Photo of Blue Tusk Pub & Wine Bar in Syracuse, NY, US
Photo of Blue Tusk Pub & Wine Bar in Syracuse, NY, US

Blue Tusk Pub & Wine Bar

American Restaurant

Blue Tusk Pub & Wine Bar14
sandwiches • soup • beef sandwich • lobster

Blue Tusk Pub & Wine Bar has 21 Tips

Best selection of imported draft beers
    My wife and I came in to Blue Tusk around 7 PM on Saturday, September 30. We had dinner reservations elsewhere for later in the evening and wanted a pre-dinner beverage. Walking through Armory Square on a chilly late September evening, Blue Tusk looked lively and welcoming. Door: Two bouncers at 7 PM checking IDs seemed excessive, but it's a popular bar in a college town, so be prepared to show ID. They appeared to be checking everyone (including the couple in their 60s who walked in a few minutes behind us), so be prepared. No cover charge to get in, but it was early. Seating: We found a high top and sat down. No table service though, so had to order drinks from the bar and take them back. Not the end of the world. The bar top was packed, but there appears to be quite a bit of seating elsewhere in the place. Drinks: Extensive drink menu and selection of beers on tap as well as in a bottle/can. The prices were very reasonable as well. I don't normally find Dogfish 60 on tap, so it was an easy decision for me. My wife had a glass of Malbec, and the bartender served out a generous pour. Ambiance: Cool place. There were some game tables in one corner of the bar and plenty of TVs tuned to college football. Would definitely be a great bar to hang out in on a Saturday for gameday. I bet this place is packed when SU has a home game. Overall: We really enjoyed our visit. We spent an hour here and had a couple of drinks, with a great selection and good pricing. We'll definitely come back.
    Saw a lot of folks here on a weeknight, so I thought it must be good. Food was all right, but menu limited to sandwiches. And the process of getting food was designed to maximize my inconvenience. You order at the counter, they page you when your sandwich is ready, and you order your drink--separately--at the bar. Is this a New York thing? Big time waster. Not to mention I now have two receipts for dinner. Not good for expense accounting. On the plus side, lots of good beers on tap and a friendly vibe--if you don't mind the non-existent wait service.
    The available beer (and wine and liquor)selection selection makes up for the food bring just ok. The turkey and Brie sandwich wasn't bad, but not worth the price either. The "Thanksgiving Everyday" soup was also just ok, not worth the price. Clean place, some outside dining available. But the booze selection is great, though the service was a bit lacking. Not due to the staff, it's just they don't use servers, everything is run through the bar and they can get quickly overwhelmed. I'll be back for their drink selection, but I'll eat somewhere else first.
    Blue Tusk yet again proves to be a great chill spot. Perfect for a casual business drink or meeting or just friends having some great wine, cheese, olives and a fantastic salad or sandwich with excellent service as always!
    Spent the night in Syracuse on a road trip. Went to the Blue Tusk Bar in the evening. Nice bar. A lot of taps and a wide variety of liquor. Nice area overall.
    Great food & beer. Street patio made for great summer lunch. Chowder soup was great. Worth checking out. Very casual pub atmosphere
    Nice casual outdoor seating to have a drink and snack while people watching on Walton St in Syracuse. Just order and grab your own drinks from the bar and find your favorite table outside – and if you wanted a snack – there is a separate line to order – which was a bit frustrating.
    We only had lunch. We did not stay a long time. Food was good. There was a good crowd for a weekday noon time. The place seems to be a great place for a happy hour.
    My partner and I called for drinks and this place was nice. Great atmosphere and staff very friendly and welcoming. Great selection of beers wines and spirits. Ordered sandwiches. Amazing tasting, very fresh produce. Great place.
    Walking looking for place to have a drink and stumbled across Blue Tusk. The beer selection is good, the food equally so. They have Loud House IPA that is only available there and at the Carrier Dome. So if your looking a place to have a true taste of Cuse stop by Blue Tusk.
    Came here with my boyfriend for a quick drink at the bar. I didn't try the food here, so I can't make any comments there. Overall it seems like a nice place to grab a quick bite or a drink
    We stopped here during the NCAA playoff games for a beer and some snacks. The beverage selection was very good. The food left something to be desired. The spinach artichoke dip tasted like someone opened a jar of pre-made dip and warmed it. There were a TON of chips and only enough dip for about half of them. The chicken & cheese quesadilla was ok--not fantastic, but decent. The steak & ale chowder was very tasty.
    Went there today. I've already reviewed the sandwiches and beer selection in the past, both excellent. This time I am acknowledging the bartenders for recommending IPA's that I like, cheerfully providing samples and a perfect pour every time. So my service rating of 5 is for the bartenders.
    A fun place, good food, great service. We both enjoyed our meals and beverages. A little dark but it was nice by candlelight 😊 we will be returning! .
    The Tusk has become one of our favorite spots in Syracuse. It offers 69 delicious craft beers and a great selection of sandwiches made with the best Italian bread! Friendly bartenders complete the package making the Tusk a definite stop!
    ...I love tapas and wine... the tusk had the sweetest server at the bar that we chatted with who took our order. We sat ourselves at a beautiful carved booth and drank amazing wine. It wasn't too loud and the meatballs were good. I will definitely be back!
    This place is great for lunch or for hanging out with your friends at night. There is an amazing selection of sandwiches and beers. I have a colleague who goes here every time he's in town. It's awesome!!!
    A bit confusing if you've never been. Flag a bartender, get a drink or three, order your food at the counter and find a seat. A bit unorthodox but it seems to work. We arrived 2 hours before an SU game, place was jam packed. We hovered around a group that looked like they were leaving and snatched a cozy nook. Nice selection of draught beer, and we tasted several menu selections. Soups were creative and delicious, sandwiches were hearty and filling. Salad was huge, we split between two people. Bartender was swamped but I never waited more than a few minutes, counter girls were pleasant and helpful!
    My favorite bar in Syracuse hands down. Chris the bar tender was great and very friendly. They have 69 beers on tap so anyone can find something they like! I got a sandwich to go and it was amazing as well. Cant wait to go back.
    The food here was much better than the typical bar food that you find and the beer variety is substantial as well. It's definitely one of your better options in Syracuse. There are some bars that have more drink variety but I think the food here is worth that tradeoff

Similar places people viewed in Syracuse

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods