Dizzy Rooster

Bar

Dizzy Rooster14.5
great live music • bartender • bands • street

Dizzy Rooster has 21 Tips

$1 Lonestar and great live music.
    Thanks for bringing life to our afternoon! Highly recommend this place , we enjoyed the fresh margaritas and humorous entertaining bar tender.
    It is my first time in the States and am a musician myself. There's live music and there is more than enough room to dance. The choice of the music between bands is both old and new so there's some for everyone. I get cold quickly so I am not a fan of the AC, but the cool service in helping me choosing a drink was very thaughtful since I am a difficult customer.
    Small bar with local live music. The bar tender was friendly and attentive. The local music was good. A little pricey for the atmosphere. A local came in and drew a picture of us. It was a little awkward. Just wanted to drink a beer and listen to music - not have someone staring you down while he drew a picture.
    I love this bar. It was laid back, chill environment. They had live music all night. Bartenders were very attentive.
    Heard some strong country western solo coming from this joint. Went in to find a guy looking like Zack Brown but without the hat. Great voice and guitar pickin. Very interactive with the light crowd. Cold beer, good service helped us enjoy ourselves. Stop in and you will too will probably have a good time.
    I've been there with a group of friends and I don't have any words to describe it. This place is awesome awesome. I recommend everyone in Austin to visit this place
    I loved this place. Small, cozy, great music, excellent servers. Was here for a week, found it on Sunday, went back Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. and would have went Friday too except we were leaving that morning. Of all the bars on 6th Street I name this the best for me.
    Both times we went, there was live music. Great vib cool crowd. Cold beer and a area out back to sit outside...
    The draw was the music - in a street full of drinking establishments on a cold Tuesday night, nothing made beer go down better than great live music. Loved that they had a beer pong table set up in the back. Service was quick, bathroom was clean, and entertainment kept me out later than I'd intended.
    We went here on a Sunday night and it was great! The live music was awesome, the staff were friendly and the girl bartender made us these amazing cherry vodka shots! I recommend checking this place out.
    My husband and I came across the Dizzy Rooster after being told about a website that lists out all live music playing all over Austin. We wanted to check out some bands during the weekend. He found a band he thought he knew playing at the Dizzy Rooster so we stopped in. We had such a great time listening to Mike V and he wasn't even the band we went to see...! He was hilarious and a really great singer, a great entertainer! The bar wasn't packed by any means but he did get the crowd going a bit. We were able to sit and enjoy the music which was very nice. The bar is just a bar, nothing really special. But the live music made it awesome! Go see Mike V!!!
    Great bands / singers. Comfortable vibe, just dumpy enough but not a total dive. Only issue is no tap beer and most cans/bottles are of the colors/bud/PBR variety. They have some local micros but one cooler is 90% bud products. You be the judge.
    Stopped in for a quick drink before our meal. Had a great live band & friendly staff. Good little watering hole on 6th street.
    Went there with a large group last Thursday and again Saturday. Live music Thursday was not good, Saturday was DJ for most of the night and we had a blast. It's a dive bar and if you are into that, you will love it. Don't remember the drinks being cheap or expensive....but I had a lot. Cute girl at the back bar was friendly with our whole group and having a fun time, she invited one of our girls to dance on the bar with her.... All our girls got shots from dancing on the front bar too...played beer pong and danced...good times!
    I don't know our bartender's name, but he had a great sense of humor and was friendly. Prices were very decent, especially since my husband and I had wine, not beer or a cocktail. We were there on a Tuesday afternoon around 5:30 p.m. and there was a young man singing live and playing his guitar. He was so good; it made it hard for us to leave. We will visit Dizzy Rooster again next time we are in Austin.
    Of all the places to stop in on 6th Street in Austin this should be one of them. A nice bar staff, decent drink specials and cool live music. Fun!
    We got together last year to party during the ROT and we returned to the same restaurant Manuel's to watch the ride in on Congress, unpacked at the Downtown Courtyard Marriott, then off to party at the Dizzy Rooster. We had a great time. Music/band was awesome and beer was cold. Thank you!
    This place had good live music. Drinks are nothing to talk about, but we enjoyed hanging out here for a bit! They also had beer pong tables set up if that's your thing.
    Fun place to hang out with family and friends and hear great music. I try to stop in every time I'm in Austin. Good drink specials
    Happening place! Good reason to stop by as you walk up & down 6th - quality musicians and a very Good bar staff! Exactly what you want - everybody is friendly and happy! Give it a try

Similar places people viewed in Austin

Browse Bars in Nearby Neighborhoods