Mr. Natural

Vegetarian / Vegan Restaurant

health food shop • order

Mr. Natural has 11 Tips

Fast food style with sit down service in the evenings. Came here because the lady is a vegetarian. As such, I have had my share of vegetarian/organic/vegan fare. Started with the vegan queso which is a misnomer in itself. That being said, this was the best part of the meal. Spicy enough, but not too much. Queso was great. Chips on the other hand were restaurant surplus variety. I had the Texas BBQ burger. As vegetarian burgers go, this was above average but not the best. Fries were hot but lacked flavor. Next time, get the black beans which were quite tasty. The tamales were bland. No flavor here. Would pass on this one. Service was slow for a restaurant that only had a few people. Total for the meal was ~30 bucks. Not a bad place, but there are much better vegetarian options in Austin.
    This is a purely vegetarian operation and we always enjoy the food and staff. The food is good, not amazing, but good, and the decor is a little underwhelming. Price wise it always feels expensive to me for the experience, but the high points are the nice staff and vegetarian food.
    Have not been here in quite a while - I usually go during the lunch buffet - but I decided to try some breakfast tacos today. The tacos were prepared just as ordered on delicious homemade flour tortillas, packed full of ingredients. I ordered one black bean and avocado and another egg and spinach. All of the tacos come additionally with lettuce, tomato, sprouts, and onion and are very reasonably priced. They are also available all day. While I waited for my tacos to be prepared, I was able to browse the ample selection of baked goods and beverages. The staff was friendly and attentive too. I'm picky about breakfast tacos and these were really good, and made just as I asked. Would very much recommend this place.
    Great Vegetarian food along with a wonderful selection of Mexican and American Pastries. They staff have always been friendly
    My husband and I went for dinner while visiting the city. We split the Burger Boss and Chili Relleno. Both were good, but the Burger Boss was one of the best burgers I've ever had (that includes meat-based burgers!). The atmosphere is bright and stark, but it's really a combo of health food store and deli so if you are looking for a more traditional restaurant, try elsewhere or order your food to go. I would definitely go back for the burger!
    Mexican-focused vegetarian quick-serve eatery with a health food shop, bakery & juice bar...delicious food reasonably priced..very casual..good bakery items..enjoyed turnovers...would visit again if in Austin.
    Popped in here on a recent visit to Austin and had the Mr Natural veggie burger. Was nice to find a healthy Tex-Mex alternative but found it lacked that essential chilli kick which, to me, is an essential and integral part of the cuisine. Also, I was expecting something more by way of relishes and sides. Still, Mr Natural is a very pleasant, bright and spacious diner and I'd happily eat here again though the experience could be improved by offering some spicier fare on their menu. Service was of a commendably high standard and the health food shop had a good array reasonably priced products.
    We've always found the food tasty and my 5 year old loves the burritos. This is definitely a health oriented restaurant and don't expect a lot of frills inside. Just a basic counter order restaurant with decent food.
    Great creative vegetarian and vegan food. The buffet is full of healthy selections. You pick and they serve you. Nice sized portions. Just enough. Not too much. Comfortable environment. Get a drink. The drinks are yummy.
    I'll preface this by saying I am not a food snob, and I am willing to give any venture a try with an open mind. I had never been to an all vegetarian restaurant before, which is what this is. It wasn't a surprise either. I knew what i was getting into before I walked in the door. Food-wise, that is. Friendly staff on hand to greet me, but here it's a "go up to the counter and order" place. I will still take a waitress at my table over that anytime. There was somebody to bring the order to my table when it was ready, at least. But if I wanted a refill on my coffee, I guess I had to go ask, because no one came to check up on me. No one asked how my meal was either. I come to expect that at a fast food place, but for the increased price of the food, they might have extended that courtesy. The food itself was only so-so. I got something referred to as a cowboy scramble, which had tofu, soy chorizo, potatoes and some cheese, and was spicy enough, but not particularly tasty to me. I guess part of the problem I had was the potatoes were a bit too chunky and undercooked. They might have gotten a bit better rating from me if the potatoes had been julienne instead of chunky. I ended up leaving half my meal on the plate. It's possible I just made a bad decision on choice and might have a better experience the 2nd time, so i give them a 3 star rating and will try again later.
    I stopped by for lunch on Friday, December 5, 2014. I ordered an avocado sandwich and paid $7.04 with tax. The staff were friendly. The service was prompt. The sandwich came with a choice of fries or chips and salsa. I chose the latter. I was not disappointed with either the sandwich or the chips. Water is offered free with food. I am sure I will return soon.

Similar places people viewed in Austin

Browse Vegetarian / Vegan Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods