Pho Van

Asian Restaurant

pho • noodles • soups • spring rolls

1919 Se 82nd Ave
Portland, OR 97216, US

Pho Van has 20 Tips

During our vacation in Portland, OR we stopped at Pho Van for lunch. I have eaten at two other Vietnamese restaurants but neither compares with this one. We were seated promptly and our orders were taken. When my entree arrived, I was not sure what to do. The waitress picked up on this and asked if she could demonstrate and prepare my first item. I don't remember the name of my entree but I will never forget what it tasted like. This was out right good. Pho Van will be my standard to what a Vietnamese Restaurant should be like. I loved it.
    Delicious food and great service. Consistently a go to spot for lunch! Excellent variety! Pho options are plentiful.
    We enjoyed a quick lunch before boarding the Amtrak at the location near Portland's Union Station. Staff made a recommendation of a simple Pho lunch with chicken. Friendly and simple atmosphere with plenty of good customers. A wee bit expensive, but delicious food and a nice atmosphere.
    First time at this place. The decor is neat. The food was wonderful but service was horrible. It wasn't busy so I'm not sure why service was so bad. Ordered drinks and food. Took 40 mins to get our first drink. I ordered Diet Pepsi. I asked for another one and it took over an hour to get. We got there at 6:30 pm and at 8:10 pm we finally got our food. I quickly asked for the check since I had an hour drive back. I didn't get my check till 9 pm. I had to go up to the front and pay. It's sad the service was so bad because the food is pretty good. I don't think I will go back. The food didn't justify for the horrible service. I recommend going to a different Pho place.
    I have been dining at Pho Van for many years. I like the salad rolls and skewered pork/shrimp with rice. My husband used to insist that after we picked someone up from the airport, we go have lunch or dinner at Pho Van. He loved the Pho and said it was some of the best. Service is usually good. Sometimes it is a little slow. But I prefer to go when it isn't crowded.
    best ice coffee ever! get the number 50 it will not disappoint so good, the chicken is done so well, and with all the other flavors in the bowl is just to die for! I always stop here when in PDX
    Our service was good from the staff. The food was so yummy! Highly recommended. Beautiful interior of the restaurant.
    I always have number 51 or the chicken curry, salad roll, Mekong, and the Ginger Cre'am Brule' or Banana bread pudding.
    Authentic and scrumptious! Had an amazing family lunch filled with great food and conversation! Would definitely come again 😁
    One of multiple spots around portland under the Pho Van name, this is a really solid Vietnamese place. Phos (soups) are really good but so too are the rice and noodle dishes. What sets this place apart from many of the other Vietnamese spots is the decor which is a bit more modern.
    Sometimes it's really good and on point and other times it's greasy and slow and terrible. It's a crapshoot like Terry Kath playing Russian roulette.
    The restaurant was represented by a friend to be the best Vietnamese restaurant in Portland - failed! The service was bad, the tables were dirty and the food was bad. We are deeply disappointed by this popular restaurant. The ownership should pay more attention to the issues raised above before customers stop coming altogether.
    Don't know what else there is available for Vietnamese in Portland but this one has to be the best. Pho was super yummy and the spring rolls we ordered were great.
    The atmosphere was quiet and pleasant. Our waitress was attentive. The food seemed very authentic and nicely presented. The flavors and variety were delicious and unusual. The portions were more than adequate.
    We tried Pho Van for dinner on a Monday. It was our first time. Wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Entrees were tasty, using fresh herbs and veggies, and well prepared proteins. House made sauces on each table were particularly flavorful . Sides are pricier than other pho restaurants, but a bit bigger and clearly also made fresh. Pot of jasmine tea was about the best ever we have ordered in a restaurant. Vietnamese coffee was also pricey, but very good!
    This place is what a crave on a daily bases. It somehow exceeds my expectations and keeps getting better. Everything on the menu is pretty much amazing. Great staff and ownership as well. Great little bar on one side (great happy hour), and street food side on the other. If you want cleaner, outstanding Vietnamese food, then look no further. 5 stars all the way.
    We have pho every Sunday at a local restaurant where the family who owns the place has become our own. We told them we would be going to Portland and were told this was the place to get great Vietnamese food! We were not disappointed with the food, and the people who helped us were prompt and considerate.
    When we traveled to Vietnam last year, we made friends with a couple from Boston. When they visited us in Portland, we just had to take them to Pho Van. It is our favorite Vietnamese restaurant and we feel it rivals the best that we had in Vietnam. We ordered appetizers of Spring Rolls and Salad Rolls, both fresh and delicious. Our Saigon Meatballs with Noodles was plentiful, seasoned just right, and full of fresh veggies. The staff is attentive and will describe each dish accurately. The restaurant is well lit and tastefully decorated, and the prices will not break your budget. If you are looking for authentic Vietnamese cuisine, look no more.
    A little more expensive, but the experience is much nicer. Staff is a hit and miss... Some are nice, others, I am not sure why they are in the service work. Food is adequate and somewhat generic for the Caucasian taste buds. Nicely decor and clean. If you just want Pho, there are other options.
    I was walking in the Pearl District and chose this restaurant by its menu selections. Good food, friendly staff and outdoor seating made my lunch memorable in all good ways.

Similar places people viewed in Portland

Browse Asian Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods