Photo of L'Angolo Ristorante Italiano in Philadelphia, PA, US

L'Angolo Ristorante Italiano

Restaurant

grilled calamari • seafood • pappardelle • salads

1415 W Porter St
Philadelphia, PA 19145, US

L'Angolo Ristorante Italiano has 20 Tips

This is my go-to place whenever I'm in Philadelphia. It's small, intimate and the food is really delicious. The wait staff is friendly, efficient and goes out of their way to make sure you enjoyed your experience. If I have time for only one dinner in Philly, this is it!
    Great food! Fabulous atmosphere. The seafood was particularly delightful. The butternut squash ravioli was amazing. The cheese cake and cannolis were so tasty!! Will definitely go back!!!
    It's a favorite that we don't get to visit as much as we would like - but we are treated like regulars every time we visit. The service from John and the entire staff is so welcoming. The food is amazing - portion size just right, flavors complex and delicious. Creativity even with the standards is excellent - and being Italian, it's hard to please us with any style of Italian cooking! Being a BYOB is a plus - and to make is a very special evening, the complimentary Lemon-cello makes everything just relaxing and perfect. Don't miss this experience - casual but elegant - you will think about the food for days and tell everyone you meet! Grazie!
    We were here several times a few years ago. The food is just not what it was. I had the special pasta of the day and the sauce was thick and gluey and pretty tasteless.
    Like being in Italy! Pasta to die for!! Love it for a quick lunch or quiet dinner. Staff is from Italy and willing to please whatever you would like that is not on the menu. It's a hidden gem on a tiny corner, as it's name states.
    The food at L'Angolo is delicious every time we go. Great menu selections, but not too many. What that team does, they do very well. Great staff, friendly atmosphere, BYOB.
    Had dinner reservations for 2. Stuck in a corner. 1 guest had back to the wall and I was touching the chair behind me. Most uncomfortable restaurant I have ever been in. This was not the first time I experienced this problem, but it will be the last. Head waiter, or maybe he's the owner, is ignorant, rude and sarcastic. I don't know how he keeps the customers that he has, it surely isn't his personality. To boot, the food isn't even that good. Cold most of the time. There are many other restaurants I can spend my money in.
    This is my favorite restaurant in Philly. The food is incredible and many specials to consider. The standard fare is always fantastic. Very friendly service and a warm atmosphere. Doesn't get better than this.
    L'Angolo is a restaurant I can't get enough of. Wish I had multiple stomachs to sample more dishes than I have. Their seafood is outstanding as are all their homemade pasta dishes. The salads are to die for. Add to all this excellent and extremely friendly service and you have a real winner. It's my favorite Philly go-back-to!!
    My wife and I had dinner last week at L'Angolo in South Philly. The food and service were outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant for fine Italian food.
    After many wonderful dinners here, we went recently with another couple (first timers) and were over-all disappointed with our meals. Our appetizers, Caesar salad and mussels were excellent. Two veal dishes were described as tough and tasteless. A breaded pork medallion meal was described as fair. A seared tuna dinner looked horrible as presented (everything piled on the plate}, but the actual food was very good. The service as usual was pleasant and excellent. Because of our previous satisfaction with the food we will probably give it another try,
    Excellent dinner on Saturday night in South Philly. Reminded me of my visits to Italy and its restaurants - small, loud, fun, authentic (real Italian) wait staff, and fantastic food! First, the atmosphere is pure South Philly: a renovated row house that seats about 30-40, where you raise your voice to hear each other. But it's fun! It's a BYOB, so carry what you need. As for the food, the off-menu artichokes are a must as appetizers. My wife is hard-to-please, but loved the cavatelli as her entre. I'm a tough grader too, but loved the seared tuna. Parking is easy if you park on Broad Street and walk 50 feet to the restaurant. So getting to and from is easy. Finally, make the reservation well in advance. We'll be visiting again, I can assure you.
    Tried L'Angolo last night with some S. Philly friends and left smiling. Although the restaurant is small, the food was DELICIOUS and the servers were attentive. Its a BYOB which we also love. Wish we had saved room for dessert as they looked good, but were too full from our meals. Will be sure to save some room and try a dessert the next visit.
    Been coming to this restaurant for years. Consistently good food and service. The lobster ravioli (home made) is the best. Its also a BYOB.
    What a great little spot. If you've never been to Italy, have a meal here and you've been there. Very authentic. Items on the menu I've not seen elsewhere or at least not to that quality. A "can't miss spot". Tiny... Prep in the front of the house but don't be fooled. Not much atomosphere but you won't even notice.
    This is what you call awesome Italian food like the old world food of Italy well worth the trip and to top it off exquisite desert selection And good expresso and cappuccino you will not regret your dining experience we enjoyed the all dinner salute Mangia been
    L'angolo is one of my favorite restaurants. It is small and cozy, and the staff are always warm and accommodating. The owners, Davide and Kathryn, have created a top-notch restaurant in South Philly. The food never fails to disappoint, and the prices are reasonable. I look forward to the fall when the homemade butternut squash raviolis are available. They are my favorite. Although I am not a cheesecake lover, I am addicted to Kathryn's cheesecake, which is made with mascarpone cheese. You must leave room after dinner to savor this delicious dessert. Make sure you have a reservation, as the restaurant is usually busy. Don't miss dining at this wonderful Italian restaurant.
    We have been to L'Angolo on several occasions and have loved it every time. It is a very intimate and lovely place, the decor reminiscent of small cafes in Italy. The waiters are charming and efficient and the food has been excellent every time - savory Italian comfort food.
    What a delight having L'Angolo open a restaurant in Havertown! Make a reservation as it is always busy. Every dish on the menu is a must try. Best BYOB in the area. And, very reasonably priced.
    Was looking for a cozy and high quality dinner before a Wells Fargo center event- and we found it. Great service, food, and atmosphere. Awesome.

Similar places people viewed in Philadelphia

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods