Photo of Matt & Marie's Logan Square in Philadelphia, PA, US

Matt & Marie's Logan Square14
bread • turkey sandwich • sandwiches • italian stallion

100 N 18th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103, US

Matt & Marie's Logan Square has 17 Tips

falafel Italiano
    We got bagle sandwiches for breakfast here. I felt mine was really plain with nothing special about it. I wish we had picked somewhere else to eat seeing as we were only in the city for a few days. Who has time to waste on food that isn't blowing your mind with how delicous it is? The staff were friendly enough.
    Bread is i think fresh every day the lunch meats are the finest and the hot peppers are real not that so so not aged these are sper and enjoyable go you will enjoy take a few home !!!!!!!!
    My take out chicken parmesan hero was of good size and decent meat portion, but was almost ice cold when I dug in maybe 5 minutes later. Tasted OK but minimal cheese.
    The roman cavalry sandwich is superb. I also tried the turkey, which was excellent. Right after I ordered, they announced they had run out of bread because they had catered a 500 sandwich order earlier. Try this place; you won't be disappointed.
    Les salades sont fraiches et saines. La sauce est mise à part ce qui permet de mettre soit même la quantité souhaité. La salle pour manger est lumineuse. Le service agréable.
    My husband got us carry out breakfast to eat at our hotel, a couple of breakfast sandwiches on bagels. They were average. Mine was on a tie-dyed bagel which I've never seen before so that's fun.
    This small business is an excellent choice for a quick and delicious lunch!!! My daughter lives near Matt and Marie's , and sent us over for a late lunch while we waited for her to get out of work!!! What a fantastic find!! Order up and take your seat!!! The staff was fabulous too!!!!
    Disappointed to note that they don't serve sandwiches until 11. Not much use if you want to pick something up for the day ahead; in our case for a train trip to DC. Wasted journey!
    Met a friend for lunch at the new location on 18th in Rittenhouse. Loved the décor and space. Plenty of seating upstairs to meet with friends. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I have a nut allergy which was very well addressed by the staff. The chef salad was one of the best I've had. It has Italian meats, as opposed to just ham/turkey. Everything was so fresh. not to mentioned priced well for the more high end area.
    A suitable place for eating on the go, with delicious sandwiches made of tasty bread and fresh constituents including arugula, Basel, oregano, and delicious dressings.They range from turkey and poultry to beef and bacon. I found the Uncle Gaeton's Turkey Sandwich especially delightful . I've already been to this place twice and intend to frequent this place whenever I'm in the mood for a convenient and delicious sandwich.
    My girlfriend and I finished up at the Philadelphia Zoo and wanted to walk around the city when we came across Matt and Marie's just as our stomachs started to rumble. There were a couple of people on line ahead of us, which gave me just enough time to decide on a sandwich. I chose the Italian Stallion and was very satisfied. The bakery bread, imported meats, freshly cut cheese, and homemade pickled peppers and onions made for quite the tasty bite. My girlfriend agreed after sneaking a couple of bites. She decided on the turkey sandwich, the name I don't remember, but she enjoyed it very much as well. All in all, the service was quick and accommodating, and we had a nice lunch. We will definitely be back whenever we find ourselves hungry in the city.
    Super friendly staff make your sandwich to order. Sandwich board sports 3 or 4 special sandwiches such as turkey caprese with garlic aoili, and the like. Very fast service, seating for 20 diners or so. Good selection of soft drinks and other bottled products. Did I mention the staff is super friendly? They are. Heartier sandwiches than your typical place, definitely more so than Wawa around the corner. You pay a little more but it's a break from the ordinary.
    Stopped by here for dinner - wanted to get away from my conference hotel. The sandwich I had was excellent with fresh ingredients and unexpected and interesting combinations. I met the owner and she was very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely go back to try some other menu options.
    The owners of this new sandwich shop brought some samples to our apartment building in the neighborhood. The food was good and a few evenings later we decided not to cook and to order something. We remembered this place and thought it would be nice to give them some business. Big mistake. We looked at the menu which they had left behind for the residents of our building and phoned them to order. It was around 5.30pm. We wanted the soup and sandwich combos, but we're told by the person who took the order that they were out of soup. Hmm....out off soup? Ok. Then we ordered a salad that included chicken (as stated on their printed menu) and a hot pastrami sandwich. My husband told the person that we would pick up the order since we lived nearby. When he got there, he was given the order and informed that the chicken in the salad was "optional" and cost an "extra $2.50." As it was already made up without the chicken, he just took it and brought the order home. When he arrived, we saw that in spite of not getting the "optional" chicken, we had been charged for it! The salad was not even the size of an appetizer and thrown together in a box. When we unwrapped the sandwich, it was not heated (as stated in the description in their menu) and there were only two thin strips of pastrami on the roll! All of this for almost $20! Were they kidding? We called back and complained about being charged for the non-existent chicken and the person apologized and said he would refund the $2.50. Seriously? There are too many options in CC to waste time and money at this place. Don't get burned like we did! There is a WaWa around the corner that does a much better job! Dont expect this place to be around long.
    Staff are welcoming and they have unique recipes, like a small sort of breakfast cake made of scrambled eggs and other things. Would definitely come back if visiting Philly.
    I happened to stumble by this place on my way to my hotel, and I am so glad that I did! It was opening day, and the place was just buzzing with excitement. I got to meet both Matt and Marie, who were both super energetic, friendly, and welcoming. I ordered the "Uncle Guy's Turkey" which had soft but crunchy bread, delicious turkey, crispy but not too crispy pancetta, a housemade garlic aioli, and some lettuce. It was just delicious. In the "Rocky" spirit, my friend got the Italian Stallion, which I tried a bite of- simply divine! A crazy combination of cured meats, with fresh, simple ingredients made for an incredible food experience. I whole-heartedly recommend this place to any food lover. The line moved quickly, the service was great, the decor is on point. There is room for seating, but on a nice day we chose to keep walking another two blocks to the fountain and eat there, which was lovely. Oh, don't miss out on the poppers! Red pepper (a bit spicy) stuffed with goat cheese and deliciousness! Amazing!

Similar places people viewed in Philadelphia

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods