Photo of Stumptown Coffee Roasters in New York, NY, US
Photo of Stumptown Coffee Roasters in New York, NY, US

Stumptown Coffee Roasters

Coffee Shop

Stumptown Coffee Roasters44.5
beans • amazing coffee • quality coffee • greenwich village

Stumptown Coffee Roasters has 24 Tips

Walking distance from w village Airbnb
    Coffee!
    Linger in the gleaming rays of brass-polished trim, globe lights, and the post-Euro splendor of this busy café, or head to the back bar for a more personal barista experience
    Don't miss the coffee bar in the back.
    One of the best latte that I've ever had. Both hot and iced one are nice! The staffs are professional.
    It was pouring in the city, and I stepped in to get a cup of coffee to warm up before a meeting down the street. I loved the coffee, and the hotel lobby looked like a chill place to hang out. I was going to be having lunch so, I did not try any of the food. Chill place to get a hot cup. Only down side is no where to sit back and relax.(unless you go to the hotel it is connected to)
    Some friends and I went to Stumptown for some coffee and pastries, but overall, the coffee was good but the pastries kind of disappointed. I liked that this was coffee that is made by the people who sell it as opposed to some generic Starbucks blend. The taste was fresh, and they had a bunch of options. Service was kind of slow, and I think that they did not have enough baristas for the weekend crush. The pastries looked amazing, and I was enticed. But the flavor didn't match, especially the scones.
    Very good coffee actually really tasty and wouldn't shame a good place in Melbourne- will come back already twice today.
    We stopped in 2 mornings and one afternoon to have an espresso drink - excellent barrister's who know what they are doing. Very limited seating, and it is a stop for a local foot tour (if you are there when they come by, the line is out the door). One of the best cappuccino's we have had in NYC.
    Good place for morning coffee near NYU and Washington Square -- excellent pastry! But limited space so you may standing rather than sitting. Still quite good and they open early in contrast to other Greenwich Village cafes.
    Coffee was good but I expected a better pulled espresso - it lacked body and finish. Space is filled with wifi users so not easy to find a seat. Worth drop in and good as best coffee within a few blocks.
    Spent part of a day exploring NYU and Greenwich and walking into this corner shop. Great spot with friendly staff. I just had a regular coffee which was very good and my wife had a skinny latte which she said was excellent. Great place to unwind and relax.
    The reviews for this place are overhyped. I am a coffee lover and found the beans mighty bitter. Great service
    How does Starbucks stay in business with more of these terrific local coffee bars cropping up all the time? Beautiful decor, low-key vibe, delicious coffee.
    Great coffee, wifi, music, and ambiance. Only bad thing was the restrooms smelled like a subways stop (like pee). But most people don't go to coffee shops for that haha so good spot
    I loved the space inside and out. The decor is very old world and the atmosphere is very inviting. It has a mixed crowd given NYU is around the corner, but that didn't detract from me wanting to sit and enjoy my cup of joe/people watch. The coffee is a favourite of mine, having consumed it in los angeles and Portland, and this outpost is as consistent as the others. I am glad we stumbled upon the location as it was a good way to kick start round 2 of caffeine for the day. Love it!
    Stopped off here for a mid morning coffee hit and wasn't disappointed. It's a specialist coffee house which will be appreciated most by coffee purists. It's charm will be lost on Starbucks/genetics chain coffee shop regulars. It's small, quirky with limited food options. The pastries are really a side show to the coffee.
    Stumptown coffee roasters's coffee is a must visit for coffee loving newyorkers. Classy place serving fabulous coffee. Simply loved it. Their iced coffee is also amazingly refreshing.
    Nice coffeeshop (good vibe, great design) with quality coffee, even though they forgot to get my order out. Love the seating outside.
    Very good quality coffee, cheap for new York, an easy atmosphere to work in and small magazine collection to read. Service a little slow and not that much seating are only small criticisms
    Amazing coffee! Great service! I highly recommend this cafe! Pleasant atmosphere and high quality! I'm now a regular!
    There are a few locations. If walking around in the city and you see one, you must stop. Be prepared to wait a few minutes.
    Enjoyed a hot chocolate here with almond milk (so much better than soya milk). Quick service. My only gripe was the lack of seating, which seemed strange in quite a spacious cafe. It seems to be quite a popular place for students to surf the net or do some work, so you may need to stand or have your coffee to go.
    Personally need a nice hand craft latte each day, this is one of my must coffee place in New York when I am away from my home city.

Similar places people viewed in New York