Photo of Moon Dancer Winery in Wrightsville, PA, US

Moon Dancer Winery

Tourist Attraction

susquehanna river • sipping wine • relaxing afternoon • flatbread

1282 Klines Run Road
Wrightsville, PA 17368, US

Moon Dancer Winery has 20 Tips

First time visiting. The ladies pouring couldn't have been nicer. They made some suggestions for our wine choices and offered samples. The blueberry wine and wine slushes were good. The margherita pizza was good too except it was missing the basil that was suppose to be on it. However very disappointed that they didn't have any craft beers, moscato or ciders as advertised on their website. I would suggest calling before taking the trip to the middle of nowhere. View was gorgeous though. Would venture back when they had beers and ciders.
    $25 to get in. Does not include anything, just the right to go in. Insufficient parking, no parking attendants. Unprepared for the crowd. We waited in traffic for an hour to get in. Take a 4 - wheel drive vehicle. Insufficient bathrooms for the size of the crowd. Mediocre wine. Beer $5 per cup. Glad we packed a picnic. Would not go again.
    We spent three weeks touring the wineries in the Northeast. Staring in Erie then through the Finger Lakes and finishing at Moon Dancer Winery in Pennsylvania. Moon Dancer was great with a beautiful view of the valley and river. A little challenging to find but once we were there we found the location worth the drive. A nice selection of wines with pizza and cheese, we spent four hours relaxing and listening to music. When in Lancaster area this is a must location to visit.
    We visited friends in Dallastown, PA and they took us to do some wine tasting at Moon Dancer. The wine was excellent as was the view. They also had live music which added to the setting on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
    I haven't been here for several years, but we were in the area and I suggested we should stop. We purchased a bottle of their Cabernet Franc and took it out to the patio to drink, it was a very pleasant afternoon even in spite of the brief shower, we were at a table with an umbrella so it really didn't hamper the mood. We both really enjoyed the wine as well as the great view of the Susquehanna River from their patio. The winery has changed quite a bit since my last visit, as they now make ciders as well and serve some food items, also have many more table and sell wine buy the glass to drink there.
    Moon Dancer is a great location and has some tasty wines there. After a few hours of kayaking we stopped in there to split a bottle of wine and get some of the wood oven pizza. We went with their Chardonnay since it was a hot day and sat outside on the patio to listen to the live entertainment. It was a guy who sang in the spirit of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan and he was certainly a great entertainer. We got the bacon and pineapple pizza, which was really fantastic. The thing I like about Moon Dancer is that it offers great views and allows you to bring your own food there for a picnic. I even saw someone come in with their own canopy and set up on the lawn. Great place for large groups or just with your significant other.
    We went here for the first time this past Saturday and really wanted to try the Malibu Red wine and they said they were out of and had been out of it! Huh? How does that happen? We then tried the blush which was okay and the Watermelon wine which was great! We did try their pizza and it was terrible! The crust was so burnt that you couldn't eat it and the sauce was cheap with no taste. You can bring a cooler/outside food which is nice. It sits upon a hill and you have to go up a steep gravel and narrow drive to get there!
    We sampled several wines - like the Pinot Grigio and two of the reds. We purchased a bottle of the Pinot and loved sitting out on the deck looking out over the hills and river. Definitely worth stopping in.
    Excellent atmosphere, terrible wine. More like juice. I think they are getting by on looks. Can't say I'll go back.
    The owner is super nice They don't measure your wine 🍷 But they are nice enough to give you free cups of 🍷. The road is inconvenient for cars...not for trucks but I like that and I dont care. Jamaican festival (expensive)... but I still dont care i love been away from my city. I love going there to hide from the world. The area and place are beautiful... Rocky the 🐶 dog, is super sweet. The view is amazing 😉... for the rural area where is at. I cant complain. Love moon 🌙 dancer 💃.
