Botticelli's

Italian Restaurant

lasagna • bread • filet • pansotti

Botticelli's has 20 Tips

In the midst of a week of steak dinners, I was looking for a change when we wandered into Botticelli's for a drink and decided to stay for dinner. What a treat to find that unique Italian meal with fresh ingredients. From appetizers, main course, desert & wines it was a pleasant surprise for each. We'll done!
    My friend and I were in town and wanted some good Italian food - we found Botticelli's on Trip Advisor and it sounded great. We made a reservation and our table was ready when we got there. Our waiter was fantastic! The main dining room is small and tables are close together, so it is a little loud, but I heard them say there is also an outside area. Outstanding wine list! We started with salads, which were huge! My friend ordered the butternut squash ravioli and I had the lamb. Her ravioli was extremely salty - tasted like it was in the pasta and not the sauce - mentioned it to the waiter who immediately took it to the owner - they found out that someone had been cooking it in the wrong water. Offered to replace the meal, but we moved on to espressos and dessert. (The lamb was great by the way.). Tiramisu was phenomenal. They comped both of our espressos and desserts - which was absolutely unnecessary and we tried to decline! We left a good tip as a thank you - will definitely be back!
    Tiny indoor restaurant though comfortable outdoor weather-protected dining. Fun birthday dinner in cosy environment went very well. We brought our flowers and cake. Very professional service and the food was yummy. We all had various appetizers and veal dishes. The folk singer was okay, though not especially festive music. Good experience overall. Would recommend.
    A HUGE THANK YOU TO BOTTICELLI'S! They were able to fit my party on short notice. We had an incredible time and the food was AMAZING! I personally think they have the best Italian food in Austin. It's a beautiful little spot tucked away on South Congress. It's a great place for couples as it's not a large space, so if you're wanting a romantic, intimate night it's perfect. Out on the patio is great for friends and family. The band was also really fun. If you haven't been there yet, GO!!! You won't be sorry!
    We hit Botticelli's at Happy Hour and enjoyed a perfectly concocted Chicago style Bloody Mary served with a side of about 4 oz. of Lone Star. A delicious Caesar salad for $5 on the Happy hour menu was just the right mix of Parmesan and lemon. But the dish that brought us in was the RAVIOLI DI ZUCCA GIALLA-Housemade raviolis filled with roasted butternut squash served in a brown butter and sage sauce topped with parmesan and chili flakes for $22. Oh my goodness what an epicurean delight. The brown butter and sage sauce was a savory complement to the sweet butternut squash. The dish was really memorable. We ate on the outdoor patio and service was attentive. Truly we enjoyed the food so much it's like our surroundings disappeared. Highly recommend this experience.
    Had dinner there last night and was not disappointed. The service was top notch and friendly. We sat outside on the patio, live music playing but not to loud to drown out the conversation. The food was very good and flavorful. I recommend the Venison gnocchi.
    Our server was fantastic and explained the menu well and made fantastic suggestions. I enjoyed the AmberJack fish and it melts in your mouth. My husband had the filet which he loved as well. The homemade tiramisu was delicious.
    Unassuming South Congress comfy restaurant. We started with the Spicy shrimp which was perfectly cooked. The shrimp were tender and the spice enveloped them leaving room for the contrast of the seared polenta. The Zuppa Del Giorno was cauliflower and potato in a rich creamy broth with a good dollop of pepper. It was very satisfying. Then my wife ordered the Butternut Squash Ravioli and added the sausage. The combination of flavors in the rich butter and sage sauce was outstanding. I had the Garlic Molasses marinated lamb chops which were perfectly cooked. The sweetness of the molasses was a wonderful vehicle to hold the richness of the tender lamb. All in all a great meal.
    We had dinner here on evening while we were out as a family. We did not have reservations/ recommended. We got lucky, and got a table. The food was good and the service was good too. I had butternut squash ravioli. My kids had chicken dishes and my husband has the filet. I also had a Caesar salad. Overall, it was very good. The restaurant is not very big but does have a full bar. Staff was overall very good. No dessert but will try one next time. Located on South Congress where there are many shops/ restaurants.
