Mother's Ruin

American Restaurant

Mother's Ruin84
brunch • burger • waffle fries • great drinks

Mother's Ruin has 28 Tips

Slushies
    If Rosé is our summer water, then hot toddies are our autumn juice. Spicy, boozy, and sweet - all the perfect flavors of fall in one warm, delicious cup.
    2 Likes
    Rosé on tap and fried chickpeas. Oh and the waffle fries with dipping sauces!
    The Bloody Mary gold standard
    The frozen slushie machine has a lot of flavors which vary day by day. Check out their frozen bloody marys.
    Bummed that I won’t be in New York for Brian Miller’s Tiki Mondays with Miller at Mother’s Ruin. But wanted to check it out anyway. It sounds like a chill place for some pre-gaming.
    On tap y'all
    Fried chick peas and French 75s.
    Went here for post-work drinks this week. The place wasn't too crowded, but it had a lively crowd. I was able to quickly get a table in the back to sit for a few hours. The cocktails were delicious and the bartenders very nice and helpful. Definitely was a little loud at times, but overall a great spot!
    Visited this little bar while in NYC visiting the Tenement Museum on the lower east side. I had a fried chicken sandwich that was quite good. Beer selection is fairly decent. I met a nice couple from London while sitting at the bar. There was a girl singing and playing guitar in the middle of the day which I thought was great!
    We accidentally stumbled on this fabulous little place . It serves great food and cocktails. I actually didn't eat there as we already had lunch reservations but I would have loved to have tried the menu. Everything looked so fresh and the people who were eating seemed to be enjoying their food . The written menu for drinks and food was limited but they had lots of variety in the boards inside. Jake was extremely friendly and came outside to speak to us and set us up a shot of tequila . Not my choice of drink but it tasted good. I had a Bloody Mary , made to perfection . This is a quirky little spot with some seating outside and open windows so you can see what's going on on the inside . Interesting and eclectic patrons . Will definitely be on the top of my left st on my next trip to NYC .
    My Husband, my brother, his girlfriend, and I went to have an after Anniversary Brunch at Mother's Ruin. Since It was our first time there we sampled a little bit of everything. We ordered the Frenchie, Mother's Biscuits & Gravy, Tri-Tip Hash, Real Deal' Maryland Crab Cake Benedict, Cary’s Salad, and Mother's Burger, everything was fantastic. We also had the 'Knee-slapping' Smoothie which had the right amount of kick to it. Our server was Rob, who helped make the experience enjoyable. We are definitely going back!!!
    Awesome going here for Sunday brunch with my family. Friendly, great drinks. Check the menu to be sure you like the choices. If you do, don't miss out. The staff remembered us. Great music. We stumbled upon it one day and now go out of our way to go there.
    But for the accident of meeting the barman from this joint when dining elsewhere, we would have missed out on this top little bar in funky Nolita. Tasty, different and interesting brunch menu, a great drinks list and very comfortable surrounds make for a top spot. I loved the crab cakes benedict, the Bloody Mary, coffee and the famous waffle fries. Spend some time gazing at the lovely pressed metal ceiling, enjoy chatting to the engaging staff, buy a meal, have a drink, enjoy.
    Doesn't matter what time it is you will be lucky to get a seat/table. Very talented bar tenders practicing their art in a loud and crowded bar. Food looked good but did not partake. Would recommend an early or late night cocktail.
    We went there for a pre-drink and light meal prior to going to Bowery Ballroom for a show. The food was good and quick to serve. Good background music and interesting cocktails.
    Fancy bartenders who create your cocktails with style. High quality cocktails around 13 dollar. Too crowded for a date but perfect with friends.
    Hi we visited Mother's Ruin late for a drink. Great atmosphere, great staff, food excellent. Cocktails great. Would recommend, especially as it stays open till 4am
    World's friendliest bartender (guy in the overalls, sorry I can't remember his name!) Cocktails were AMAZING! And I'm a snob. Totally laid back and chill vibe, kinda gritty, but also super clean if that makes sense. Highly recommended - one of the coolest spots in Soho.
    Visited Mother's Ruin for a couple of cocktails with a few work colleagues. Great range of different cocktails as well as great beer on tap. We did not have any food at the bard but the cocktails were excellent.
    The sliders were very good. Prices for drinks and food were high. Bar tender very helpful and attentive. You have to order directly form the bar. I thought my margarita was just Ok but I'm from California. Everyone else likes their drinks a lot. Definitely a hopping place after work.
    Stopped by for a drink on Saturday night and was too crazy. Sunday early evening vibe relaxed and fun. Good seat at the bar for a great beverage, good people watching and a nice night.
    Sister and I trekked here in the middle of Blizzard Jonas from Time Square and we agreed it was worth it. I had the cholula chick and waffles and loved it! Coffee was great as well. We were disappointed the pimento dip was only for dinner, but we will be back next time for it!
    We called into Mothers ruin after a hard days shopping in Soho and we found the place to be very welcoming and a good selection of drinks. We only stayed for one as we were going to get something to eat. The place is small with exposed brick walls and bar stool seating and it has friendly atmosphere.
    My colleagues decided they needed a bit of culture so we visited a few galleries in SoHo and somehow ended up having our dinner at Mother's Ruin and immediately felt old. It's a hipster and cool artisinal bar that serves a pretty decent dinner menu. I was craving for a burger so I just tried their Mother's Burger which was quite good with the meat cooked perfectly. Nice cozy bar in SoHo.
    We were looking for a restaurant shown in the tourist guide, only to find it packed and overflowing with a queue of waiting customers. We decided to continue walking up Spring Street and came across 'Mothers Ruin', thirsty and starving we decided to give it a go. What a gem - we had a marvellous meal and local beers, one of our kids said it was 'the best burger they had ever had' and 'when can we go back'. The staff were fantastic and the owner sat with us and gave us recommendations of other places to eat during our stay. A small bar/restaurant with an interesting food and drink menu with fantastic friendly staff - give it a go.
    Stopped in here for lunch after a morning of shopping at my daughter's recommendation (she's a local). Food was fabulous. I had the grilled cheese sandwich and French onion soup, which sounds sort of pedestrian, but it was actually one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. Kids had the chicken and waffles, which were also really good. Service was fast and friendly. Definitely recommend this place!!
    the bar is decent...but our night was RUINED when the RACIST DOORMAN started yelling at us and almost started a fight with us!!! we were just outside having a cigarette and yes, maybe we were loud, but it was 10pm on a friday night! we weren't being pushy or anything. literally, the loser doorman that looked like a mix between harry potter and mark mark but in clothes that were way too big, just started talking smack and started a fight. if the owner reads this, that guy should be fired. I've lived in NY for 14 years and I've seen a lot of jerk doormen when it comes to not letting people in.... but I've never seen a doorman actually start a fist fight with patrons who have been at the bar for an hour, then go outside for a smoke break il never go back. i don't like to be threatened by employees of the bar I'm buying drinks from. Run to the hills!!!

Similar places people viewed in New York