Photo of Jerry's Bar - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA, US
Photo of Jerry's Bar - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA, US
Photo of Jerry's Bar - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA, US

Jerry's Bar - Philadelphia

Restaurant

brunch • burger • pork belly • eggs benedict

Jerry's Bar - Philadelphia has 20 Tips

Stopped in before a show at the Fillmore, about a five minute walk. What a gem! Bartender Steve was cool and they boast a fabulous selection of some of the finest PA craft beers. Good Happy Hour deals (4-6). $2 oysters. Nice menu, the enchiladas delivered a little heat & a little sweet, very tasty. Interested in trying the house made pierogis. They offer jazz brunch on weekends and the most beautiful Bloody Mary I’ve seen (it was pictured) but didn’t taste...I’ll surely make a return visit for that. Also met some nice folks. Thanks for a fun time!
    Burnt fish waited 25 min, no food yet in sight. Asked for a the 2nd cocktail bartender missed the lavender, asked for it to be added and he told me to back to my table and get my server , he was too busy!!!
    We had an absolutely amazing time at my son's First Holy Communion Brunch. It was held upstairs in our own private room and bar. The vibe of this place is very cool and the food was excellent. We started the with warm sticky buns and fresh fruit. The Greek salad was excellent and I loves the pulled pork sliders. I can not wait to go back.
    We stumbled upon Jerry's Bar in walking around the revitalized Northern Liberties area a few weeks ago. There are lots of bars/breweries in this downtown area, but Jerry's ended up being one of our favorites. The service was excellent, and we found that the menu contained some healthier choices for bar food (i.e. roasted brussels sprouts). The wings and burgers were great, and there was a good selection of beers and spirits. Look forward to stopping in again while visiting the area.
    Cool space and great go-to for a pre-show event at the Fillmore. If the place is crowded be sure to ask about sitting in the bar upstairs. Nice selection of beers and spirits. The food was excellent. Would definitely visit again.
    We found this amazing place before a Sting show at the Fillmore Philly. They had a great variety of original cocktails. The ones we tried were great. The food was also great, as well. We already have reservations (which are recommended) for a few weeks from now. Can't wait to go back. btw, Jerry's is also walking distance from the Sugarhouse casino.
    I took a group of 36 people to Philadelphia recently and chose Jerry's Bar because of its proximity to the religious shrine that was the object of our trip. Manager Mary Ann Lerro not only greeted us like we were family, but she had also prepared a buffet that had food for every taste -- all of it excellently prepared and in quantities to satisfy the biggest appetites. Service was fantastic, too: while several waitstaff took care of our group, Isaac (who waited on my table) and bartender Brian stand out -- though from the remarks of our folks on the three-hour motor coach trip home, everyone thought that their waiter/waitress was the best. For the record, we had braised ribs, chicken, vegetables, salad, mashed potatoes and cornbread -- I tasted everything and everything was great! Dessert was blueberry cobbler -- again, nothing short of fantastic. (Mary Ann was also awesome in arranging for space to be held for us in front of the restaurant so that we could park our motor coach!) Honestly, I can't think of a single thing that could have been better. And I look forward to getting back there again before too long!
    Our family of 12 had a marvelous special holiday event at Jerrys Bar Our dinner at Jerrys Bar was oue best holiday event ever. Having our own room with a menu prepared just for us was awesome. The holiday atmosphere in the room added to the enjoyment. Kyle and the staff that served us were outstanding. We can’t say enough about the attitude, service and attentiveness of the staff. There when need, unobtrusive when not. And the food! The duck rice was the hit and highlight of the evening for most of us. It’s a winner. The chicken was spectacular and just what we needed to please the broad range of palates at the table. All the other menu items were delicious. Everything tasted fresh and was served at just the right temperature. Kudos to the chef and the kitchen staff. You will be pleased with everything about Jerrys Bar.
    Went before a show at the Fillmore. Server was very nice. Food was just ok and pricey. Not alot to choose from. More liquor than food. Had the sweet potato gnocchi and everything fries. Our bill was 50$. Probably wouldn't go back just because they don't offer too many food choices and it's very small and dark. Service was excellent though.
    In for brunch with a large multi generation family and friends group. Great space, downstairs and up. Music very well done. Nice selection of draft beer. The spicy Bloody Mary was a hit for a few of us. Food very tasty with the burger, eggs Benedict, pecan bun and poached eggs and lox over potato latkes deserving special mention. Service a bit here-jerky including a very late arriving(and cold)sausage biscuits and gravy. They did comp that miss. Worth a return.
    I wanted to eat at another place which has been a favorite for years. After the rude response I got there from a 12 year old hostess we left and decided to see what Jerry's is like. I remember it being a dive bar years ago so I was surprised to see the building made over and it having a lot historical elements. The patio area is very nice and quiet. The music is at a level where you can still talk and hear each other. The cocktails were great but there were not a lot of food items to choose from. Our waitress was very friendly and very kind to my 4 year old. This is a good place for people with kids and a great place for a date. We will be back for Happy Hour or Brunch.
    Stopped in with my wife prior to a Sunday show at the Fillmore. Hip vibe with plenty of nooks and crannies. Friendly service and interesting menu. Loved the octopus and pork belly; large portions. Share some small plates and grab a couple of drinks and head to the show. It's a quick walk and definitely worth it.
    Multiple seating areas are really great - inside of the bar has a great vibe, the adjacent courtyard is very nice and chill, and then there's the upstairs section that overlooks the main bar. Food was excellent - a little pricey but when you roll the ambiance/atmosphere into it, it's worth it. Drinks were excellent. You don't need a ton of detail - plain and simple a hip spot for brunch and drinks. Definitely recommended.
    We were in Philly for the day and our first choice had no tables so we decided on Jerry's instead. We were not disappointed. It looked pretty full but from the moment we stepped in we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. Waiting staff were knowledgable and helpful and deserve more than 5 marking on here, they were just perfect. Two of us had pulled pork and one had Jerry's burger and sides of potato salad and green beans which were all good. Green beans had a tasty kick to them. But special mention for the cocktails. I had Apples 2 Oranges and The Bramble which were both delicious and had we had more time I would have tried some others. If you're looking for cheap eats this isn't for you. But if you're looking for good food, great cocktails (can't tell you about the beer as we didn't have it), fabulous service and a brilliant atmosphere then this is it.
    One of my go-to bars in my neighborhood. Food is good but the cocktails are even better. Can be a bit crowded on a Saturday night but overall chill environment.
    Stumbled upon this nice bar/restaurant when searching for place close to the new Fillmore Philadelphia. Classic gastropub fare, with modest selection of craft beers, very good whiskey's, etc.... Modest menu as well - but everything we tried was very good (pork belly, meatball app, brined wings). Very cool covered outdoor area as well. What is key is that this place is maybe a 3 minute walk from the Fillmore (just opened Oct 1, 2015), with parking for the Fillmore in between, under I95 - so mostly covered.
    My wife and I really wanted to like Jerry's. The room is beautifully done. Bright, clean, not too loud, kind of steam-punk retro...Casual and elegant at the same time. You could spend hours at the bar relaxing, drinking, eating, conversing...BUT you'd be let down by both the food and the prices. We went at happy hour. Nicely draft beers were discounted by $2.00 because most of them are $8.00 or more at regular prices. Excellent selection of esoteric microbrews, but at $9.00 a light, summery brew at 4.5% alcohol shouldn't be served in a 10 oz. goblet. Short pours are generally more appropriate for higher alcohol beers. Ok, we're in hip Northern Liberties, I'm not expecting a $3.00 pint of something special but a 10 oz. pour of a good microbrew discounted at happy hour still costs you $7.00? Steep prices guys. So with prices like this and such a pretty and inviting room, I'm expecting a pretty special experience. Nope. The menu focuses mainly on small plates and sandwiches with three entrees thrown in for those seeking dinner. We were informed by our bartender that on this particular evening two of the small plates were being discounted for happy hour. One being fried green tomatoes and the other a spicy rock shrimp lettuce wrap. So we ordered both. Both plates looked great, very nicely presented. BUT the tomatoes were essentially raw beneath their coating of cornmeal. Crunchy raw green tomatoes and a cornmeal coating that fell off as we ate them. The rock shrimp was portioned generously but tasted stale and old, not bad yet but far from fresh. The shrimp were also breaded but had been tossed in a siracha mayo that saturated the breading and caused it to lose any crispness and become soggy and wet. The lettuce wraps as a result were impossible to eat by hand as I assume they had intended and we were forced to hold them together like wet burritos until they completely fell apart. I liked the idea of both of these dishes and the presentation was great but they both fell short due to poor execution. Neither was terrible mind you but if we had paid the full menu price of $13.00 for the shrimp or $11.00 for the tomatoes I would have felt completely ripped off. These are $9.00 and $7.00 dishes at best. Four slices of nearly raw green tomato for $11.00? For shame. After these two small plates and one beer each we decided to move on for our dinner to one of the neighborhood's more established gastropubs where at least we know if we spend $13.00 on an appetizer it's going to be special and made with care. I'll go on to mention that our bartender who was pleasant and patient while we took our time selecting our beers became curt and silent after we asked for the tab after only having happy hour specials. The check was dropped and paid with no thank you's or goodbyes. Maybe I've been particularly hard on Jerry's with this review but as I said I wanted to like this place. They've got great potential here and they're shooting for the stars with a great room, an ambitious menu and even more ambitious prices. Now it's time to deliver the goods. Give us the experience that the room and the ambition lead us to believe lies within.
    Jerry's is a new addition that feels like it's been part to the neighorhood for years. Strong gastropub fare and good cocktails and slightly off the beaten path make for a fun atmostphere. Jazz brunch on Sunday is great, but leave the t-shirt and sweats at home.
    Chanced upon this funky restaurant tucked down a side street in North Philedelphia after a trip to the equally brilliant Harvest restaurant around the corner. Great food, tasty burgers, spicy salsas, good pizzas and a fun vibe. recommended
    This was my second visit and it was great again. The manager, Marianne, was wonderful. The food is a diverse mix. My wife ordered sushi and I had the BBQ brisket. Both were great. Beer list is exceptional. I love the patio seating.

Similar places people viewed in Philadelphia

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods