Wall Drug Cafe

Cafe

Wall Drug Cafe13.5
donuts • ice cream • pie • cent coffee

510 Main St
Wall, SD 57790, US

Wall Drug Cafe has 21 Tips

Free donuts for active duty and veterans!!!
    16 days ago
    If you need souvenirs from the area and have time to grab a bite to eat, then this is your place. Every corner you turn there is something different. If you have a hard to buy for person in mind then you can find something for them here. Each section appears to be owned and run by different proprietors so don’t take unpaid for merchandise from one section to another section. A really cool, fun, eclectic store. Have fun.
    21 days ago
    My husband and I ended up in Wall, SD after a long ride from Williston ND. We stayed at the Best Western in Wall and had breakfast at Wall Drugs and had eggs and pancakes. I have to say that was the best pancakes I have ever had!!! I also had a maple donut that was delicious. My husband enjoyed looking at all the old pictures and things on the walls. And I enjoyed going in all the different shops. I recommend going here to anyone but be sure you have enough time to browse.
    22 days ago
    Small but great place to eat and visit. Busy but service was fast . and food was excellent. Surrounded by several stores that will keep you shopping til you drop and want to eat again.
    25 days ago
    I was a vegetarian at the time and there were no entree options for vegetarians, however, my kids liked the food and it was affordable. Plus, Wall Drug is just a cool spot to see anyway. If you go there, you MUST try their made from scratch maple donuts. Not a maple fan? They have chocolate and vanilla too. Made from scratch, cooked to order deliciousness!
    a month ago
    Just a poor, expensive place to eat, that make mediocre salad, dirty eating areas, and just, a poor place to eat!
    a month ago
    While visiting Wall Drug, we ate our lunches, which were served fast and food was plentiful sized portions. The lunchroom décor goes on and on and is quite amazing.
    a month ago
    Stopped by for quick breakfast of eggs, potatoes and sausage. Friendly staff and food was quick too. Excellent food and very tasty. Don't forget the free ice water!
    a month ago
    Luckily we arrived in a car before the bus load of travelers and were able to enjoy our ice cream before the whole restraurant was full of a line of people waiting to order before their bus was ready to leave. Be sure to stop early in the afternoon for ice cream that is supposed to be hand made, other wise the choices are very slim, Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry. I'm not sure about the handmade varieties, but we arrived late in the day and the lady serving the ice cream told us she was closing and we would have the three choices from the store cafe. :(
    a month ago
    It is straight out of the 1960's. Any souvenir you want is here. We thought the ice cream soda's were delicious. We loved walking around and seeing all the spaces. Many items were even made here in USA.
    a month ago
    This is a fun place to stop and visit. There is a lot to do with good eats.... ya'll guna like its hear...lol No seriously this is one of the finest eats here in Wall and I hope you enjoy it and have a fun time... We did
    a month ago
    We stopped here after driving through the Badlands for a quick break. We had the 5 cent coffee and donuts which were good. On our trip back to Sioux Falls we stopped for lunch which was ok at best. An interesting place but only worth one stop.
    Our meal is the only redeeming thing about stopping at Wall Drug. This made the time spent there not a comete waste. It was delicious!
    Hamburger and hot dog, one order of fries and two soda's was $28. Yes, its a trap! But everyone knows this.
    On a recent trip to South Dakota, we decided we had to stop, eat and shop at Wall Drug. We ordered the hot beef sandwich, a grilled chicken sandwich, a bison burger, a soda, and three donuts. The total was close to $50, so don't think this is a cheap place to eat. The food wasn't anything too spectacular. It was double the cost of McDonald's, and only slightly better quality. The walls are covered with Western art and the seats were full of people. The free ice water that made the place famous comes in really tiny cups, so grab a few of them or sit where you can easily get a refill. The best part of our meal was the donuts. We ordered one of each of the frosted kind, a chocolate, vanilla and maple. The maple was the best hands down and we wish we would have ordered three of them. Back behind the jackalope statue there is another restaurant that serves hot dogs, chicken tenders and pizza. Their prices seemed a little more reasonable.
    We had the five cent coffee and maple donut on one visit. The donuts are very good!! Another time we did have dinner here and it was very good.
    Friends told us we had to go to Wall Drug on our trip to Badlands. Sorry, that I listened. I would skip it, if I was doing over again. You order at a counter. My husband and I split a ham sandwich and he had a cherry pie. Food was ok.
    Okay, if you have to... after 53 signs aong I-90 it's hard not to look into this touristy behemoth. 5 cent coffee ( .70 for Folgers decaf) free Ice water in 3 oz cups and room after room of nonessential "stuff." And this is listed under "cafe?"
    I upgraded from 2 stars. This place is toxically touristy, but it's like a giant magnet and you almost have to walk through and gawk at it. I upped my start count because they actually have several shops with useful stuff in it beyond the tourist crap - boots, leather, camping supplies, knives. Still, get in, get out, and go see something real.
    A must stop !! Over 100 signs on Rt 90 , eastbound, telling you to stop !! You stop !! The picture attached is me sitting with one of local gals.
    The line is long, and the menu limited. However, they have it down to a science and the food is ready to be picked up at the counter fairly quickly. I had the chicken sandwich and onion rings. Very good! And of course I had the free water and he had the 5 cent coffee.

Similar places people viewed in Wall

• Badlands Saloon and Grille