Photo of Vivienne Kitchen & Pantry in Portland, OR, US

Restaurant

Vivienne Kitchen & Pantry14.5

4128 North East Sandy Boulevard
Portland, OR 97212, US

Vivienne Kitchen & Pantry has 6 Tips

Good for breakfast, brunch, and lunch. More: bit.ly/2vysdsm
    China cups that I could look at forever. Cloth napkins. A small, but intriguing menu for both breakfast and lunch. Counter service, not table service. two rooms, one slightly larger than the other for seating. Busy Sandy Blvd right outside. Very tasty food. Modest portions. Not crowded as of yet. We could sit there and talk and talk for breakfast and not feel as if we were taking up valuable space. We went on a Wednesday morning. I'll be back for sure. It is a darling place. I wish they had offered to fill up my tea water for me.
    Beautiful and charming little cafe with excellent food, pastries and coffee. Couple downsides are that the food and cocktails are a bit overpriced for the portion sizes, the customer service was lacking and they're following the ongoing trend in Portland of ordering at the counter and guests bussing their own tables but still expecting an 18% plus tip. But even with that, love that it's in the neighborhood and the exceptional food and atmosphere. We'll definitely be back.
    I just keep coming back! Just visited for my 4th time. Every time I've ordered something different and everytime it's great. Usually I get lunch stuff like salads and sandwiches, but their oatmeal has something of a cult following. You can't go wrong with it. My only complaint is that sometimes the servings are a LITTLE small. But that just means I have room for one of their delicious cakes or pastries. The atmosphere is airy, bright, and relaxing. Stop in for a charming brunch or lunch.
    My friend and I went three times for breakfast to Vivienne's. Twice it was a stellar experience, the third time it was a good experience. I myself love the HASH - but you only get this on the weekends. My friend took eggs on toasted bread with arugula. Their bread comes with an amazing butter which has rosemary in it. I love it! We also tried their carrot coffee cake which also was delicious. We'll go again - probably at a weekend, so that I can get the hash. Attention: Portions are rather small. But for us girls it was absolutely sufficient. In fact we don't like larger portions very much.
    Located in an old taxpayer on East Sandy Blvd, Vivienne's is a perfect example of passionate and committed Portlandians serving delicious food. Simply decorated, the small but exciting menu makes the trip to Vivienne's worth while. The ladies who own and operate the restaurant care as much about the customer as they do about the food. Great breakfast items, flakey and delicious bakery items and interesting sandwich selections make Vivienne's special. The prices are frankly too low for the quality of the food. Enjoy!!

Similar places people viewed in Portland

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods