Peacefood Cafe

Cafe

Peacefood Cafe54.5
chickpea fries • cookies • sandwich • soups

Peacefood Cafe has 25 Tips

Vegan Cafe with juice bar and desserts. Fun place to meet friends or work from (wifi!). Order the baked chickpea fries, raw pizza, raw sushi roll, vegetable plate (it's bland, ask for a sauce/dressing to accompany it) or raw lasagna.
    Amazing juices and pastries ! 😍
    Dumplings. Yum
    Great food in general--but the raw sushi rocks!
    Amazing!
    The starters were amazing- chick pea fries, dumplings. Dinner entrees were good and plentiful, fresh tasting.Desserts- we had key lime pie (amazing) and strawberry "cheesecake "(very good). Dan was extremely helpful and attentive, and was going from table to table keeping everyone well cared for.
    Delicious food, great choice and lovely staff. We stumbled across this place round the corner from the children's museum and so glad we did! Vegan quiche, bean chilli with corn bread, raw cacao mousse cake and a green smoothie all delicious. Thank you.
    We stopped by for an early dinner and tried the fluffy quinoa and roasted Japanese pumpkin sandwich ($11-12each) with a cold peppermint tea and gingerade (fresh squeezed ginger) ($3-4each). The portions were all enough for a meal. The sandwich was stuffed high with greens, squash and nuts. The quinoa salad was filling without being greasy - fresh greens, perfectly ripe avocado and other vegetables in a light vinaigrette dressing. The two dishes would be perfect to share to have a half sandwich and a good portion of salad for each person. The peppermint tea was cooling on the hot afternoon while the fresh gingerade managed to be extremely fresh without being overpowering. If you like ginger, this is your drink. The wait staff was friendly, answered questions about dishes and gave prompt service while allowing us to chat and enjoy our food. The food we had was very good and whether vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore, all can find satisfying dishes here. We did not try the desserts, which looked very good. There are also gluten free dishes on the menu.
    Had a great surprise going for breakfast. Had the scrambled tofu and a pastry that took my breath away. It's a nice place, with a delicious menu.
    I eat vegan frequently because my daughter who I travel with is. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood and this was one of those times. It was busy but we were sat immediately. I looked over the menu and I wasn't gung ho on anything and that was just my mood. I ordered the fluffy quinoa salad even tho I don't care for corn cold or mixed with other ingredients, weird I know! Well this converted me! Beyond yum. Every ingredient fresh and perfect I ate the whole stupid thing lol. Daughter had a pizza with potatoes mushrooms and pesto which she really enjoyed. I like that they had a vegan library that you could look over. Great place.
    Second time I've eaten at Peacefood and it won't be the last. A lovely varied menu, both hot and cold dishes, heavy and light. I went for a huge salad, thought about a starter but honestly didn't need it with the size of this salad. It was delicious. Finished with a magic cookie and ginger latte, just perfect.
    A friend and I recently had lunch after a race in Central park, at Peacefood Café and both loved our meals. I had the vegan cheeseburger which was had the most amazing combination of flavors. While my friend had the kale and fluffy quinoa salad which she equally loved. The service was friendly and efficient. I will definitely return.
    This is by far my favorite vegetarian restaurant in the city and I've lived here for 8 years now. Their dishes are so delicious and healthy. They even managed to make my big "steak guy" husband a fan of vegetarian food. If it's your first time there, you have to try the Peace Bowl and any of their gluten-free desserts!
    My husband, our daughter, and I had lunch here one day during our trip to NYC. The food and service were great. I had a great quinoa salad and a smoothie. Would definitely eat here again if we were in the area.
    The place is aptly named : a cafe (no frills) with peace food ! That is , well thought out and tasty vegetarian dishes . I am not a vegetarian but I definitely enjoyed the food they serve . I wish there was one remotely close to it in London : I'd eat there regularly . No alcohol either which means you can keep the bill for 2 under $50 . Highly recommended .
    Great service and a big selection of food! I had a delicious sandwich and a cinnamon roll as desert.
    The strawberry cheesecake and the carrot cake is exceptional. Great vegan food and reasonably priced. Also the fresh ginger tea is really good. They have a very varied food menu too and all VEGAN! Love it! Wish we had one in London!
    Tasty vegan food and a cute vibe Yummy vegetable roasted and sautéed options. I got cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, kale, and broccoli My friend loved her Caesar salad and fries Lots of gluten & dairy free options You can get soy, almond, cashew, or hemp milk!
    WOW! The best meal that I have had in a long time. I highly suggest going here if you like vegan food or are interested in trying it. My mom, sister and I split the pumpkin quiche, chicken tenders basket, and pumpkin sandwich. They were all out of this world amazing. The combinations of flavors were perfect, the server was very friendly as well. Overall such a great experience. Make sure to grab a pastry on the way out.
    Good choices and taste with lots of gluten free items needed by one of us. Food was good - service polite and patient and good Really quite high
    I took the soup with 1/2 salad deal (with the ceasar soup). The soup was a rich tomato soup with chick peas. And although not being a huge tempeh fan the salad was superb with a delicious cheesy dressing.
    The food is just delicious. Large portions and so flavourful. Also the presentation of the food was wonderful. The ambiance is nice, calm and soothing in the bustling city. I would recommend it to any healthfood, vegan lover!
    I love vegan dining. I am vegetarian but regularly bringing carnivores to vegan restaurants. The creativity of vegan chefs is just superior. The flavor combinations were great. We had the chickpea fries appetizer and couldn't rave enough. Everything was great.
    Last time I was here I had a great vegan lunch. And decided to come back as soon as I could and this time walked in for breakfast as soon as they opened Sunday morning at 10am. The options for breakfast included tofu omelette with chorizo and home fries yumm! We Ordered a cappuccino an orange juice and a smoothy. The juice and smoothy arrived followed by the food. I was very excited to find out what the vegan chorizo tasted like and that's why I ordered this dish. I was very disappointing not to find any on the plate! Time passed by our coffees didn't arrive. I asked the waitress and saw that she forgot all about them... and when I asked about the missing chorizo in the chorizo breakfast she said oh yeah we removed it a few weeks ago sorry...the menus on the table still stated they are in it after 3 weeks you would think it can be changed like they changed the price.. on the same card. Anyway enough complaining bottom line was disappointed will be back soon and hope for a better experience.
    Quaint restaurant with exceptional service. My husband and I are not vegan our son is. We all enjoyed our meal. Service was exceptional, our waitress was most knowledgable, friendly and helpfull. The atmosphere is very relaxed, family friendly and boho. The flavor of the mushroom foccacia with cashew dressing was great, tasted the vegan burger and it also was very good. The chocolate cookies to die for.

Similar places people viewed in New York