Austin Java

American Restaurant

Austin Java14
french toast • californian omelette • breakfast served all day • quick breakfast

Austin Java has 21 Tips

The only downside to the experience is that Austin Java doesn’t do fries, so you’re going to have to pick between chips and salsa or a side salad (you win this one, health nuts).
    We recently used Austin Java for catering a 3-day meeting in downtown Austin. We used them all three days for breakfast and lunch. The deliveries were on time and the food was delicious and plentiful. The jumbo cookies are deeee-licious! Also during an event we had right next door at The W Hotel, I would grab coffee in the morning before heading to our event. The folks are really nice and the coffee is goooood. What else can you ask for? :-D
    Whether you are require coffee and a snack in the morning on your way to work or an actual meal, they have it. The, "Morning glory," muffin is great! It has, carrot, raisin and ginger-I think. It was a nice boost of energy that went great with a cup of coffee or whatever caffeinated beverage you choose. The burgers are ok, not bad. Check it out for yourself. We all taste things differently. ^_^
    Stopped by on a Sunday morning for a quick breakfast with friends, and Java Austin did not disappoint. The food was fast, fresh and delicious, with tons of flavor and extra touches. We sat outside and enjoyed people-watching from the patio. I had eating at Taverna the day before, and much preferred Java Austin's food - at half the price!!!
    Stopped in on a Saturday morning for a quick breakfast. Plentiful options, great taste (particularly the omelettes), quick and friendly service.
    Great breakfast! We ate omelettes and steel cut oatmeal and sat outside on the patio. Service was prompt. Food tasted great. And we love the name of their locally brewed coffee: "Fog Lifter!" We will definitely go back.
    We were planning on going to Jo's Coffee for breakfast, but it was completely mobbed. We tried this place instead, since it was much less crowded. The breakfast was very good indeed.
    Austin Java is a smallish restaurant/coffee shop. Although they do sell coffee they also serve breakfast and lunch/dinner items. Austin Java has a few tables and has outdoor seating when the weather is nicer (a bit too cool when I was there). They also do takeout. The atmosphere is very casual. It was quite busy when I went for lunch, but no lineups. I decided to try the Honeynut Latte ($4.95). This is the sort of thing I probably wouldn't have at home, but travelling is a licence for at least a modest level of self-indulgence. I thought this was excellent and in fact I had it two more times while I was in the area. For lunch one day I ordered the Fish tacos ($10.95). This features grilled tilapia, tortilla with red cabbage, corn pico de gallo and remoulade sauce, along with some chips. This was very tasty and hit the spot for lunch. So, yes, support your local coffee shop - not everything has to be about mega-franchises all the time - and be sure to visit Austin Java.
    I've been coming here for a few months going through the menu. I loooove getting breakfast here. Veggie chorizo OR californian omelette with biscuits are top. The chicken and waffles are amazing, but you better bring a friend to help. Egg in a hole 'monster' burger is also a delicious mad scientist creation that I couldn't tame.
    What a wonderful place to people-watch and dine al fresco. Menu selections are many, and the food is very fresh! Not to worry if they are busy: just take your "order number" outside with you to the table of your choice and food order will be brought to you. Try to avoid the noontime rush, as the locale is a favorite of many City employees!
    While in Austin, this is a must stop for Brunch, Lunch or Dinner. The menu is vast and they offer several vegan and vegetarian options and are also super earth friendly. I visited for Brunch and ordered the Chicken and Waffles. The chicken was crunchy with a Corn Flake breading and juicy with a great flavor ( great portion ). The waffles were super fluffy and golden brown. It is served with a green chile bacon jam and some maple syrup. My partner ordered the Biscuits and Gravy. The portion was Hugh with two biscuits and sausage and bacon filled gravy. It was accompanied by two eggs of your style choice and a side of fresh fruit. Prices were reasonable and they staff was super friendly. The mimosa's were flowing and the weather on the patio was perfect.
    The title says it all, Quick service and healthy options. I have been coming to this place for years and it never disappoints. Watch out for the aggressive birds on the patio.
    Excellent omelettes for breakfast, particularly the Californian, but all of them are great. I had the special, steak with eggs, and it was really good. Very friendly service! Highly recommended
    Great and convenient location for travelers, offering a decent breakfast. I highly recommend the oatmeal here over Starbucks anyday.
    Stopped in to grab dinner and a drink before a show at Moody Theater. They have a good selection for it being known more as a coffee shop so I recommend folks check out their menu. Love that they serve breakfast all day....I had french toast for dinner. Yum!
    I was on my way back from the river trying to get a picture of the sunset when I came across this place to eat. The Fajita Chicken tacos were fresh and very good. The salsa for the chips was good also. But I have one problem so far in visiting Austin. Every place keeps pushing there fresh menu's but I have yet to get fresh Tortilla chips? I can get them in most super markets?
    We are big fans of the breakfast at all 3 Austin Java’s in Austin. Late week I went to the one on 2nd street and was very disappointed in the service and the food. When I ordered my breakfast I ask for ice tea the woman told me they did not have any iced tea today. I ask do you have hot tea and I was told that they did in fact have hot tea. So I ask for 2 cups of hot tea and a glass of ice. She actually told me “they do not do that”. So naturally I ask why and was answered “we don’t do that”. I was in a hurry so I just let it go and got water usually I would ask for a manager but no time to fight. I ordered the breakfast quesadilla which turned out to be runny, terrible taste; tortillas were way over cooked and had patches that were burnt. I won’t be going back to that location.
    This place offered both indoor and outdoor dining. It was very busy but the staff got out meals out efficiently. we had a wonderful turkey sandwich and enjoyed the opportunity to sit outside and people watch
    This is a neat little corner restaurant on 2nd street. Has some nice views. Food is good, nothing really great or amazing about it. Service is fast and staff is friendly.
    I had a great breakfast with the best coffee so far on our travel and a spicy omlette. My family were not so impressed: a smoothly was so thick it had to be spooned as the straw did not work, mixed plate orders arrived separately: for example eggs on one plate, bacon on another. It was probably just a bad day. Nice location. I would give it 3 1/2 stars if such existed. If local to this I would try it again, otherwise I would not go out of my way.
    Was in town for a convention but wanted to try local fare but also not break my wallet. We found Austin Java while walking around and noticed that the menu had a variety and that breakfast was served all day. We tried the Fajita Tacos that came with chips and salsa. You order at the counter and they bring the meal to you. I was disappointed to not have Sweet Tea, but oh well. The tacos were wonderful. The meat was tender and so favorful. The salsa was fresh, but the chips might have been made that morning. Not as fresh as I have had at other establishments, but it would not deter me from enjoying my meal. They also have burgers, sandwichs, pasta, salads and breakfast (but breakfast burritos, and the like besides the traditional). It is a great place to go and not break the bank like most of the other options nearby.

Similar places people viewed in Austin

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods