Photo of Beachland Ballroom and Tavern in Cleveland, OH, US

Beachland Ballroom and Tavern

Bar

brunch • chicken • pickled veggies • made from scratch

15711 Waterloo Rd
Cleveland, OH 44110, US

Beachland Ballroom and Tavern has 17 Tips

The Tavern has limited seating. The bar seating gives a good view of the stage. The bands are local and national(Chicago and Nashville were there) There is room to dance or just move around(my style). The Staff are very friendly. The menu has a variety of food made fresh. Check out the This way out area for Vinyl records and clothes.
    Got our first Airbnb on Saturday, drove up from Buffalo NY and as luck would have it, the owner of the place we stayed, owned this little ditty too! What a great place. We were dropped off about 7:30pm - bands started about 8pm - three of them to boot! Each better than the last. In addition to the bar room bands, this place also has a ballroom, where ANOTHER concert was going on! Also has a cute vintage clothing/collectibles store in the basement. If you're looking for a great time - good people and some fine music - I highly recommend going back.
    My husband I went to Beachland for the first time and tried out their Sunday brunch. Menu wasn't very big, but there were plenty of hearty, made from scratch options to chose from. Atmosphere has a hipster feel, with tablecloths that look like they came from your grandma's kitchen. Service was casual, but prompt and friendly. Would definitely visit again.
    The tavern is a smaller venue for bands with a long bar, large selection of beverages and full menu. On a packed Friday night they could have used another server. The nostalgic main Ballroom has lots of room for performances and a great little bar in the back with excellent servers and kitschy, throwback decor dating from the 1940s through 1970s. Located in an arts district neighborhood, this place is an interesting visit.
    I love this venue for seeing live music. Staff is always nice and they bring in great talent. I was a little disappointed in the food this time, compared to last. They had taken poutine/gravy fries off the menu, so I got a patty melt. whatever they out on the bread when they were toasting/grilling it made the whole thing taste a little weird, I wound up just eating the burger part, which was great. They do pour generous drinks, tho, and the music can't be beat. I will definitely return. But for the love of all that is good and right with the world, just bring back the poutine, please!
    This was my first visit to Beachland, and as frequent brunchers, my friend and I were excited about a new place. Well this place exceeded our expectations. Great selection of food and drinks for everyone. I recommend a pitcher of Summer in a Glass. Service is always great. I recommend being there as soon as they open or making a reservation.
    We stopped in on a sunny Sunday in February and the joint was packed. We ate at the bar. Our server/bartender was great. We ordered the Chicken Chilaquiles and the north coast turkey sandwich. The chicken was simmered in a spicy roasted tomato salsa tossed on a bed of corn tortillas topped with an over easy local free range egg and Queso Fresca. It was scrumptious. The north coast turkey sandwich was made with locally produced bacon, smoked turkey, poached free range egg, and Gruyere cheese on a multigrain toast with tomato and avocado. Everything on the sandwich was fresh, delicious and a wonderful combination. The bloody Mary was OK, the coffee was great. I will definitely be back soon.
    Best Sunday brunch in Cleveland hands down. The food here is really good. The Beachland has a nice setting for bands to come in and Jam out at night with an attached lounge area. By day on the weekends the lounge turns into a little restaurant that features local farm food. My wife and I always stop in when we're on the area and have never been disappointed.
    Best Bloody Mary I've had. Ginger infused vodka with pickled veggies yum!! Interesting menu andclientle, glad we went. Soul brunch but need to make the music louder. Cool place. Cool vibe
    I'm always looking for good brunch places and this place is always recommended...so we decided to give it a try! I was surprised at how dated and old it was inside...dirty cloth tablecloths (eewww...gross!) broken chairs, wobbly tables. My first impression was definitely "eh..." I ordered a "bloody red eye"...a Bloody Mary with beer and pickled veggies. It was interesting but not the best Bloody Mary I've ever had. My bf's coffee was "horrible"...in his words! So...second strike! Then...I ordered the chicken and waffles (which is why I wanted to come...the buttermilk fried chicken!!) and they ran out of chicken!! WHAT?! This was NOT looking good! But then things got better! We both ordered the biscuits and gravy and it was delicious!!! I mean...really good! Plus, our server was really nice! The DJ was spinning an interesting selection of music too which we liked. So...while there were quote a few cons about the place...I'd definitely go back to see if the chicken and waffles is as good as the biscuits and gravy (which is probably a given...since they sold out!!)
    Excellent food on a budget. Bruch is usually awesome, though sometimes the wait is a bit long. Amazing Bloody Mary pitchers with brunch. Great place to get food and some of the best music in town.
    Worst brunch I've had. Stay away. Service skier than molasses, ketchup is maybe homemade or confused!? Beer was cold. Had to go to the bar to get my own coffee. Brunch needs to stop at this place. Eww.
    My group of 8 had reservations. Make sure you call for reservations. It seems like there is too many people smashed into the room for the servers to get around tables. I figured the food had to be amazing if this "vintage dive" had people packed in!!! The waitress was very nice and appeared to be running 4-5 tables herself with 6-10 people at each. Drinks came fast but that was only the first round. Food took a little over an hour to receive. I think only 2 of my groups 8 didn't hate it. I personally like my biscuit and gravy (minus the slightly overdone biscuit). The waitresses seemed overwhelmed, and was running at one point. So, for her and the laid back be yourself atmosphere I give it and average score. Not sure I would go back for food for the price.
    We ate brunch here after reading an article in "edible" magazine. I've heard of Beachland Ballroom before, but have never been here before. The brunch menu had a lot of variety and something for everyone. I tried the salmon and latkes, which is something I've never had before, and really enjoyed it. What I like best about this place, is it's laid back and unpretentious. Just come as you are, and enjoy the diverse crowd. I'd love to go back for a show. Definitely not your average brunch, as they have a DJ playing a variety of music - just laid back fun. A perfect way to start your Sunday.
    We went on Sunday for brunch and there's a parking lot on the side of the building. The wait want long but the dining room (which I'm assuming is the bar area and stage during some concerts) was packed. They have an extensive brunch cocktail lay including brunch staples and a ton of twists, all at a very reasonable price. I had one of their made-from-scratch biscuit sandwiches with the veggie bean burger and some home fries. I'm Irish and these were some of the best home fries I've had. My boyfriend got the corned beef hash, everything made in house and nothing from a can. The waitress was great, offered us suggestions and some additives (such as a tomato and some mixed greens for my veggie burger). It wasn't anything super fancy but the food was phenomenal! They have many gluten free options and vegetarian/vegan options as well.
    My husband and I are on a comedy tour of all 50 states, and our Ohio date got cancelled at the last minute. The Beachland was super cool, asked the headliner if we could do a short set before the bands, and when he agreed they let us open for the bands. It was a fun way to check of Ohio, and the city of ROCK off our list of states. The food was also amazing as were the drinks. Thanks for giving us an amazing experience!!!
    If you are looking for great, locally sourced food, prepared perfectly, this is the place to be. You can tell everything is homemade from the pancakes, to the grits, to the sausage patties to the main courses. I sampled the veggie tart, pancakes with berries and potato latke with applesauce; everything was amazing! I highly recommend going here for brunch to enjoy their wonderful food. We had a huge group of people and the service was excellent. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Tip, make sure you call ahead for a reservation.

Similar places people viewed in Cleveland

Browse Bars in Nearby Neighborhoods