Cool Moon Ice Cream

Restaurant

Cool Moon Ice Cream14.5
ice cream • thai peanut • salty carmel • waffle cone

Cool Moon Ice Cream has 21 Tips

Solid locally made ice cream. Recommended: affogato with cinnamon ice cream. More: bit.ly/2vysdsm
    This is a small neighborhood ice cream shop. Good selection of delicious ice cream. It is next to a streetcar line. Parking in the neighborhood may difficult. Store is basically furnished with both indoor and outdoor seating. Dog-friendly (outside only). Visiting here was fun
    This is a fun little ice cream shops with many good options to choose from. Staff are friendly and ready to offer up samples to try something new. Ice cream was fresh and tasty with several options to choose from. I would highly recommend this for some good ice cream eats. There is a little water park right across the street to hang out and eat if you wanted.
    This place has good ice cream and a large selection of flavors. They make the ice cream so it is high quality. Good choices for kids and also sorbet choices.
    Great flavors, everything from delicate and subtle to mouth-bursting and unusual. Love this ice cream. My current favorite is Kulfi, based on the national dessert of India. It is flavored with rose water, pistachio, and cardamom. I keep meaning to try something new but I keep ordering Kulfi. Before discovering Kulfi, I regularly had Cherry Almond Chip, it is really yummy. Friends have told me the sorbets are excellent, especially cantaloupe when they have it. They also have "happy hour" take-home pints, which are discounted to $5, down from $7, during certain hours on designated flavors (the flavors always change). Try this place, you'll be happy you did. So far, I've never had to stand in a line longer than about 10 people.
    I went today after taking my son to the waterfront. It's definitely worth the stop. The ice cream is so good and we went at agrega time! As soon as we paid the line was out the door.
    We loved the ice creams here. Located in the heart of portland downtown and easily accessible by public transport. It is a must place for ice cream lovers.
    Time after time we drop into cool moon after a meal in the pearl and are so very happy we did. The flavors are always wonderful. My son's favorite is buttermilk marionberry and mine is kulfi. That said there is always a confliction, the flavor that is there that I didn't expect, Turkish coffee or Thai tea is so very delicious it is a disappointment not to chose the conflict. We really need to stop eating dinner and just eat ice cream for dinner and dessert. While the service is not always perfect, the scopers are friendly enough given their jobs. I like the fact that they often serve the whole family rather than having multiple scoopers/group.
    Service is wead if not rude but the ice cream is amazing. They are friendly to the kids although the adults are paying the bill. The prices are very high so watch you choices. Service is very slow and usually not enough counter help.The wait has been up to 15 minutes and with kids this is BAD.
    Had a great time, interesting flavors, nice help. All good! I had toasted sesame and Saigon Cinnamon. Nice combo.
    I love ice cream. I am addicted to it. I love exotic flavors - the more exotic the better. I've been to every ice cream parlor in the city and, IMHO, Cool Moon is be far the best -- so far above Salt 'n Straw I wouldn't even dare to make a comparison. I will keep coming back until I've tried every one of their luscious flavors.
    Cool Moon makes all their ice cream on-site. Their flavors are very good, and the ice cream is rich and creamy. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. We take all new comers there.
    We were told by a restaurant nearby that the ice cream was good at Cool Moon, so we walked over. The flavors were different, but they were very good. I had the Belgian Chocolate and my husband the Salty Caramel, both on sugar cones. Mmm... We'd definitely go back for a quick lick!
    I've cream AND coffee?! How could my world get better! Such great flavors. I couldn't decide, so I got two flavors - salted caramel and Thai iced tea. Both were excellent. They have all kinds of coffee too. There are a few chairs outside in case you came with your furry friend - but someone still had to go inside and order for you. A nice break to take during the day.
    Very sugary, but good. Not someplace I would go out of my way for, but good. Also offers espresso, espresso drinks, sundaes, floats, and moon pies.
    Cool Moon is like the salutatorian who had about the same grades but was passed over for being less flashy than the valedictorian. The ice cream is very good and there are many varied and flavorful selections. The cones are fresh and crisp and the scoops generous. I like how I can choose from subtle and sophisticated flavors like rosewater or buttermilk marionberry to a totally childlike and exciting chocolates and birthday ice creams with sprinkles. And there's nothing better than taking your cone across the street and watching children frolic in the fountain. Really a nice place.
    Four of us visited Cool Moon Ice Cream and after we all had a good share of tastes, we picked our favorites. My favorite flavor usually had something to do with chocolate and I have to say that the chocolate ice cream was perfect! Fantastic taste and creamy texture! I highly recommend Cool Moon!
    Perfect location next to Jamison Square. After having your children or grandchildren frolic in the fountains just cross the street for a wonderful treat. The flavors change frequently (and some times your favorite will not be there, unfortunately). Cash brings you a discount. If in the area and crave a treat, do not miss Cool Moon
    This is a nice little place to come for dessert. The ice cream is handmade and there are so many choices. The people are friendly and it's perfectly located across the street from a nice little park. It's a great family oriented place -- you'll be happy you came here!
    Yummy, unusual flavors as well as some classic ones. They have a Happy Hour in the afternoon where select flavors are discounted. What a great way to keep a variety of ice cream in your freezer!
    Great ice cream that is all natural and made right there! I tried the Salted Carmel and it was delicious! Another great point...they serve samples with real mini spoons, so there is no waste with plastic wear. Nice touch! If you are enjoying the Pearl District be sure to stop by!

Similar places people viewed in Portland

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods