Cipriani Downtown

Italian Restaurant

Cipriani Downtown24
pasta • cake • prosciutto • sea bass

Cipriani Downtown has 22 Tips

Reserva 13h45
    376 W Broadway New York, NY 10012 One of the hippest downtown hot spots that is well known for its scene. Celebrity guests of the restaurant include Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, and Tara Reid
    Super crowded but only which good looking people That's a place to see and be seen at the same time The service is attentive and extraordinary The food is delicious Even special requests were acknowledged by the kitchen even when the restaurant was crowded! You have to taste the homemade pasta and the ice cream
    With a well known Italian name, one could expect better food and real service. We had none. This was a real disappointment for international travellers who know their Italian food from Italy but also from Paris and London. Next time we shall stick to steak houses.
    a little snooty staff but we had a good table on the outside for out party of 6. Nicely designed and nice people eating and drinking with lots of euro fashion on display so feeling at home here. Food ok nothing to write home about.
    The food is ok but very expensive for what you get. Tyra Banks was eating here and some other old actress whose name I forgot. The service is good. The food is ok. You pay for the name and location and chance to see someone famous. Not worth the money but I enjoyed it anyway. Not a go to place but somewhere to eat once in a while.
    Starting with the fact I am Italian, and I've been eating Italian food since I was born, here I don't feel at home, absolutely. I've been waiting for my table for more than I would have had. I surely won't pass here again for having some pasta or whatever they cook! If they see you well dressed they let you sit, if not, they do not. They maybe didn't know I am a film director and singer, and they maybe didn't know how to treat me. Surely one star because I can't give zero.
    I went with my family and some friends we where 13 people, children's didn't eat much and we paid 1,250. The wine was extremely expensive comparing to other places. Now I understand why 8 waiters were serving us. It is not fair.
    For the second time we had dinner here on a recent visit to NYC. The dishes are WAY over priced for what you get. And the dishes were only mediocre at best. So many waiters most were just standing around and looking at the young women, very obviously. They tried to push dishes on us we had no interest in. Service was slow and not very attentive considering all the waiters standing around. We asked to sit outside but were placed way in the back alone for quite some time. A real waste of money!
    It is the 3rd time we've been in the Cirpiani (soho) and the staff is so kind, the food amazing, the local nice, the clients so cool,...it is an italian restaurant not cheap but worths the visit 100%. We will repeat for sure!!
    This is a place to eat with all your family! I have been going here since I was in the university and transition into being a mom of two! And they have been very welcoming and helpful with them! It definitely fills like am at home with friends! And the food is wonderful, the deserts are a taste of heaven and the coffee is to die for!
    Great brunch here, well worth it to wait for an outdoor table. The food was amazing and highly recommend the Bellinis. Will return.
    Visited Cipriani Downtown on a busy Saturday afternoon. They were very accommodating for our party of 6 with a last minute reservation. The restaurant was PACKED when we arrived, and waited a very minimal amount of time. The service was excellent, food was amazing, and if you don't get the cake and vanilla ice cream, you're just not right. Regardless of how busy they were, they didn't push us out.
    My husband and I made a reservation for lunch. As we entered the place was very busy, disorganized, and appeared in disarray. Other parties came in after us, who appeared to speak Italian, and know the manager.......they immediately got better attention then us who bothered to make a reservation. Finally got seated, and the waitress in a rush spills a glass of wine on our table and my husband....yikes!!!! Everything is overpriced, such as $16 for a Gaspacho soup which was more of a tomato purée. An other note would be the wine pour was minimal and the price quite substantial. We will not returned and will avoid Cipriani and its affiliate Harry's Bar, way to commercialized!!
    I knew the food here would be delicious, but this was seriously one of the most perfect meals I ever had. White bean soup, followed by rigatoni with sausage and peas. It was delicious and spring-inspired.
    In the heart of Soho, Down Town Cipriani offers one of the most exquisite plates a distinguished restaurant of its kind can offer. I have been dining in this restaurant since late 90's and still every time I visit NY it is on my to dos lisk. Food is excellent , service is very good , deserts are to die for. I usually have scalopine milagnaise which is one of the best I have ever tried. Nice people, very nice atmosphere. If weather permits you may be lucky to get a table outside on the pavement by the front window of the establishment. Strongly recommended !!!
    The Veal Picatta was melt in your mouth delicious and the Prawns cooked to perfection. The servers were very attentive without being obtrusive. The entire experience was amazing and oh so Italian.
    Cipriani - the name says it all. Or not. This was my third visit to the restaurant in the past few years, and always the same feeling: overrated. Yes, all the cool people still come and pack the restaurant, and the service is very good, and ambiance is there. But food is actually nothing special (except desert). Most people that say it is 5 star food have either never tasted great food or simply jump on the bandwagon of pouring compliments. Either way, I doubt Cipriani is dependent on reviews at all, they proved that they can stay around for a very long time, and that they can continue to be deemed very cool, despite being overpriced and overhyped.
    Beautiful space with amazing atmosphere... 100% Italian...All the dishes we ate were delicious.. You should visit it.
    Food is average and overpriced! Bellinis are the best in the world! I love this place for the bellinis. I need to have atleast 3 or 4. Food is nothing extra special. I recommend if you can get to go to any of the venus where they have private parties, the food is so so outstanding. Not at this restaurant! The also rush you out if your not spending $$$$$.
    Cipriani is one of the USA Restaurants from Cipriani's of fame for Harry's Bar (really a restaurant and bar) in Venice, Italy. Their risotto is spectacularly good, like Harry's Bar. The Veal Milanese was good but should have been crisper and hotter. Bellini (prosecco and peach purée) was very good. We will return.
    Great locations for those shopping around Tribeca. Amazing food and great service! Expect some celebrity sightings. Be prepared for dinner for a couple if drinking wine.

Similar places people viewed in New York