    This is so unfortunate...and I would welcome dissenting opinions, if updated/valid ones exist. The location and facilities are beautiful. Overlooking the Susquehanna, away from traffic, hustle & bustle. Facilities are, at once, upscale and rustic. Sitting in the midst of a working vineyard is such a pleasant experience. Alas, the wines have never measured up. As many times as I've been there, hoping for some improvement, the wines have remained disappointing, acetonish. I've even resorted to putting palatable wines in THEIR bottles, just to spend a pleasant evening there, enjoying their otherwise beautiful environs and excellent entertainment . I understand that recently, they have started offering "sweet wines", in order to appeal to a different wine drinking demographic. Again, it's such a shame. I know the genesis of this establishment. And the funding was there to afford a competent vintner. I will try, yet again. This establishment deserves repeated examination. I urge any interested party to do the same.
    Beautiful atmosphere and views! We tried almost all of the pizzas and they were great. Wine was a little sweet for my taste but my friends loved the sweeter wines. Will definitely visit again!
    We visited here as part of the Cornucopia Wine Quest trail event. Beautiful setting. We enjoyed our sampling and the staff was so friendly and helpful. We especially liked their hard cider. We bought several bottles and plan on returning in the future to sit out on the patio and enjoying some food.
    Need an idea for a fun day? How about beginning with a kayak or stand-up paddleboard rental from Shank's Mare...or a hike on the Mason-Dixon Trail...then head to Moon Dancer for wine, beer, pizza, a friendly and relaxing atmosphere and a spectacular view. This is a perfect day around the Susquehanna River.
    We live near Moondancer. In the winter, from our place, we can see the sun setting through the windows of the winery. We always have a great time there. Once or twice a year they bring lobsters fresh from Maine , and they're always the best ever. The best glass of wine I ever had was after spending all day picking grapes in the vineyard. There's a lot of hard, complicated work involved. They now have Pennsylvania made beer, and hard cider. That's a good thing for us beer drinkers who live close enough to walk home.
    In my opinion, it was a very disappointing visit. Our trip up the dirt/gravel road was unmaintained. Lots of pits in the road. Entering the area where the vineyards grow, are horrible. Weeds everywhere. The area where there might be active grapes had rows and rows of weeds in between as well. The building inside was small. We paid 2$ per person to taste 5 wines. We ended up buying one bottle. Not a fan of their wines. The best thing the winery had going was a thin crust pizza. Ten inch pizza for 10$. We had a plain cheese pizza and it was good but perhaps overvalued by 2$. The view of the river was nice but limited. I asked the sever about all the weeds in the vineyards and got an answer that the owner is too busy due to other events. We were ok to have visited once but will not be a repeater as there are so many other places to visit.
    My experience was fair. The place was packed for a music festival. The bartenders just rushed us through. There was no talking about the wines. I ended up purchasing 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio and 2 of the Naked Chardonnay because they tasted sooo good. When I opened the Pinot Grigio at home, it was fizzy and tasted like it had gone bad. There was lots of sediment in the bottles and the wine looked cloudy. I have tried to contact the winery but their phone is no longer in service. I plan to drive up there and return the Pinot Grigio. I haven't opened the Chardonnay yet, but will do so before my 3 hour trip back there.
    We found out Moon Dancer Winery was having a lobster dinner so we decided to head over with friends. We were treated to an amazing meal, live music, and fantastic wine. The bartenders were very prompt and courteous and always ensured we were taken care of. The owner was very nice and personable. He came around and greeted many of the guests. If you haven't ever been here, put it on your list. It's a fantastic venue to watch live music.
    MonSon & S.T.O.R.M put on a phenomenal show last evening in Wrightsville, PA. This is our second year attending this venue. Another great experience.
    We were in town and searched winery in GPS. Fruit wine & sangria was great. There is beautiful outdoor seating with a beautiful view. The brick oven pizza was also absolutely delicious!

Similar places people viewed in Wrightsville