Upload Business Photo

Italian Restaurant

Pizzeria Otto14.5
wood fired pizza • margarita pizza • salads • flavor

6708 Ne Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97213, US

Pizzeria Otto has 13 Tips

Fantastic Neapolitan-style pizza. Happy hour offers $6 Margherita pizzas and $4 beer & wine. More: bit.ly/2vysdsm
    My daughter and I ordered pizza and salad. Because the place was packed, we ordered it to go. While we were waiting, some tables opened up so we grabbed one. The staff didn't mind in the least that we changed our minds. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was so good; exceeded our expectations. When in Portland, give it a try.
    The flavor of our pizza was just alright, could have used more seasonings. I will say that I prefer my brick oven pizza to be crispy which this definitely was not.
    Great atmosphere and cozy place. The pizzas are fantastic and fairly priced. Pizzas are artisan crafted and made with fresh products. We ordered the Tomato pie. The pie included 6 large slices of pizza with fire roasted tomatoes, basil, garlic, and white truffle pecorino. Super tasty to say the least. Price for the pie is $15. The house wine was a blend of syrah for $5 / glass. Great for house wine ! Definitely a must try!
    This is the best pizza in town! For dessert we had the Nutella calzone with berries And ricotta local honey, cocoa and powdered sugar. Not only the pizza is amazing the dessert was great to share!
    I find this one of the best tasting pies in town. I love the spicy pepperoni or Margaretta. Excellent pizza, excellent service. Go early as limited seating
    Hands down the best pizza in Portland. This is the only place in Portland that you will have pizza that you would get in Italy. This is the real deal. Great salads and excellent beer/wine selection.
    Overall a very good experience and would recommend it. We had a small salad ( huge ) to share and a margarita pizza with wild mushrooms. Both good choices. Next time we'll try the wild mushroom pizza ( no sauce ). Ask for truffle oil as it is a flavor enhancer. Pizza crust was very tasty. I would describe this a s a pretty typical Portland-ish eatery - not fancy, clean and very good food. Order at the bar. Food delivered to your table.
    We loved it when Otto's opened up in the neighborhood. Surrounded by creepy thrift stores, dated bars and subpar eateries, the 'hood needed a trendy spot. Put together by their very own hands, the owners shared that this was a long time dream of theirs - making and serving wood fired pizza. The setting is great - very welcoming, albeit a little small. There are no liquor options - but a great new bar down the street for that. My only problems with Ottos are the ridiculous hours (5-9pm weekdays; slightly longer on weekends). It seems that it is never open when I crave a pizza (say, for lunch or after the bar at 10:30). Their sauce is also very bland and needs revision. I suggest they add 2-3 more options for sauces along with their menu. The pizza is good overall - but caters solely to those that like the wood charred crispy crust. Service has always been great - and this place will go places - if they will work on the two things suggested above. Would highly recommend if youre craving a pizza - and they happen to be open ;)
    Have driven by here many times so this time stopped in and would give it a try since we like to try new places. This is a small place but we were able to get a table. The service and staff was great. We shared a Cesar salad and my wife and friend thought it was the best one they have had in a long time. We ordered a Margarita pizza and a Pepperoni. I liked the Pepperoni over the Margarita, the Pepperoni had a good flavor, the Margarita was a little bland. Limited beer selection so went with wine which was very good. Will come back here again.
    The service here was great. I loved the environment including trivia pursuit on every table and sidewalk chalk outside. The pizza was great and the have a lot of local drink options. It is a tad on the pricey side but it is high quality food and service.
    Great great pizza place- crispy crust on the outside, and melt in your mouth on the inside. Classic Italian. Nice chill atmosphere right in the neighborhood. Had the Hawaiian pizza and the shaved pineapple was a nice touch. One of the waiters even brought us over some nice olive oil & pepper olive oil to dip our crusts in. Both fantastic.
    The pizza here is amazing. Old fashioned, artisan, wood-fired pizza, with an assortment of traditional and creative Italian topping combinations. This pizza might not be for the seasoned pepperoni lover, but if you want to branch out, this is a great place to do it! The staff here is very friendly, and the atmosphere would be nice, with good lighting and a cozy, warm feeling emanating from the wood oven; unfortunately though, the place is small - which in itself is fine - but as soon as the restaurant opened they appeared to be a great success and so it feels very crowded. I never drive by and see it less than full. since there are few tables, most folks opt for take out, but that makes for an even less comfortable atmosphere, as there is no good place to wait, so it's a standing room only kind of gig. In anticipation of this, I had actually called ahead to order and was told "our pizza only takes 90 seconds to cook, so we don't do phone orders. just come on in." okay, no problem. except when I arrive (and there is literally a line out the door), I wait a good deal of time to order and then am told that it will be about 45 minutes before my pizza is ready. in reality it was 75. i heard staff tell someone they could just come back later to pick up - what is the difference between that and a phone order, really - it's just one less body waiting in the tiny space. This is not to say the staff is not working hard; they perform an apparently choreographed dance around each other working the dough into pizza, topping it, getting it in and out of the oven, and tossing salads in between - again, all in a tiny space; it's really quite impressive. I would recommend it to a friend who isn't that hungry yet; I probably won't be back until they take phone orders or have a larger space though. Give 'em a try - crowds and waiting for food bother me more than most people. :)

Similar places people viewed in Portland

Browse Italian Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods