Tabor Tavern

American Restaurant

Tabor Tavern24
brunch • burger • fish and chips • mac n cheese

Tabor Tavern has 22 Tips

Great pub food - the burger comes highly recommended. Summer salad is a hit! More: bit.ly/2vmesoi
    Happy hour 3-5:30
    It's a nice local place- service was great and all the dishes had a little something personal . Would go again
    Happy hour plates were delicious with good drink options. Hamburgers delicious. I would not return with a group because it is too loud. They need sound baffling like others restaurants have done.
    After finishing a day of medical treatments, my doctor recommended Tabor Tavern for dinner. Because of the early hour, I took advantage of the happy hour specials - fries and a house salad. The staff was courteous and helpful - especially with my limited diet (gluten free, dairy free, egg free). The salad was exceptionally delicious, the fries were overdone and under seasoned (from Idaho and am admittedly spoiled with potatoes) - hence the four stars, not five. Every dish I saw come out of the kitchen looked and smelled amazing! Would love to bring my family back here to experience this culinary delight.
    I went here with some business associates. They serve great burgers and excellent fries. I had the classic burger and it was very tasty. One of my associates ordered the lamb burger and he really enjoyed it. Nothing really fancy but good quality food. I didn't get to try their beer selection but it looked very good.
    Neighborhood eats. Great food! Our party had pork Verde chili, lamb burger, smoked salmon, and kale salad. We all enjoyed our entrees, drinks and desserts.
    Awesome burgers and fries. Great Service. Great beer selection too. Had Tabor burger so good. Garlic parmesan fries yummy.
    Very cool, cozy tavern in a cool neighbourhood. Food was good, service was excellent. I enjoyed the fried chicken sliders.
    We stopped by here for lunch after visiting the statue of Paul Bunyan which is close by. The food was very good.
    After eating a truly substantial breakfast burrito there, my 14-year-old son has decided that Tabor Tavern is his favorite Portland restaurant. For a boy that also recently experienced Coquine, Renata and other high-end restaurants in the city, that's high praise. Tabor Tavern does put out great lunch sandwiches and bodacious brunch plates. It's not a diet place, but it will leave you, like it did my son, happy and full.
    The menu changes often and it is always good. Inside or outside seating, the service is very friendly and reasonably fast. They always have interesting soups and the mac and cheese is excellent. I have never had a reservation here but the wait is usually short. It also is open later than most places for dinner. The one dollar scoop of sorbet is a great way to end dinner and not feel too bad about yourself.
    Had a nice lunch here after arriving at PDX, great burger, ate outside on a beautiful day. Would eat here again
    Was told about this place by a local we knew, we had Tabor Burger that was recommended and delicious,curry wurst along with some watermelon gazpacho which was spicy and refreshing. Also enjoyed a pineapple flavoured cider
    Tabor Tavern is a go to spot in Portland. It was our first visit to this restaurant and was recommended to us by my friends friend. From the moment we entered we were warmly greeted with a smile from all the staff. The restaurant has a warm inviting atmosphere with rustic decor complimented perfectly with modern accents. The booths are super comfortable as well. Our server Andrea was fantastic, providing great recommendations from the menu which provides a great variety to choose from. When we enquired about the house's special bacon Jam, Andrea brought us a sample, it was glorious but I'll get back to that later. Andrea's service continued to be exceedingly friendly and exceptional throughout the entire meal. Based on Andrea's recommendations I ordered the smoked gouda Mac n Cheese, my friend had the chicken pesto sandwich with the Kale cesarean side salad and we ordered a serve of pountine to share. The food came out quickly and was a good portion size. Each dish was perfectly cooked and the flavour was incredible. Their chef is a culinary genius in their pairing of ingredients which all blend together perfectly. The bacon jam pair beautifully with both the burger and my mac cheese. 5 star service 5 star food 5 star restaurant Do yourself a favour and check this place out! I will definitely return next time I'm in Portland.
    Brought by family and enjoyed a wonderful eggs benedicts in a quaint neighborhood hangout. Our Saturday menu was not overwhelming but provided plenty of options. It's not fancy. Just good food, good service in a friendly atmosphere. Worth giving it a try
    Tabor Tavern was a last minute decision for my party of 7. One of our members was going to be late, and the server was able to perfectly time our appetizers, drinks and entrees. The food was outstanding & they had a great wine special on happy hour.
    We sat outside and were very comfortable. The food was sort of pub type food but with some nice options such as a lamb burger or fried chicken burger. There was a great selection of beer but I also found an enjoyable glass of wine. A comfortable restaurant for a relaxing evening ...
    We walked here from our daughter's house; it's like their personal neighborhood hangout where everybody knows their name. We sat inside; the sidewalk seats looked fine, too. A casual place, typical Portland. Great menu selection, for just a bite or a hearty meal. Our choices were fish and chips (a fan favorite), and Mac & Cheese, with a side order of peas. Service, selection, price: love the Tabor Tavern.
    This small tavern was within walkable distance from our vacation rental. The chef was competing for a James Beard Award and mixed porcini mushrooms with ground beef for a delicious burger. There were also plenty of craft beers on tap. Great place to chill with a beer and some good food! It isn't fancy, but the service was great.
    First visit for me but the family I came with live in the vicinity and eat here fairly often I think. I had a burger, cooked to perfection with really good fries. One of my companions had a huge piece of fish that he inhaled. He said it was haddock. It must have been pretty good. The server was very good. All in all, an excellent lunch experience. I will probably go back when I can.
    The brussel sprouts appetizer is really good as is the fish and fries. They also have an interesting beer selection. The reason for very good instead of excellent is because the parking lot is small you have to drive around until you find a spot along the road. And the tables are very close, not the place to go to have a personal conversation. Great neighborhood homey feel.

Similar places people viewed in Portland

• Smallwares