Photo of Berry's Seafood Express Market in North Myrtle Beach, SC, US

Berry's Seafood Express Market14.5
fresh seafood • hush puppies • scallops • fries

1122 Sea Mountain Hwy
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582, US

Berry's Seafood Express Market has 21 Tips

Great fresh seafood
    We love this seafood market. The Floundee is great. They will even cook it for u there. Every one is friendly
    We ordered a small seafood boil for 4 - 6 people, but could actually feed about 8 adults. It was delicious...call ahead to order since it takes about an hour for them to prepare it.
    My goodness this place is awesome!!! The people that work there are very helpful and friendly. We ordered shrimp, crab cakes, soft shell crab, fries, hushpuppies and slaw. It was cooked to perfection! We loved it so much we went back the next night for more!!!
    We've visited Berry's before and have always enjoyed their seafood which we prepare ourselves. My in-laws vacationed with us this time so we purchased scallops since they love them. I'll admit my husband may not have prepared them "correctly" as he didn't sear them he browned them but a few tasted like ammonia. My mother in law tried one and literally couldn't swallow it. I returned the cooked scallops per the owners request and she demeaned me to the point that I was almost in tears. I wasn't blaming her for the few scallops that tasted bad but she took it very personally. She had her "chef of 30-years" sear 6 of them to take back to our condo so my family would know what they were supposed to taste like. They ended up being very good. My complaint is how I was treated as a customer and person. In my younger years I was a server in a few different places and from time to time some one would get a bad something which was no one's fault. Never once did I demean the customer telling them we only order the best seafood, beef, chicken, etc. how dare you tell me it's not good. Her treatment of me ruined my whole night. 😢
    There was a party of 7 of us.. We were there 2 nights ago and we are going back again before we leave. We had fried shrimp, blackened swordfish, fried cod, blackened snapper, black bass , and mahi mahi. We also had the hush puppies w/ orange butter was to die for! We are from FL and we know our fish and everything was very fresh. People there were very nice.. Seating is limited, but it didn't deter us. It's good eats!
    Didn't sit down and eat, but simply called in a to go order. Picked it up, and brought back to the room. I ordered my snapper blackened... It was blackened alright! Straight burnt! They had the correct seasoning on the fish, but they needed to change their cooking oil, all you could taste was burnt oil. The hush puppies were bland and doughy. Seriously doubt I will ever go back.
    Stopped by to pick-up some steamed shrimp to go and was not overly impressed with the experience. The staff was not that friendly and the shrimp was steamed a little to long.
    Stopped at Berry's today for some seafood. The prices are much higher then the seafood store next to it. The service is also non existent . The owner is very grumpy and even told me to shop at her competitors.I would advise you to not shop there, you will NOT feel welcome.
    I've been hearing about Berry's for some time now. I see why. Appearance isn't everything, folks. You walk in and will probably second guess your decision. It's ok, keep walking to the back. Take a look at their selection. Mind=Blown. They've got everything. We settled (because there was seriously so much to choose from) on boiled shrimp with medium Old Bay seasoning, deep fried scallops, and a few deep fried oysters. I'm glad granny wasn't there because this was so good it'll make you slap her (sorry Granny, I really wouldn't)!! Grab a cold can drink and make sure the paper towels are full and you'll be set to go. Grab a to-go box because you'll definitely want to eat it again later! Plus, they gave me a free koozie on the way out the door!
    Not fancy. Little hole in the wall market, but we loved the seafood. No ambience, just good food. Suggest the grouper. I got mine spicy. My son loves the sautéed shrimp. The hush puppies are large.
    Barrys is the BEST, seafood, value, friendly service, key lime pie, yum yum sauce. Don't go anywhere else for seafood. Eat in,carry out. You Buy, they fry!!
    Food was very good and service was fast for as busy as they were. We got the fried shrimp dinner with slaw hush puppies and fries.
    The staff at Berry's is very helpful and friendly. We loved everything we had there! The drum fish, scallops, and hush puppies are wonderful! We came​ back for lunch a couple days later and the oyster sandwich was phenomenal!!
    Friendly staff. Great food. Wonderful dive! We had oyster sandwiches and just oysters. The oysters were large, full of flavor. Just awesome!
    The seafood does not appear to be or taste fresh. I have tried a few times but it is not acceptable food. I love seafood and when you buy it from a specialty seafood market it should be extra fresh. Please figure out how to fix this problem because I love the feel when you walk in the door.
    Had grilled scallop basket that was some of the best I've EVER had! All four people in our party had great food. We chose crab cakes (filled with crab) that were delicious. Grilled shrimp cooked to perfection. Try the yum yum sauce as well as the cocktail,sauce. We dined in and it was fun to watch people come in and see what they took home to eat. You choose fresh seafood and they prepare it for you.
    Was exhausted from a move and ran into Berry's for a fast dinner to take home. Perfect idea! I had grilled grouper which was grilled to perfection. French fries, slaw and hush puppies come with your dinner. The owner and staff are very friendly and very helpful with suggestions. So happy this is so close to my new home. I plan on being here often.
    Yeah I never had fried corn before, but it was pretty good. Staff were friendly and we didn't even make it back to the hotel. Decided to eat at the picnic table outside. Great food, recommend the crayfish, and fried scallops.
    If you want to cook it yourself or have it cooked for you Berry's Seafood is the choice for freshness and value. The place is clean, the shelves have a variety of interesting products, and the personnel are informative and friendly. The take-out portions are generous. Why go to a high price seafood restaurant when going to Berry's could be the better choice?
    The best food and employees. Always willing to spend a little extra time with the folks from up north

Similar places people viewed in North Myrtle Beach