Home Slice Pizza

Italian Restaurant

Home Slice Pizza44.5
pizza • pie • garlic knots • salads

Home Slice Pizza has 24 Tips

Hands down BEST pizza ever...my fav is the margherita...give dough balls for kids to play with...go early and on a weekday for less of a wait...have a cool back patio too
    Pepperoni, Kalamata Olive, Ricotta, AND Meatball!!! Mmmmmmmmm!
    This is our favorite pizza in Austin!!!
    Owned by married couple Jen and Joseph Strickland and friend Terri Hannifin, Home Slice is a SoCo must-taste.
    Excellent pizza served hot. Window service was excellent and pleasant. Pie slice was brought out to picnic table with a smile. Price was cheap in comparison to other restaurants in the area.
    Always head to Home Slice with family after picking them up at the airport. I have told so many people about Home Slice since the month it opened. I have gone so many times, it's just all around great! Can be loud on the inside area at times, however they do have a back patio to enjoy or pick-up to take home. Try one of their salads with whichever pizza you pick-they are all great! Oh and the bread knots yum, they often bring one more than what's in the party to see who will get it...they get a kick out of it!
    The iconic Home Slice Pizza lives up to its amazing reputation for delicious pizza. I love thin crust pizza and this pizza is simply amazing. There is a reason for the long lines and you need to go find out why.
    We love going to Home Slice ... while tourists troll 6th street, locals have their favorite places on South Congress, and one of the best is Home Slice. I've brought the family and backed-in our Suburban up near the front and had an evening tailgater with four different pizzas on the spot!!
    The two times we have been here the location is jammed packed, but its so worth the wait, but if you are in a hurry, don't worry right next to the restaurant they have a buy by the slice venue and its still the great tasting pizza. The first time we visited, we opted to wait for a table at the restaurant, we waited about 45 minutes, but it wasn't bad at all as we waited on the outside waiting area, and were we were able to buy some drinks to wait it out, and the staff was super friendly. Once we went inside our order was taken in a timely manner and our pizza was also brought in a timely manner. We started with the an appetizer, the breaded knots with cheese and although I did not taste them myself, my daughters and hubby raved about them. Our pizza was delicious!!! Also the cheesecake was to die for, we were all very happy campers, and we were glad to find this pizza establishment and will be proud to take any family and visitors from out of town to it.
    I love all types of pizza - thin & crisp, Sicilian, Neapolitan etc. and although I've been to Austin many times, I'd never tried Home Slice. It was worth waiting for. It's a New York style like many places, but Home Slice does it really well! Perfect chewy-crisp crust, flavorful toppings, and huge slices. I tried the white broccoli pie on Monday and it was so good that I went back for the white spinach pie on Tuesday. It was delicious too. I would've like to try the sausage and others, but the slices are so big - one is all I could eat. Next trip.
    We took a stroll down congress and wanted to eat, we smelled this wonderful pizza and had to eat here. The wait was an hour long but we hung out on the back patio with drinks and played ping pong and time went fast. We were seated and waiter was very attentive and made wonderful recommendations as this was our first visit. The pizza was great, pretty big slices and yummy. If you don't mind the wait to try this our the atmosphere is great!
    You can't go wrong with this place. By the slice, or a whole pie for yourself. There are plenty of vegetarian options as well
    The best pizza in Austin! Bar none! This is one of our go-to places to bring our friends from out-of-town. The food is delicious and the Austin vibe is super strong there. Highly recommended!
    We went close to closing time and got a slice real quick. I got just a cheese pizza and it was delicious. An employee came out and said it was last call for pizza since they were going to close. I said I would like one more, and when I reached to give him my card, he said it was on the house. Gave it to me because "I was helping them get rid of it" made my night!
    Went for a swim and Barton Springs and needed dinner. This place is fantastic - great NY pizza - I have had the real thing not an expert but this was a great pie! Had a slice which is enormous and beer perfect after a swim.
    Get a slice or a whole pie. So good. The basic pepperoni is great. Good crust. Good service. I go back everyone I'm down there.
    My favorite post-bar spot on S. Congress. So many hangovers prevented by this place! Pizza is awesome, staff is friendly, and there's always a good crowd.
    We ordered a pizza to be picked up. It was ready at the appointed pick up time. The crust was thin and crispy- just like we like it! There was plenty of each topping and the sauce was great. Very enjoyable take out pizza!
    There isn't anything fancy about Home Slice, it's a busy, crowded, inexpensive place to grab a slice of pizza and a cold beer. The pizza was good if you like thin crust, it's hard to grab a seat but not impossible as people don't stay for too long. It was a great place to dip into and get a cold beer if you're exploring South Congress in the heat! I would definitely stop by again. They also have some outdoor benches if you're ok sitting outside.
    ...pizza anywhere. Italian chefs come here to perfect their recipes and technique. Just kidding, but really...they should. Love this place and there are not too many pseudo-hipstery individuals running around.
    Try their cheese pizza and you'll love this place. Always busy, so better to have pick up order if you don't like waiting for 20-30 min.
    This is some tasty pizza. Love that they are thin and so flavorful. The place itself is small with limited space for big parties, but you can sit outside and still enjoy the evening watching the attractions near by the gift shops.
    This place is really epic! I absolutely recommend everyone from all over to check out this pizza Joint! Absolutely loved the atmosphere, the area, and most importantly the pizza!!! Ahhhhhh The server who i had is really awesome! He has long hair, male, about 5'9 ft tall, he was working at the bar on 08.13.17 around 8 PM! Great job, amazing service! Pepperoni and cheese was like no other!
    This is one of those places that you absolutely have to stop at every time you are in the city. We waited an hour to get a table, but it was worth it. Friendly staff and excellent pizza....I definitely recommend coming here if you are visiting.

Similar places people viewed in Austin

• Olive Garden