Photo of Empire Brewing Company in Syracuse, NY, US
Photo of Empire Brewing Company in Syracuse, NY, US

Empire Brewing Company

American Restaurant

Empire Brewing Company34
brunch • burger • gumbo • fish tacos

Empire Brewing Company has 23 Tips

GreAt blend of local food and drink
    Great food and beer flights
    A go-to brewery whenever we made it downtown.
    a month ago
    Empire has great beers, which is obviously a requirement for a brewery. They also have fantastic food, including several good options for the kids. It’s great for a bite before seeing a show or for a date night. Great place.
    a month ago
    On our way to Niagara Falls we planned a stop at Empire based on DDD recommendation. I had the jambalaya which had the perfect heat with empires pale ale. Good hops and some sweetness to go with the dish. My wife had the beef stroganoff which was made with their black ale. Incredibly flavorful.
    Cool venue, great variety of drinks and awesome mac and cheese! The staff was attentive and friendly. The host was so pleasant and full of local ideas for us to visit while in Syracuse. Very busy place but found seats at the bar while waiting to be seated. Will go back!
    a month ago
    Karen , the hostess was moody and rude. One of the chairs had fallen leftovers and my friend accidently sat on it. When we informed Karen , she didn't care. When asked for a pair of tissues, she just asked us to sit on another chair. On the other hand ,Ryan , our server was super friendly and attentive. I tried the jambalaya and it was great. The steak was good as well
    a month ago
    Hamburgers were ok, nothing special, salad was bad. Vegetables from yesterday and old pieces of chicken. Beer was good. The location and atmosphere are great, seems to have a lot of activities. Service was very good.
    I was in Syracuse on business. Myself and 3 other girls decided on the brewery for dinner the first night. I ordered the fish tacos with a side salad. I loved the Thai vinaigrette dressing that I ordered with the sad. The fish tacos were good. They coulda used some added "tang" because I prefer spice but the flavor was good. The flight was good. I really enjoyed the lemonade one and there was another with a ginger spice to it. Lots of IPAs and Wheats to choose from but they aren't my forte. I got the lighter beers and enjoyed them. My friends ordered the margarita pizza and my other friend got steak. Service was good. Their menu was minimal. Overall, it wasn't anything special but I always enjoy finding the local brewery.
    Big space for serving beers made locally. Many beer names but few quality styles. The owner organizes tours to understand the beer preparation process. Trying to mix different things ( beer, fruit aromas,etc.) does not represent originality many times. Decent staff and service.
    We tried it after many reviews,i think Guy ate there.At first impression the area was under construction,inside it was a cool atmosphere,food was so so ,i'm not a big Micro Brew guy, The Creme Brulee desert was awesome.A little pricey $12 for a Burger .Will give it another try If your a big Specialty Brew person try it.
    A bit disappointed. View out of the basement window was of plywood, a giant vacuum and various building supplies. My son loved his burger and tater tot poutine was delicious however my Andouille Sausage sandwich was on a stale roll and cheese was not fresh.
    I stopped here for lunch on my way through NY, and was very impressed! The beer selection was very good, and the burger was great! It's in a very cool part of town, and I plan on making a trip back to Syracuse because I was so impressed over the 1 hour that I was in town. Very worthwhile!
    Hubby and I went for a couple appetizers and to try a flight. Everything was really good and the server was very nice. Although sitting outside on the upper patio was really great, it was a bit awkward figuring out how to get service up there. A couple sitting there explained what we had to do to get service, and unfortunately, they had to explain it to several other couples throughout their dinner. Signage would have helped. I'm sure we will go back to try some more great brews.
    Had the Big Mamou and the fish and chips. The Cajun dish is a nice sampling and the fish was huge, a little greasy. Great building and atmosphere. Loved the outside tables. Flight of beers give you six choices, too many to describe. Really liked the Local Grind
    The food was really, really good - with the andouille po' boy the standout winner. Delicious! Bacon mac and cheese was also fabulous and huge, and the Kobe beef po' boy was really excellent, as well. Loads of beers and they'll give you a sample if you don't know what you want. Decent prices, too. The staff is super nice and our waiter was so friendly and helpful and talkative, it was like we were old friends. A real winner of a restaurant.
    Went here with my daughter and wife on move-in weekend. Despite the crowds, we got a table quickly and were greeted by the friendliest server I've had in quite some time. He explained the menu and their many beers and even offered up samples so I could decide which to get. I had the andouille po'boy and it was terrific. Probably the best andouille I've had outside of New Orleans. The other meals (bacon mac and cheese and the flatbread) were also very good. The only demerit goes to the cornbread which was unnecessarily grilled. Prices were reasonable. I'd definitely go back.
    We went there for lunch on a Thursday. The place was somewhat busy. We had some wings and beer. We cannot complaint. Service was very good. Although there were only 2 people manning the tables, we never felt unattended. You can tell that a lot students go to this place and I bet at night is a fun place to hang out. We will be back
    Excellent service staff. The place is wonderful in Cazenovia lots of room. We were there when there was a huge group but you couldn't tell because there's so much room to work around and play. Beer is fantastic
    The food is OK at this downstairs watering hole in downtown Syracuse, but the beer is terrific. There is an ever-changing beer menu and I'd sample them all. We had a pilsener and an IPA; both excellent. The burgers were as you would expect: pub grub-ish. Not superlative, but not bad. The service is a bit lacking -- but not bad. Seriously, though, go for the beer.
    Tried one of their beers and the truffle fries. Yum. The burger was also very good. It is in the basement but nicely done and a cool vibe. Waitress was very good.
    The restaurant is in the basement so it is cozy and cool in the summer, I am not a big craft beer fan but do like their's The food is good and servers friendly and efficient. My favorite place in Clinton Square.
    We have taken family and friends to Empire for lunches and dinners, and the beer is always the Star. Our daughter loves the mac and cheese, and they have a good variety of choices.

Similar places people viewed in Syracuse

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods