Macaron Café

Cafe

lunch • macaroons • my fav • avenue

Macaron Café has 20 Tips

Stop by with my daughter and her friend for few macarons & latte coffee. Got 12 macarons, 3 lattes, almond & plain croissants. Everything was excellent, service outstanding, nice & quiet atmosphere in upbeat New York. Loved it!!!
    Great French-style macarons, and a superb variety I hadn't had before that is filled with pistachio ice cream! Usual array of espresso drinks, some iced.
    Macaron Cafe is cramped, but cute and pastel inside, with a fun range of macaron flavors. I also got a croissant (perfectly flaky and buttery, though not quite as warm as it could have been) and a cappuccino (such a relief after a disappointing one from a nearby restaurant the morning before). Got passionfruit, earl grey, rose, violet cassis, green tea matcha, chai latte macarons to take home. The friendly girl behind the counter asked what color ribbon I wanted my box tied up in. Too cute! As for the macarons themselves - they were a mixed bag. Points for being large and fresh, with generous filling. Points off for the floral flavors tasting overwhelmingly perfume-y. Fruit and chocolate flavors seem to be the thing to order here. The passionfruit macaron was my favorite.
    Delicious. Price is what you would expect to pay for these delicacies (6 for $15; 12 for $29, etc). Makes a nice gift from NYC and many, many flavors to choose from.
    I loved the salads on Macaron's menu, as they have a yummy mix of ingredients - for example, arugula w/roasted red peppers, sliced parmesan, pine nuts, roasted red peppers and fennel. Our thoughtful waitress kept refilling our water glasses and even moved us to a small table when one became available.
    We stopped in here for some macarons to sample. Was looking for a large, fresh selection and a cute/fun place to take a rest. The selection was pretty good (as compared to others), but the atmosphere was kind of tired. It just looked like they didn't have enough space, so they just threw a couple tables in the back. The service was brisk and efficient, but no warmth. The Macarons were good - but would have liked to see a few more flavors. The price was - as usual - exorbitant for what you get. Not sure why - but Macarons shops seem to all be the same - $$$$.
    Some facts: I made an order, and two items from it were forgotten. One of them she didn't hear, the other one was included into my check with any attempt to bring it. I wonder why since I pointed the tea I asked in tea list. We came in the morning after opening, and they have jam fro crepes in menu (small paper that was easily to remove) but no jam in reality. Crepes were too greasy, other food (yogurt with granola and macarons) was fine. I definitely will never go back there since NYC has a lot to offer with normal or great service.
    This is a small cafe. Good for a light lunch, or coffee and Macarons. Price is reasonable. The tables are small, good for two people, maybe three. The special here is the macarons in many, fabulous flavors.
    A wonderful little place for a workday lunch and it will not break the bank. The salads and sandwiches are all very good and fresh. And the service is friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend it!
    I stopped in for breakfast for a bacon/egg croissant. It was good. Coffee was very good as well. The people working there were the nicest people I encountered in NYC anywhere! Fun little place with a huge display case of macarons. I would recommend!
    We had bfast for 2 and really enjoyed it - seating is a bit crammed but very cute and fun. Croisants are great. Definitely recommend. BTW, google pins this wrong on the map - look at the address instead.
    Small shop front with lots of seating inside. Consistently great service and good lunches all the time. Very relaxing atmosphere. The macaroons and coffees pairs well too. They now have a new winter menu which is a small soup & sandwich.
    A lovely café on third Avenue, when you come back from visiting Ground Zero, friendly service, lots of differently flavoured macarons, nice setting!
    As the name suggests you can gestures delicious tasty morsels, in many flavours. But you can also get sandwiches and salads. I had a tuna and avocado on multi grain. It was really fresh and really tasty Great for lunch little, trendy
    This place has the best selection and most variety of the Parisian delicacy that we've found. As usual, they are a little pricey, but the workers happily packed anything we selected into a nice gift box.
    Love the macaroons, I always stop when I am in the neighborhood. Wonderful flavors, and always fresh and delicious.
    Lovely and delicious!!! Macarons look like a rainbow And sandwichs are a mix of the best of France and Italy! Miam, miam
    Heaven could be a little friendly café like that on 3rd Avenue with a beaming with hospitality staff and incredibly soft, tasteful, mouthwatering macaroons in at least 20 different tastes. Perhaps a bit on the expensive side with 29 dollars for 12 macaroons, but once in your mouth you will not regret to have spent them...
    I really enjoyed the macarons sold by this place, really tasty and fresh. However me and my friends were treated quite bad by rude staff when we wanted to order other food. All of us agreed that the place (the staff) made us feel really unwelcomed.
    This is the sweetest find in NY that I've had in ages. The macarons are to die for. It's not just the cookie - the filling is amazing. They must have had 20 different flavors. I tried the almond (my fav - very simple, light, creamy filling), the lavender (heaven) and the orange (a bit sweet, but lovely.) All good with a spot of their specialty teas. My guest had eggs on a baguette. It looked like the best meal ever. So simple. It was anything but average. The seating tucked in the back makes this spot almost a secret find. A great place for conversation. Can't wait to go back for lunch. That menu looks amazing.

Similar places people viewed in New York City