DeSano Pizza

Italian Restaurant

DeSano Pizza14.5
pizza • cannoli • meatballs • pies

115 16th Ave S
Nashville, TN 37203, US

DeSano Pizza has 21 Tips

Closest to authentic in TN; ingredients imported from Italy; mozzarella flown in weekly from southern Italy; byob / no corking fee
    Pizza was amazing. Very big inside. Order your pizza then go set down. Parking is very limited. Full bar.
    First, you're not going to just stumble upon DeSano's. it's off on a side street and tucked into an alley. Once you walk in, it's still not that inviting. BUT... You order one of their hand made, wood fired pizzas and the taste wins the day! I chose the Margarita Pizza. It was light, the sauce was delicious, the cheese could have been home made. And it was topped with fresh basil. I only intended on eating one or two of the slices. Nope. Ate the entire 11 inch pie. And loved it. This place is a hidden gem. Find it!
    A friend and I are visiting from Texas, and we were told we had to try this place because it has the best pizza. The recommendation was spot on! This place was AMAZING!! The pizza is delicious, and the staff is so friendly! I love this place! Will definitely be back when I am in Nashville again!
    This restaurant was on a list of restaurants recommended to us by friends that knew we were coming into town. After driving 4 hours , we were tired & hungry. The concierge of our hotel was a jolly Italian that also recommended DeSano's pizza. Oh my!!! I love pizza so I am picky but this was one of the best pies I have ever put in my mouth!!!! You must stop here!! Prices were reasonable, casual atmosphere. Serves wine & any beer you can think of. Oh and yummy desserts!
    Parking was rough. The lot was small and there wasn't enough parking. Also as a first timer, I was confused by the bar v restaurant and where to order food etc. Other than that, my pizza was excellent. My wife and I shared a small which was enough food for us. It was fun seeing the pizzas come out of the oven and right to your table. It was speedy also. I have a new pizza place in Nashville Good Set up for kids. They can make lots of noise and not bother everyone
    An interesting place in that you walk in, place your order, and then go find a table and they will bring your pizza to you when it is ready. The place is very casual, the pizza was very good, and they definitely do a good business. Seating is a bit family style at some of the larger tables, and it is a bit loud, but still good food at a reasonable price.
    The pizza is huge, the crust bubbly crispy chewy and delicious!!! We very much enjoyed their pizza! ...Staff...Not super friendly and rolled her eyes when I asked questions about the menu items.. maybe just a bad day :/ we are all human! But...As humans, very curious...And I didn't get many questions answered :( Cannolis were delicious also
    We walked over to this unpretentious pizza joint for dinner one night. Was so glad we did! Very informal and got to watch the process from order taking to table delivery. Much fun and great pizza. Highly recommend.
    The place was packed when my family arrived. Thankfully some members had saved seats. Orders are placed at the counter when people first walk in the door. The seating area is family style. The wait wasn't long (other tables waits were). The cook staff were making pizzas as fast as they could put them in the oven. We got a variety of pizzas and all were amazing! I probably could have eaten 20 slices! The crust was crisp and the ingredients were extremely fresh. Highly recommend this establishment. If I am ever in Nashville again, I will stop back in.
    It really deserves 5 points, 5 stars. But the service... man! Maybe it was the time of the day... maybe it was the time of the month... Maybe their team has lost the championship... maybe they just did not care. Still, the pizza is heaven. Heaven of cheese, perfect dough, celestial sausage, divine garlic and parmesan, angelic tomato sauce. EVERYTHING was perfect. That first pizza was from another world. After the first pizza we could not stay put. We needed another one. So the first was a sausage pizza. The second one was something with artichokes, ‘n stuff. I have to say, maybe the oven was not hot enough but the second one was different. Still angels made it, but was not as cooked to perfection as the first one. Ok maybe De Sanos deserves 5 stars... They can treat me bad still I would return. It is that good. Nah, 4 stars it is.
    Don't judge the pizza by the outside of the place. We actually started walking away because it looks like a little hole in the wall from the outside. Inside you will order your pizza then go sit in the communal dining room where you can watch the pizzas being made. It is quite entertaining watching them toss the pizza dough in the air!! Hubby and I tried the Neapolitan pizza. It was delicious!! The 11 inch size was perfect for the two of us. We also had a bottle of their Montepulciano wine which was also very good. Their pizza is a little pricey but the wine was about what we've found elsewhere. Up by the pizza ovens is a variety of dipping sauces. These were very good too. Be warned that the red one is very HOT! It was very busy on a Friday evening but we found a place to sit and our pizza came out really fast! There is a bar next door but when we checked it out it was pretty dead. All the action was over in the pizza place. We
    My husband and I stopped in on our way thru Nashville and we were not disappointed! I ordered the Bianca pizza and it was fantastic. During the cooking process my pizza apparently broke apart. The pizza makers pieced it together and brought it out to me along with a whole new pizza as well, which I greatly appreciated even though the broken one still looked fine. Delicious, delicious, delicious. We will no doubt come back!
    We were on vacation our last night and this place was close to Music Row and Vanderbilt. You order as you walk in and pick out your beverage and pay. They have a decent beer selection. The pizza came in about 10 minutes. The dining room has long tables to share with others. You get to watch the whole pizza making process right in the dining room! They give kids dough to play with while you wzit. The pizza was very good napoleon pizza the igridients are all fresh and they grate their own parmesean.
    The people I were with had been here before. They said it was really good. They were right!!! Great and fun atmosphere. The staff were awesome. The gentleman that took our order was very helpful and friendly. The food was great.
    I went to DeSano's last night for pizza. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted by Clay, who took our order. This young man went above & beyond - he truly made our night! We spoke with a manager named Andrew (I believe) to tell him what a stellar employee he had in Clay. Hoping he gets some recognition. In addition to his great service, everyone else was very nice as well. Most importantly, the pizza was so delicious. I LOVE pizza and will most definitely come back when I'm in Nashville again. Do yourself a favor - go to DeSano's!
    There pizza is a very different style from the typical chain pizza. It was a little more expensive than what you pay for with regular pizza. But this was not regular pizza and you could they used higher quality ingredients. However, I did not like that you had to buy bottled soda or water to get a drink as you did get refills due to this.
    Stopped here after a long day sightseeing with our infant daughter. Enjoyed the open seating and open kitchen. Had a very relaxed vibe with a mix of families and younger folks. My husband and I enjoyed our calzones - I had the cheese and he went for the meats. Also nice that wine and beer are available.
    It was fun to watch the guys making the pizzas, BUT my pizza lacked flavor and the crust was undercooked.
    I have lived in Nashville for 17 years and my cravings for this place never changes. So so incredibly fresh, the salads are wonderful and you can bring your own bottles of wine! You cannot skip this place if you are visiting or new to Nashville
    I'm a huge Pizza person and this was absolutely some of the best pizza I've ever had. We got a Margherita, a pepperoni and the DeSano. The pepperoni was my fave. We didn't leave a crum. Super fun watching the pizzas being made as we waited as well. Love how the whole dining area is open. The bar area is very big and cool too. Both are connected through a little hallway. We all thought about coming back the next night, but forced ourselves to venture out. A lot of TV's too!

Similar places people viewed in Nashville

Browse Italian Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods