Mexico Lindo

Mexican Restaurant

guacamole • chicken fajitas • ropa vieja • mexican restaurant

Mexico Lindo has 20 Tips

Family run. Not your usual cookie-cutter Mexican food. All the food is a treat. Sometimes I just order several of the appetizers for dinner. Meal portions are large and filling.
    Met up with an old friend for lunch and we were shown to a quiet table in the conservatory section. On this sweltering day the frozen margarita went down really well. Richard ordered a serving of Chorinachos (not on the menu) as a starter. Superb! He then had the sizzling Chicken Fajita and I had my favourite Ropa Vieja ('old clothes' – a shredded beef dish with black beans and rice) – both excellent. Recommended.
    I love it here, its always busy and once you've tasted the food you too will know why. Its a small restaurant,bigger than it looks but they cram in a lot of covers so its a rumbustious place but fun and well worth it.
    Been a patron for over 20 years still great food and ambiance but not the same since Frankie left. He made every guest feel special and knew me by name and what I liked The ropa vieja is my go to meal and is always great
    This is a bustling neighborhood Mexican restaurant. We loved the atmosphere as well as the excellent guacamole and chicken fajitas. We will definitely return.
    The spicy salsa was sensational, it blew my head off which I quite enjoy but be warned this isn't for the faint-hearted.... the rest of the meal was really good Mexican and the jugs of margarita are plentiful and joyfully prepared. Just what we needed after a day sightseeing
    This little restaurant has some good Mexican options without being too pricey. The brunch is especially great and I've never had to wait! Most of the staff are very friendly too and offer good service. Everything I've ever had from the menu was fantastic, I've never been disappointed.
    I love coming here. In fact, my colleagues & I come here after class or projects. The food is delicious and fresh. The food is so filling. The drinks are strong, but not overpowering. Always get the guac and margaritas. Then pick whatever you want, because it's all good. I try everything. Seriously, this place never fails. The people are so nice here. It's a smaller place, but you won't care!
    This place is absolutely superb! Perfect ambience, cheap as chips and top quality menu (food & drink). Specific recommendations: tortilla soup, guacamole, pork chops and horchata. Wish I could go there right now!!! :(
    This place is irresistible. Probably had everything on the menu and never been disappointed. The owners are lovely and so is the service. The margaritas are excellent.
    Been a while. Started there over 30 years ago. Arroz con Pollo never been better than this time. Original owner's daughter runs this place very very well.
    We weren't so sure about our choice but we were pleasantly surprised. Our Margaritas were delicious as well as our fajaitias. The waitstaff had a hard time understanding English but once we all got on the same page everything worked out great. This will be a restaurant we definitely visit again.
    This neighborhood gem is the best place for Mexican food in NYC. No other place is doing farm to table Mexican like this. Don't miss the seasonal cocktails. So yummy!
    Business lunch visit. Food is ok, service was fine and prices are on the high side. Ordered the steak tacos (3) and they were decent. They do have Mexican sodas including Sidral and Jarritos. I have had better Mexican food in the city.
    A really great neighborhood place in Kips Bay. Moderate prices and fresh, delicious fare. Margaritas and a good choice of Mexican beers. We loved the burritos and enchiladas stuffed with shrimp.
    Back again to enjoy the wonderful summer sangria special, Rose with brandy and strawberries, peaches, and mint. Yum!! Go before the Rose runs out. Great ambiance and very good service. Tried the squash blossom quesedilla. It was very good. Then had the chicken fajita. There could be more chicken, but with the extra sides and tortilla we ordered, one entree was enough. I am still thinking of that rose. This a family run business, since 1972!! You ge that feeling when you go there. It's like family.
    I've been lured into this restaurant by some of the positive reviews I've read. While the staff was amicable and the appetizer very tasty, the main course was subpar and pricey wrt the neighborhood but also some other Mexican restaurants I've been to. The tacos we ordered (two different kinds) looked fresh but sadly had no taste at all. Even the Chipotle's (a mx food chain) taste better. And one of the main courses was supposed to have a tomatillo salsa and that's the reason why we ordered it. Sadly, it didn't taste like tomatillo at all.
    We arrived for dinner around 10pm and they could easily fit our table of 6 in. Everything we had to eat was very tasty and we were satisfied. From a vegetarian perspective it is a lot more limited than we had expected for a Mexican restaurant. Particularly no vegetarian tacos - a shame. The burrito was good. One member ordered a salad not on the vegetarian menu as she read beefsteak and avocado - it all came down to the placement of the comma as it was said to be a 'beefsteak tomato' (looking at the actual meal it looked a typical garden tomato (not the deep colour of the heirloom ox heart and other type tomatoes). When we asked where the beef was they explained it is the type of tomato - our mistake. A couple more misinterpretations of the menu by us but we are from out of town so maybe locals are better equipped to understand it. The specials menu has blood orange margarita - excellent; blueberry mojito - excellent. For us a late dinner and one we left with our hunger satisfied but our cravings had to wait for another day. The wait staff were ok however it may have been a case of one particular person was assigned to our table as it was so difficult to get someone to make eye contact with us and assist. We would eat here again and would clarify clearly punctuation and expectation of the meal contents before ordering.
    Enjoyed this place. It's a bit empty, which is a shame since the food really is quite good. But the prices are a bit high. Great drinks, we tried a bunch of different ones, and they were all done to perfection.
    We were using a friends co-op on 28th and 3rd for a weekend and on the first evening we decided to stroll down 2nd Ave to see what was what and where we'd eat. I was very surprised when I saw the sign for this place as I had eaten here in the 70s and didn't expect to find it still around. We decided to eat there and were not disappointed. I mentioned to the waiter my prior visits and he noted that his family has operated the establishment for over 40 years. All that we ordered tasted freshly prepared and was more than acceptable. It was in fact as good as I remembered, which was very much so. I really thought that back in the day they made one of the best chicken moles I had tasted. So I ordered the dish and it is still that good. All the prices are reasonable, specially considering the locale. We will return.

Similar places people viewed in New York