Photo of Club Quarters Hotel, opp Rockefeller Center in New York City, NY, US
Photo of Club Quarters Hotel, opp Rockefeller Center in New York City, NY, US

Club Quarters Hotel, opp Rockefeller Center

Hotel

Club Quarters Hotel, opp Rockefeller Center24
radio city music hall • terrace club • great location • skating rink

Club Quarters Hotel, opp Rockefeller Center has 22 Tips

You'll have the best of both worlds at your fingertips: access to world-renowned Fifth Avenue shopping venues and top attractions like Radio City Music Hall, Times Square and Central Park, and a quiet respite to work and rest inside our hotel.
    Nice business hotel
    Firstly the staff were great. Got an upgrade to a room with a kitchenette- I reccomend you splurge and do the same.Thanks for being kind helpful and efficient staff. However, and no offence to the staff- I was amazed that the air conditioner just didn't work. I'd turn it to 60 degress and it would just go back to 72 (It felt hotter). The corridor was cool, but my room cooked! I sweated for 4 days, I could barely sleep. New York is hot and humid, right up until September or later. At night you need to cool off and have relief. So sadly next time I visit I will give this hotel a miss, unless it's winter. Location was great, they let me check in early, room are nice enough, bed was comfy, TV plays your Netflix, free wifi- lots of god points. (Basic rooms are a bit small).
    I've stayed at this club quarters several times for business and it is my go to spot!Central location, and fun being in the action of 30 Rock. Rooms are small (its NYC!) but clean and staff is professional and responsive. Club floor access for happy hour/breakfast is a total bonus. Special shout out to Sandy always makes me feel welcome and has gone above and beyond for me several times! Thanks Sandy!
    I stayed at the Club Quarter Hotel near Rockefeller Plaza on September 13th. I arrived around 1 and was happy to hear they had a room ready for me. It's was in the top floor and after a long morning of travel I was happy to have a place to relax a bit. The room I was assigned was extremely hot when I arrived but since it was 83 outside I was not surprised. I set the thermostat to 75 and waited for the AC to kick in. It was 78 degrees in the room and the AC fan would not kick in. I called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up to check on it. After about 15 minutes I decided there was no way I was going to wait for someone to come to fix it and went down to the front desk to change rooms. Now I have to admit I did read the previous reviews on the hotel and did read about prior issues with AC and hearing but I thought they must have dealt with these by now as some of them date back 2-4 years. Not the case. I did get a new room and the thermostat was set at 72. I like a cool room as I am used to that being from northern New England so I set the temp to about 65. Fan comes on! Great! Or so I thought. It appears that the room is set at 72 and no matter what I did ...auto fan, set temp, nothing would keep it from kicking off after 10 minutes and then warming it up to 72! Now if I was paying only $200 a night in Manhattan I would suck it up but at $400 + a night I just couldn't get over it. I sucked it up for the one night I was there and at check out I mentioned it to the front desk. No response, no comment. I am a platinum member of Marriott and a Diamond Elite member at Hilton but thought I would give this group a try. Probably will not go back which is too bad because the open Terrace for dinner and drinks is quite good and the wait staff were excellent. Steer clear of you like a cool room in hot weather. Not worth your $$
    To keep this as short and simple as possible, I am disgusted with this hotel's actions. We had booked a few nights at this hotel (we were coming up to spend a few nights in the city, go to the US Open, and make our way down to One World Trade in honor of 9/11 that weekend.) Originally from that area, so my husband and I were much looking forward to this little getaway. However, we now live in Fort Myers, Florida; therefore, we had to cancel our trip due to needing to prepare for Hurricane Irma. When I first called to cancel the reservation and let them know we would not be checking in and the reason, they advised me to call back at a later time as they weren't sure what to do with the situation. As we are starting to get some service in the area after a direct hit from Irma, I called back only for them to tell me they understand there is devastation in my area, but I would likely need to provide some sort of proof if they were able to do anything (besides my home address on the reservation, not sure what type of proof?! You can clearly see if looking up Irma that it hit Fort Myers area hard). After speaking with a supervisor, they advised they would be billing me the full amount with no refund, or not even a credit for the future. Not only do I find this response offensive, but to handle this situation with no compassion or understanding is disgraceful.
    This is located in midtown within walking distance of many of the famous sights. The rooms are fairly spacious with good air conditioning. There is a pleasant restaurant, that offers a particularly good buffet breakfast, with an outside balcony overlooking Rockefeller Center and St Patrick's Cathedral. It all adds up to a pleasant experience. I'll be back.
    Booked in at the last minute and wasn't disappointed- the room was clean and comfortable the terrace for breakfast is unbelievable looking over the Rockefler is some you shouldn't miss. The only negative is the poor elevator provision they appear to be very slow.
    Great location, fast internet, convenient room, reasonable pricing. Rooms are not lux but convenient, Standard room is goos for 2 ppl. Close to times square, Penn station. There is an awesome terrace on 7th Floor. Gym is adequate. In the room, you can wirelessly mirror your netflix on TV.
    This hotel is located in a fabulous spot. For over $300 per night I expected a bit more. The room was tiny, but they mostly are in New York so that didn't bother us. Our room was freezing cold and we couldn't get the air to stop blowing so we called down to have someone fix it. A nice young showed up but he had no idea what to do. He finally got it to stop by turning on the heat. Within the hour it was over 80 in our room. We called down again. This time they admitted defeat and unplugged it entirely. The room was so hot, we couldn't open a window. We just sweated all night. In addition the pillows were awful, no bathrobes, no magnifying mirror, and the walls are paper thin. They wouldn't change our room for 2 nights. So we just had to deal with it and sweat it out. We won't be going back.
    Basic, relatively modern room in great location at a good price. Stayed 3 nights. Reasonably quiet for where it is. Only issue was that the shower was luke warm for one morning. Staff were friendly. Guest laundry was available for use in another cq hotel 3 doors down.
    We stayed in the hotel only for two nights and had Club room. Choose the hotel mainly for its location but hotel itself was not that great. Check-in should have started at 3 pm but was not ready even at 5 pm. The air-condition too loud and old. Also we could hear the noice from the street at night (at 10th floor). The lobby area is small and insufficient and the receptionists do not care even to say hello. In the lounge terrace bar they did not have any fruit to make us cocktails.
    Our room was small but just the right size since we only were using it for sleeping. Hotel is updated with a TV that connects to your own personal phone and apps, has free water on every floor for it's guests and easy walk to Central Park, Times Square or a Broadway play. Room was well kept and we had no issues with check in or check out. Would recommend to others and would stay again.
    This hotel is perfectly located. It is a small boutique hotel. There is no real lobby. Rooms are small yet comfortable. We had 3 in a room with a queen bed and a sofa bed. The room temperature was good and we were able to keep it dark for sleeping in. There was a kitchenette. We used the refrigerator for beverages. There was free wifi and purified water on each floor. The shower didn't have great water pressure but was sufficient. There were vending machines and ice on one floor. It is walking distance to Broadway plays and Central Park. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodation. Easy to catch a cab in front of the hotel.
    I worked in Rockefeller Plaza and am put up in Club Quarters weekly. The rooms are a bit small, but the location is incredibly convenient. The staff is extremely nice, remembers you by name... and the views are beautiful.... most times my room overlooks St. Patrick's Cathedral... which is breathtaking in the evening. I haven't eaten there, but the restaurant looks nice... and the gym is adequate for a small hotel. All in all a good experience.
    The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The staff was there to help you with anything you needed. They were very warm and friendly....especially Mary! At any given time she always had a smile on her face and could answer any questions you may of had. I went the weekend of August 11, 2017. I didn't want to leave New York....actually checked out Sunday and checked back in Sunday night. Plan to go again with my sons at Christmas and definitely staying here again. No need to look any farther.
    You should stay here for the location. Club Quarters in general are dated and not as well kept as other chains. However, my room was very clean. The location is perfect and the staff is friendly, and that makes up for amenities being not as nice as other hotels. I would recommend a stay here on the location alone.
    Perfect location right in midtown. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean. Complimentary water refills. I actually really liked the bar soap they provided. The fan for the a/c in our room could have been a little more powerful. Comfortable bed and pillows. You can self park in just the next block, and it was cheaper than any other parking we've had to pay for overnight in NYC. Will stay here again!!
    Hotel is getting tired and the rooms need a revamp as the carpets are old and filthy. Staff were helpful and provided assistance with transport and directions (booked car to airport through reception). Only two working lifts for approx 21 floors so can be a wait, luckily we were on level 2 and stairs available. Room opposite the staff room but they were generally quite. No room safe for travel documents but were prepared for this. Air conditioning struggled on NYC hot days (30c+). Hotel offers water bottles and filtered water to fill on level 2, nice touch.
    CQ delivered what we expected, perfectly situated for a long weekend in NY. Clean comfortable rooms, pleasant staff and great AC which was needed during the heat wave we had. The room were quiet and the terrace restaurants was nice if not a little pricey. Decent gym.
    We needed a nice clean affordable centrally located hotel with helpful pleasant employees and a quality restaurant and the CQ was Just Right. We also stayed in there London Hotel and had the same experience.
    I was hesitant to stay at this location thinking it would be loud but it ended up being the best place I've stayed in NYC since i had my kids. Traveling with family is always tricky but CQ made this one super easy. Close to everything we were able to go for a walk nad then come back to CQ rest and go back our again. Lobby is just that, couple of people at the desk, couple of check in kiosk and couple of chairs. Once we got to our room we got quin size bad and put out twin size sofa. I called the receptionist and they switched my room with a bigger pull out bed and my 2 kids were happy and comfortable. There is a restaurant on the 7th floor that makes this hotel "IT". Service, food and omg view is awesome! We had dinner and breakfast there and they were great. Loved it and highly recommended it!!!!!

Similar places people viewed in New York City