Photo of Morton's The Steakhouse in New York, NY, US
Photo of Morton's The Steakhouse in New York, NY, US

Morton's The Steakhouse

Steakhouse

Morton's The Steakhouse24.5
steak • seafood • potatoes • salads

Morton's The Steakhouse has 22 Tips

A veritable cavalcade of the finest beef, chicken, and seafood you could imagine, Morton's serves meals designed to bring down animals far large than humans with flavors that could by themselves topple ordinary steakhouses.
    food and service are extraordinary.
    The restaurant's ambiance is between cozy and elegant. Little tables, each with a tiny lamp. We ordered two prime ribs, they were great. All the side orders are apart but totally worth it. It is very pricey but you get what you expect to get. The cheesecake is superb as well as the chocolate cake, you must try them as well.
    I had the special Wagu beef, it was simply the best steak I gave have ever had, amazing. Service very efficient, great restaurant.
    It was a truly memorable evening at Morton's. Loved their wagu steak and highly recommend the NY strip steak.hats off for the service.
    Had an late afternoon dinner with friends the moment the restaurant opened at 5:00 PM on a Friday. The service was generous, very custom minded and courteous. As aspected, the food was delicious and plenty. I had the crab bisque and salmon main course. The salmon was one of the best I have eaten lately. My companions (seasoned Morton's patrons) were also very content with their choices. All in all, a very agreeable early dinner, albeit at a high price. But like most things in NYC, you get what you pay for. Morton's delivered on that.
    The steaks and other dishes are quite good but they swim in butter and are expensive. Better to try a place that is not a chain and dies not make such a big productions n. Too loud. And noisy better to try old homestead or the Bowery steak house. Impressive sides however and if someone wants to treat do it
    We are on holiday have to say it's the best Steak and had a few steaks the waitress was fantastic chinease girl so happy in her work an absolute pleasure will definitely be back next time in New York and would highly recommend Many thanks Scott
    New York steak houses are expensive, so a visit during Restaurant Week is a good way to sample the food and service. I am sorry to say this place does not rank among the top draws. The front desk staff was quite unconcerned that we were kept waiting 30 minutes and did not offer a seat to an elderly member of our party. The food was ordinary, the filet mignon good but not great and no dish rose above a 7 or 8. The prices for entrees and drinks soar. I do not know why this place is ranked among New York's finest.
    We went for the restaurant week menu and weren't disappointed, in fact we were surprised at just how tasty each course was. Having visited Davio's last week for a $42 menu also, we were blown away. Our server (I hope we have his name right - Pat W) was so friendly and treated us so well despite probably thinking 'oh more tourists' with our British accents. A massive thanks to him for making our evening so enjoyable and to the chef for such delicious food. A great restaurant - highly recommended.
    When dining here one night with friends for a birthday celebration, I indulged in the filet mignon. It was absolutely delicious. Everything down to their bread was wonderful. The service was top notch and they have a wonderful little birthday celebration for those patrons who are celebrating (inclusive of a photo souvenir). I highly recommend Morton's to anyone looking for a delicious meal, great service and a nice night out with friends.
    We visited Morton's for a special experience, and they certainly delivered. The service is extraordinarily. The lobster bisque and oysters on the half shell are wonderful. Steaks perfectly cooked. And the soufflés are divine! I highly recommend this location for every reason.
    Came here for lunch today during Restaurant Week. The last time I visited this location was in 2012. We sat at the bar area because it was brighter. The interior of the dining room is rather dark and I need to be able to see my food clearly. Our server was brisk and attentive. The manager stopped by to inquire if everything was fine. We asked that everything be brought out when ready as we were short on time. Table bread was a giant mound of brioche and came warm! I had the tomato bisque and my friend the Caesar salad. She had the shrimp scampi and I the 6oz filet mignon (medium well) with sour cream mashed potatoes. The filet was done PERFECTLY, it was so tender. For dessert, my friend had the cheesecake and I had the key lime pie (a bit sweet). We had several bites and took it to go, we were full. Our server automatically brought us the check after he served our dessert and split the bill evenly when we provided 2 credit cards. The guy was on point throughout!! There was a 3% surcharge to cover the cost of rising wages added to our bill. The first time we're seeing this dining in midtown.
    Came for RW and also belated Bday celebration. I chose this place based on the reviews, and it was a great choice. The place is large and elegant with high ceilings. We requested and received a Banquet which was roomy and had a great view of the restaurant. Staff is very friendly even if not knowledgeable of all aspects of the cuisine or wine list. Morton's serves Wet Aged, Prime Meat. I have not eaten enough dry age to compare but it was extremely tender. Wine list is large and the markup seemed to be inline with other establishments. Stuffed Olives with my Vodka is always a winner. Sides were tasty and dessert with a candle made the night.
    Anniversary dinner, also seem to come back. We arrived early and they were happy to accommodate us, dinner was excellent as usual, left happy.
    Had a group business lunch at Morton's in August 2017. The table had an interesting candle/pig (picture) and the overhead light was pleasing (picture). The salad was dressed with balsamic vinaigrette (picture). The six ounce filet was tender (picture). There was Key Lime pie was tasty (picture). [the "whipped cream" on the pie might have had some non-dairy in it?] A manager Leonard was helpful with a parking issue. Attentive service and good handling of the business details.
    I was highly excited to visit Morton's with my wife for our 10th Anniversary meal after booking online through the website. Upon arrival at the front desk I was a little miffed that we had no booking, they couldn't find it, however it was no problem, a manager took us to a table upstairs. There was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant, which was a little lost upstairs but was ok. The waiter introduced himself and was fantastic, very professional and very attentive, really top class. I ordered a Porterhouse steak and a potato side dish and my wife ordered a Christopher Chicken dish with Broccoli side to share between us. The food arrived and it looked quite nice, it's just a pity it didn't taste nice. The steak was so greasy, the flavour of the steak couldn't be enjoyed at all as it was drowned out with the horrible taste of whatever grease or oil it must have been cooked in, my plate was covered in grease. The potato side dish was awful, the potatoes where saturated in the same disgusting oil, when you pressed the fork on them they just gushed out grease! My wife ate some of her dish apart from the chicken which was the main part of her meal, it was like a piece of chicken from a cheap diner,the entire dish and the broccoli was completely swamped in garlic, there was enough garlic to do about 5 meals! As a steak lover I was really looking forward to this, after paying $185 dollars for two main courses, glass of wine and an Irish Coffee, it was highly disappointing, the worst steak I've had in a long time!! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. I will add again though, the waiting staff was excellent.
    We ate lunch here and ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. I had the Caesar salad, the 6oz filet w/mashed potatoes and the Key Lime pie. I literally had to roll myself out of the restaurant. The food was so delicious. We will definitely come back.
    Today we had the opportunity to celebrate our birthdays with a wonderful lunch at Morton's Steakhouse (NYC midtown location). From the moment we walked into the Restaurant we felt so welcomed. We decided to choose their Restaurant Week menu which was absolutely delicious. Our Filet Mignon steak was seasoned and cooked to perfection. Enjoyed every last bite!!!! The service was impeccable - Eric, our server, was personable, knowledgeable and provided us with a 5-star dining experience. Highly recommend Morton's and will certainly be returning in the near future. Thank you again for making our birthday celebration memorable!!! Marie
    My husband, daughter and I went to Morton's because we received an email special for Landry card holders. It was a Lobster Fes. My husband ordered the Filet and we ordered the Lobster Thermidor. Everything was served perfectly. Way more food then we needed. The service was great. We sat near the opening that looked into the kitchen, it was fun watching the chef making sure everything was presented perfectly. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant.
    A+++ We felt extremely well treated at Morton's. The experience was like an old fashioned high end NYC restaurant, they made us feel special and like we were their only customers (You don't get that at PL). The servers and manager fawned over my mother who was celebrating her 85th birthday, (complimentary crème brûlée)! The food... beyond delicious... more like decadent. The service perfect and the ambiance very soothing and relaxing. I've heard about Morton's all my life and now I know it wasn't hype! I will be back with friends! ps- accommodated our well behaved service dog with ease.
    Four of us wanted a quick dinner. We sat at the high top tables in the bar area. We had great service and great burgers. The server was great and and really went out of his way to accommodate us. I am not a fan of "high end" steakhouses that are part of chains but the service and the burger here was excellent . Give it a try

Similar places people viewed in New York