Union Station Grill

Restaurant

great service • nice atmosphere

Union Station Grill has 20 Tips

a month ago
    We has impecable service! Our server Chance was Awesome! Probably the best server we ever had! He even went out of his way to suggest places for us to visit while in Columbia PA. Food was reasonably priced and delicious! The drink menu is basic, could expand with seasonal cocktails ie. summer signature cocktails. I enjoyed the best battered fish and chips Yum!! Wish I had some right now!!
    a month ago
    Had a great dinner. I got the Cheeseburger and Fries, if you can't make a good burger and fries, don't bother with anything else. The fresh cut french fries were so good I finished them before the very good burger and no need for ketchup. My husband and cousin enjoyed their Cheesesteak and Beer Battered Fries. Was a nice surprise to find this beautiful place.
    When the restaurant we had originally intended to go to was closed, we looked on TripAdvisor and found Union Station Grill. It turned out to be a better choice. It's a neighborhood restaurant and not fancy, but the food was great. I had a crab cake sandwich and my companions had the small hamburgers (sliders). The crab cake had no filler and was delicious. I'm from Baltimore, so I know good crab cakes. My companions were impressed by the amount of meat on each "small" hamburger and each was pleased with the taste. There was only one waitress on duty the day we were there and the place was crowded. She was really hopping, but we never felt neglected. If we ever return to Columbia, we'll definitely return to the Union Station Grill.
    We drove through over the lunch hour and were very happy with food, service and prices! Nice patio for outside dining.
    We stopped here for lunch on our way to the Turkey Hill place. The food was delicious! It was a pleasant atmosphere and the service was fine.
    Stopped in on 8/15 food was excellent & Price was Great, appetizer sampler was more than enough for 2 & neer battered pretzels were excellent. Atmosphere was very nice as was the service. If your in the area & looking for nice pkace to go this is the place.
    The atmosphere is nice except for the occasional loud motorcycle. Food was excellent. We had the fried pickles, Union Reuben and the crab cake which looked fantastic. Always my go to place when meeting anyone from Lancaster and want to meet halfway between. Recommend highly...
    My family and I (9 of us) went here after the Turkey Hill Experience for lunch. The kids enjoyed their food and the portions were large. Some of us got their seafood soup which was very tasty. It didn't have too many pieces of seafood, but the base was delicious. The burgers were also a hit with the kids and adults as well.
    My husband and I stopped here with our kids to grab a bite to eat before we went to the Turkey Hill Experience. It's a quaint looking place inside and the bartender/waitress seemed to be taking care of everyone. She did a great job on checking in on us as needed. I would recommend the mozzarella sticks, cheesesteak egg rolls, soft pretzels, and their fries. The kids pizza left a lot to be desired- the sauce wasn't very flavorful but everything else was really good.
    Friendly and excellent service. The sliders are yummy and the fries are crispy. Nice atmosphere for friends to meet for drinks and food.
    We decided to try this place and was very surprised. Its a great little gem in the city ,we sat outside and enjoyed the atmosphere. The menu is normal for a bar and prices the same. But the food was all AMAZING from the steak/cheese egg rolls to the salads all freshly made. The USG burger was totally amazing and one of the best burgers I have had in the area.. I am definitely adding USG to my to go back to list..
    Wanted a beer and good sandwich in between antique shops. The Union Station delivered and exceeded our expectations. Good selection of beer on tap. We ordered the cheesteak egg rolls to start. Hot, crispy, great flavor. Served with marinara. A different/additional sauce might be better. My partner ordered the rueben and fries. The marbled rye was nice, wasn't soggy. I ordered the jerk chicken wrap with onion rings. It was fantastic! Loved the pineapple salsa on it and the red pepper aioli. Onion rings were tasty although slightly greasy. Service was good, even loved the XM satellite station they were playing. We had a great visit and will return.
    Half price appetizers on Monday night. Everything was great. Little gem in the town of Columbia! Try it out
    Some great local beers, friendly staff. Unassuming atmosphere, usually pretty busy. Menu ok. Don't recall a vegetarian option.
    We tried this out based on a web search and it was pretty good. The seafood soup was amazing and our sandwiches were generous sizes and well prepared. My only gripe is the house drafts were six bucks a piece...that's a little pricey for a pint of beer. Overall, we enjoyed our time there, I wish more neighborhoods had places like this.
    We ordered the steak and shrimp special. The steak was wonderful. The fried shrimp was okay. The portions were big most people took home a box. I would highly recommend this resturant.
    Ben and Mrs Too decided to have lunch in Columbia on our way to Lancaster this trip, and selected Union Station Grill from TripAdvisor listings. The restaurant was easy to find, located on an attractive corner lot. Ben ordered his usual old fashion and a sandwich appearing on the menu as a Red Eye, a combination of thin sliced roast beef, onion straws, melted Swiss cheese, and horseradish sauce on a country roll. She had iced tea and three mini-burgers. Our server, Heaven (sic), took down the orders, briefed Ben on the Red Eye, and in very quick order, served our lunches. Both of us enjoyed our lunches very much. This is mainly a locals’ sports bar, the sort of place where everyone knows everyone else. On a Sunday afternoon, the bar was pretty well full with patrons watching one of two or three football games on the battery of television receivers mounted around the lounge area. The striking logo of the streamlined locomotive was painted, stenciled, or etched profusely about, and the general impression of America at leisure was unmistakable. We left in a relaxed and sated mood, promising each other to dine here again on another trip.
    There's no reason not to rate this with 5 stars. The atmosphere, service and food were outstanding. Would love to return for a couple of cold ones. My colleague and I visited for lunch. He had the Reuben while I had the Havana with a side salad. The Havana was similar to what we know as a Cuban Sandwich with ham, pork, pickle on a toasted bread. Our server was very attentive and friendly.
    A friend recommended this restaurant to me so my wife and I decided to go. I'm so glad that we did. Their burgers are fantastic. They were cooked as we ordered. They were very delicious. They have a great bar as well.
    The help is friendly and welcoming. You feel like you are at the neighbor's back yard for a cookout...except that the cooking here is a lot better than what my neighbors can do!

Similar places people viewed in Columbia

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods