Photo of Omni Austin Hotel Downtown in Austin, TX, US
Photo of Omni Austin Hotel Downtown in Austin, TX, US
Photo of Omni Austin Hotel Downtown in Austin, TX, US

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown

Hotel

rooftop pool • select guest • club level • office building

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown has 20 Tips

Would stay somewhere else next time. I was given a room on the 4th floor and discovered a small note warning me of the street noise. I asked to move rooms and was pleased with my new room. Didn't like the location of the hotel or valet service.
    Requested to have two rooms together on the reservation. They booked us o separate floors the first night and guaranteed me they would have two rooms forn us the next morning that we're together. The next morning it was like the horn I spent at the front desk the night before didn't even happen. They had no clue what I was talking about. After multiple phone calls and talking to several managers they finally gave us a second room next one of the ones we had. It was terrible service in my opinion. I wouldn't spend the money for good service here. Stay at the Hyatt!! The beds weren't even queens!! They use full size beds for their double rooms
    The Omni is centrally located in AUSTIN, convenient to 6th Street multiple musical experiences, and restaurants. Hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable, especially the concierge desk. Carpets, drapes and hallways need refurbishing as well as toilets and bathroom fixtures. The accoutrements are adequate, but tv and pool need upgrading and cleanliness care. Mid-priced but good quality for the dollars spent.
    From top to bottom this hotel is absolutely fantastic. The staff was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. It was located perfectly for anyone looking to tour the city, and the roof top pool/bar we're great.
    We stayed here while visiting family. The lobby definitely has the "WOW" factor- with soaring ceilings and glass enclosed elevators. Close to downtown bars & restaurants. Pool was disappointing- no hot tub or food/drink service.
    Wonderful hospitality during our stay in Austin. Perfect location in downtown Austin. The property is absolutely beautiful, the rooms were extremely comfortable and that rooftop pool was the perfect escape from the heat. I look forward to future stays at this property when I return to Austin.
    Rooms are very loud with traffic and the police station just a couple blocks over. Was woke up multiple times from sirens and such. Food was over priced for what it was, but that seems to be the theme of Austin... Rooms do not have a refrigerator or microwave, but do offer some more over priced items in a minibar if it isn't locked.
    Clean rooms and great service. Tons of self-parking. Lobby restaurant and bar worked well for early breakfast and afternoon snacks. Staff very attentive. Easy short walk to the Austin Convention Center and other downtown hotels.
    I really enjoy this Hotel. The staff and accommodations were excellent. My only complaint would be that there was no way other than room service to get coffee before 6:00am. Only an issue for an early riser that doesn't want coffee in the room.
    The Omni in downtown Austin is a great place to stay, warm welcome and good food. Centrally located to the night life around Austin. Plan some extra time to get down to the river and enjoy the water activities. Also make sure to see the excitement of 6th and what it has to offer.
    Excellent feel, has state of the art architecture. Very cozy atmosphere and excellent staff. The rooms are very nice and the room service staff does an excellent job of making sure your room stays that way.
    Fantastic experience overall. From the expansive lobby to the roof-top pool and everything in-between the Omni was a fantastic experience for me and my family. My daughter claimed she felt like royalty for the weekend. Though only 9, this is quite an endorsement coming from her. She takes her "princess" very seriously.
    My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Omni Austin Downtown to celebrate our first anniversary. We were warmly welcomed and received excellent recommendations from the concierge, who was kind enough to send up a complimentary bottle of champagne. The room was lovely, the pool was refreshing and well tended. The location is perfect, walking distance to all points of interest including Sixth Street, but no noise issues at night in our room. If we find ourselves in Austin again we will happily revisit the Omni!
    Service was amazing. The quality of the hotel is not pleasing for the price. There were hidden fees attached that were never mentioned before booking the room, also the daily parking fee is outrageous!
    Very disappointing. I don't think they have changed anything in 30 years. Maybe worth $100 a night. Definitely not a $300 a night hotel. People were very nice and accommodating. Allowed us to leave after 1 night without a penalty. Service was good. Wish the accommodations were as good as the people.
    We visited Austin and stayed at the Omni for my bachelorette party on Labor Day weekend and the manager Joe was so accommodating and helpful! We had a wonderful stay and would definitely go back to visit again!
    I hosted a business event at the Omni Austin Downtown meeting room space. The staff service was excellent - they not only met or promptly responded to our needs but often proactively anticipated them. The food quality was probably the best hotel meeting room buffets that I have had - delicious meal options. Many participants complimented the food! The rooms are clean and comfortable. Great location - a couple blocks from 6th Street, the Capitol, and great bars and restaurants.
    I chose the Omni because I knew the brand from staying at the one in Corpus Christie. This hotel did not disappoint. If you want to be close to downtown and have an amazing room at a good rate, this is the place to stay. It's very centrally located.
    The suites are lovely: full threadmill, weights, kitchen, and separate bedroom area. Rooftop pool has great views as well. It's conveniently located in downtown Austin and staff is extremely friendly.
    We evacuated to Austin because of Harvey. The hotel provided exceptional service during this difficult time. The staff was courteous at all times and did everything it could to make this most difficult time and stress free as possible

Similar places people viewed in Austin

Browse Hotels in Nearby Neighborhoods