    Great menu. Fun little outside area. Met the chef. Great waiters. Great spot to have some sangria a great meal and spend an anniversary with friends
    Austin has so many options for dinner - it is easy to become overwhelmed and have a difficult time making a choice. This restaurant was close to our hotel and was recommended by friends so we gave it a shot. Everyone enjoyed their dinner - carnivores and vegetarians alike. It's not cheap but the food is well prepared and we actually wished we had gone there again after we made a disasterous dinner choice up the street the following evening.
    My wife and I ate here last Friday. Ginna was our server. My wife had a steak and I had spaghetti and meatballs. I also had the mushroom soup. The food was terrific and service was great. The restaurant is a bit smallish on the inside but patio seating is available. I suggest calling ahead for a reservation. Parking is difficult in this area of Austin but there is a pay lot less than a block south of the restaurant.
    If you're walking along South Congress, you might not expect to find good Italian food, but you'd be wrong. Botticelli's does a great job, and offers a secluded back patio that offers you some respite from the crowds if that's what you want. We both had pasta dishes, but the real star was the pesto. Just wonderful! If you're looking for a different spin on South Congress, Botticelli's is the spot!
    Be sure to check out their backyard patio if the weather is nice. Great food. Great location. A cool idea is to have dinner here and then step next door and hear great live music at the Continental Club!
    Really enjoyed this place, exceptionally busy which is a good sign. We sat in the beer garden enjoying the band and several pre dinner drinks prior to our table being ready .. the food was excellent , however the waiters' heart was not in it at all .. gave us used cutlery and was openly keen to finish the night which detracted from the night slightly .. bar that excellent food
    We originally were going to eat at Perlas but without reservations were told it was a 2 hour wait. Walking across the street, we found Botticelli's. What a great place. Cozy Italian restaurant run by a great family of ex-Chicagoans. I've never met a more welcoming group of folks. And the food is tremendous. The seared duck breast over duck confit pan fried ravioli dressed in a black pepper fig sauce garnished with fresh mint was cooked to perfection, the petite seared filet over mascarpone risotto tremendous and the pasta was delicious. Their Botticelli bread is a handed-down recipe from their grandmother - a must have. And finally, there's a jazz combo playing music in a back beer garden. This place is a hidden gem.
    Not the best Italian I've had, but priced like it was. The pasta used to make the ravioli was too thick for my taste. The cream sauce was good, as was the bread.
    Not only does Botticelli's have terrific food, ranging from the straightforward and tasty Italian beef sandwich to shrimp and polenta (love that sauce), to the boar pasta, it also shines with the bar / beer garden out back as a place to relax.
    The food is excellent in both presentation and flavor. Service was fantastic and great wine choices. I like the small size of the place, but the noise level is fairly high...we had a booth and I had a difficult time hearing my girlfriend. Overall a very solid dining experience. Great lasagne with unique flavors.
    I am so disappointed in this place. I read the reviews and my fiancé was raving about it. I ordered the Ravioli Di Zucca Gialla and the vegetarian bread to go. The ravioli was covered in large chunks of garlic (which it does not say on the menu) and overwhelming. It was also extremely salty. I actually rinsed the sauce off in the sink and still didn't like it. It also came with 3 free pieces of garlic bread that was too hard to eat. And the vegetarian bread was disgusting. It was soggy and soaked through with what tasted like old vegetables. We threw it away. My fiancé also said he didn't know what happened and said this is not the same place he once loved. I called and complained. They were very nice, we gave them our info. We will try again, if it's better the 2nd time, I'll change my review. Vespaio is still my favorite italian place of all time.

Similar places people viewed in Austin

• Olive Garden