese, dough etc all taste fresh, (3) Service & Speed of Service - you literally receive the salads and pizza before you can blink, (4) Beer - the Electric Jellyfish is a true west coast IPA - better than any I have had east of the Rockies; (5) Ambiance - nice wooden tables, well illuminated, social atmosphere - kids and dogs are welcome - reminds me of the long wooden tables of a beer hall in Germany. Nice tvs for watching sports. Only improvement would be a beer garden with chestnut trees in the shade!
    Good laid back spot for good pizza and plenty of beer to pick from. The prices are reasonable and the beer selection they have is great as well. You can't go wrong with good pizza and beer. Parking is somewhat limited. The staff is very friendly as well. I also thought it was neat that they have a very old Donkey Kong arcade game.
    The food was all fresh and delist! Loved the GF pizza! The pizza rolls were good. Also, the salads are fresh!
    Highly recommended brewpub/pizza joint; Lively, crowded, with a fast-moving but, at times, long ordering line; Remarkably affordable prices; Great for an informal get together.
    This is a wonderful place to get some first rate pizza and some darn good craft brews. The pizzas are innovative in their styles and delicious. The beer selection is top notch with a nice variety of house brewed, locals, and craft breweries. Family style seating for the most part, a few tables outside, which in two more months will be bearable, but not now. Totally family friendly as well. Give it a try.
    A friendly pizza bar atmosphere with lots of noise but a really tasty pizza and we will return. We look on going here as a special treat.
    This place is one of my favorite places to eat! I have never had a bad experience with the service and the food. My favorite item to eat is the armadillo pizza with a Caesar salad. The pretzel is also really great! You can't go wrong with any of the beer choices! Pick the type you like and enjoy!
    Me and my friend found this place on google maps when we was looking around. From there we made it our place to eat from pictures alone, and it was no disappointment! The pizza was freaking delicious! The beer selection was really good, too. This is a definite return for me whenever I go back to Austin. For my pizza I had a medium one with artisanal sausage, spinach, and mozzarella with jalapeño ranch. So freaking good. The sausage paired so well with the spinach and mozzarella.
    Family style tables make this place a friendly and welcoming environment. The pizza is also some of the best in the city and the beer is excellent - always a great selection.
    Really enjoyed Pinthouse Pizza. I was wanted a real down to earth pizza not the normal so I saw this place and reviewed it on yelp and it scored very high. I don't normally drink been but I was tired and been in the sun. The been and cannonball pizza was Grreat. Definitely going back
    This reminds me a lot of Pizza Port in Solana Beach, California. Perhaps the owner was inspired by them. Great pizza, beer, at good prices with great attention and service. Yes, it's a self-service place but the staff is fantastic. Worth a visit
    Great place with a nice craft beer selections. Pizza was fresh and tasty. Good place to hang out. Thanks
    Visited this establishment with my daughter and her fiancé and ate the pizza they ordered which was pepperoni and Italian sausage. It was good with what I would call a thinner crust. Everything was very fresh and tasty with an adequate amount of cheese. That's one of my pet peeves: being stingy with the cheese on a pizza😡. This is not the type of pizza I would have ordered for myself as I prefer vegetables on mine with the meats but seeing as how I was the guest, I just munched along with them and enjoyed it greatly. The star of my meal was the salad! I wish I had ordered the larger version because it was sooooo good! I don't remember the name of it but it had candied pecans and a pink peppercorn vinaigrette on it. Awesomeness. My only complaint would be the parking. It can be crowded and be sure and DO NOT park in the parking for the BBQ joint next door!!! They will boot your vehicle in about 3 minutes. No kidding. This is serious. Saw it happen. I would definitely go back here but perhaps at a NOT prime dining time. It gets loud and crowded but it does have some outdoor seating that is fun when weather allows. I will return.
    Been here twice now. Pizza is great. Beers are awesome and now they have crowlers. I wish they didn't make you order everything over the counter though. It can become a bit painful to order food and beer there.
    PHP seems to be a neighborhood favorite and has a consistently good crowd. Friendly service, the house brews are all excellent (and they change all the time). Great thin crust pizza, there are other food offerings that I haven't tried - why would I? Highly recommended; try to find a place to sit outside if it's not too hot.
    the pizza is good and beer choice better. Had the margherita and veggie. Both were good. The seating here is all large tables with bench seating. There are also some bar level tables available to lean on. We arrived about 6pm on a Friday evening and the place was packed. you must grab an area at a table large enough for your group and be happy to share space. It is just a bit loud for easy conversation but still worth the visit
    We are a large family and when we get together, there are 15-20 people to accommodate--here it's easy. There's large table, open seating, and casual atmosphere with lots of tvs up high, so they aren't intrusive if you don't want to catch a game. The pepperoni and veggie with goat cheese pizzas were delicious. Large selection of beer and our choices were unique and good. I look forward to other visits here when in town.
    I have heard that this place is the place to visit when I come to Austin and can't agree more!! I loved the atmosphere and we went on a weekday which was less crowded then what they say it is on the weekend. Parking wasn't bad when we went. It's small though. The fountain drinks were yummy, prices are spot on for the pizza ingredients, size and taste! We ordered the pepperoni, basil and pineapple and the pizza roll. Delicious!! There is a small area for some arcade games and lots of seating space. I enjoyed our visit here and the staff was friendly. I highly recommend coming to get your fix of pizza!!
    Penthouse Pizza is a nice place to hang out and enjoy pizza and amazing craft beers. Try the Jelly Fish. The atmosphere here is fun and light. With family, friends, or on business, you will enjoy your time. The staff is great and they have great attitudes. A pleasurable experience no doubt.
    If you are looking for great pizza and some great beer this is the place. With over 25 beers on tap from hoppy ale's too Irish dark barley. Wish we had had more time. Don't forget to get the jalapeño ranch dip for your pizza!

Similar places people viewed in Austin

• Conans Pizza Central