Photo of The Perfect Pint Public House in New York City, NY, US
Photo of The Perfect Pint Public House in New York City, NY, US
Photo of The Perfect Pint Public House in New York City, NY, US

The Perfect Pint Public House

American Restaurant

burger • shepherds pie • potato skins • wings

The Perfect Pint Public House has 20 Tips

Had a couple of beers and supper. Service was great and friendly especially Paul. There are 39 beers on tap and a great menu featuring Irish food. Strongly recommend this place for an adult beverage and meal.
    The fish and chips were excellent. The rating is based on the service. We only saw our waitress when she took our order and after we asked the hostess for our check. We also had to ask the hostess for more tea. Furthermore, we had to ask the server (of our food) for utensils. Although disappointed with the dining service, we would try them again for the food; maybe we'll order it to go.
    we were staying right next door. Talked about wanting to stop in for some food and a beer. the food was wonderful, and the staff fantastic. Made me think of some pubs I had been to in Ireland.Not as homey but the same spirit and energy existed.
    My wife and I came here to eat on a Saturday night. We went all the way to roof where it was nice out. The food was tasty and the service good. Depending on what time you get here, it can get crowded really fast. All in all, a good place to eat and drink before you head out to enjoy your weekend.
    Needed to get a quick lunch before a meeting, and saw this pub across from the parking garage. Quick, easy, casual, big menu choices of food and drink. Friendly service. Had the Tuesday special of burgers, which were quite tasty and a great value. Lots to choose from, good fresh Irish pub food.
    The pub has two environments in which to enjoy your meal. Downstairs is a lively pub environment with lots of laughing patrons, round tables with stools, and big screen TV. Up stairs a more subdued dining atmosphere. We visited the downstairs on a Thursday during happy hour - loud and boisterous with great two-fer meal prices and a nice selection of craft beers. We returned on Saturday to a much quieter environment. Your choice. I prefer the lively happy hour option.
    This Irish pub offers dozens of beers (50 - 60) from the tap (Irish and also US crafted beers). You can try small glasses before you choose a beer, if you want to enrich your knowledge about different lagers, ales and stouts. The Golden Guinness was a discovery for me. Food was delicious - we were hungry and got good portions of salad and salmon. This place has flair, and it also has attentive and nice waiters-waitresses.
    New York is a city of hidden gems, this is one. Firstly, the pint was perfect. The proper Guinness pour! The food was terrific, the atmosphere friendly in that wonderful Irish way and the personnel charming. On a vacation in New York it's rare, but we will be in the same place more than once.
    I took my son for his first trip to NYC from July 7th to July 10th. I jave previously stayed at The Knickerbocker and could not, nor will not, think of any other place to stay. We arrived at The Knickerbocker (or as we called it "home") on July 7th. We were greeted warmly ny Becca, Aissa and Brandon. They made us feel at home and gave my son (who is 26) a brief history on this amazing hotel. When we arrived in our room, a beautiful superior room, we sat down to take it in. The rooms are stunning, beds comfortable, and slippers were laid out for us every night. I cannot remember the name of the concierge that helped us eveey night other than he works the 3 to 11pm shift, dark hair, very nice and helpful. When we asked about some Irish pubs, he gave several recomendations, all of which we tried. I will list those in a separate review. We went to St Cloud's every night. The view is breathtaking, the bartenders and hostess so friendly. We felt like we were saying goodbye to family when we left. I will only stay at The Knickerbocker. From the beginning, to seeing Dear Evan Hansen, to the tours, the 1an walk to McDonald's, this was the best trip ever. I am lucky to live a 3 hour train ride away, and am already saving to come back. I will be back "home" before Winter. Thank you to the amazing staff at The Knickerbocker for making my son's first trip to NYC memorable. Thank you, Pam
    Classic Irish Pub, close to my hotel. Came too late for dinner a few days before, but this time managed to get a table and friendly service earlier. Great beer selection - can't beat a Guiness though! Went for a smoke-meat sandwich and was not disappointed. We enjoyed the atmosphere of a typical pub. I just which they would show rugby on TV to make it - a true Irish experience.
    This place was fabulous food was excellent 40 beers on tap the service the staff Beyond reproach it was wonderful if they have two of them one on West 45th and one on East 45th so if you meeting somebody make sure you know which 45th you're meeting them at it was a fun the lobster raviolis it's called Death by Lobster was wonderful
    Great bar...4 floors of beer & food! What more could a body ask for...43 draft beers as I recollect...or was that 44 :) Thanks Richie for minding us!
    WOW, they had everything you'd find in a proper pub in Ireland. All the different manner of beers and lagers. Irish food, which the best was Bangers and Mash (irish/english fat sausage, yum)
    We stayed right next door to The Perfect Pint and we were so glad we went in. We ate here 3 times and each meal was delicious. Their Pot Pie was the best I have ever had. Our other meals were Fish and Chips, Crab cake sandwich, Death by Lobster, Bangers and Mash and they were beyond superb. My husband had a beer each time and they were all good.
    This was our first taste of NYC Irish Pub fare and we were not disappointed! The burgers were wonderful, and huge. Our drinks were perfectly made. Hats off to the servers and bartenders. They do an outstanding job!
    Had lunch here with my daughter recently. They have a decent tap list but not many craft beers. Lunch was slightly above average. Nothing outstanding.
    I did not feel at all hungry when we stopped in here, so I ordered a burger--can always eat a burger. Well, that burger was huge and so delicious, I surprised myself by eating every last bit of it! Good fries come with it. Huge variety of beer on tap, about 30 or so, I think. Went back the next evening after a show just for a few drinks. Small, friendly place.
    Had a few pints of beer there. They were priced average for NYC. Staff was nice and exact. Pub was nice, some of the patrons were not.
    Visited the rooftop bar on a beautiful May evening. Service was quick and with a smile. We started with crab cakes that are really crab balls. We ordered off the special menu, Gorgonzola Chicken and Crab Stuffed Sole. Good but I give the 5 rating because everyone was so gracious there. The host, to our waitress and dining area manager Ernesto were all friendly and that makes the experience. We visit Irish Pubs often and the crew at The Perfect Pint has it right🇮🇪
    Snuck into this pub on short notice for convenience and was pleasantly surprised. Dozens of beers on tap, excellent service, and good bar food with a few healthy choices (but only a few). Most of the foods were high in sodium, including their specials, to be careful!

Similar places people viewed in New York City