Brooklyn Diner

American Restaurant

Brooklyn Diner24
burger • cheesecake • fries • eggs benedict

Brooklyn Diner has 22 Tips

My nephew and his wife are treating their three kids to Christmas in New York. - Shrill little voices and fussy-eater demands are a cinch to handle at Brooklyn Diner. Also a favorite of grownup-children (and an advertiser).
    #getaway
    The food was just ok,prices are high. The place seemed kind of dirty. Wouldnt recommend it. Looks great from the outside but it is not worth the money.
    I always try to go to different places when I'm on holiday but this so good we went twice in 4 days!!! We breakfast here two days running and food was absolutely amazing!! The staff were brilliant and the atmosphere was great. Very busy for Sunday brunch - we were lucky to get a table. The pastrami hash and huevos rancheros were to die for. Went back the following day and went for eggs benedict with bacon and the home made italian sausage which was also amazing. Topped off with bottomless coffee it was the all American breakfast experience we'd been hoping for!!
    We were visiting from France and were told this is a very typical diner experience, it was! Our waiter was also an actor. We had a huge American breakfast that kept us going till dinner :)
    The Breakfast is worth getting up for. This place seems to be busy all morning, it's small and crowded and pretty much limited to parties of two to 4 at most. The fresh squeezed OJ is amazing. Interesting breakfast combos like " the Mixed Marriage of Irving and Maria(?)" - a Jewish /Italian fusion, or good old Blueberry pancakes, with the Brooklyn Diner flair. The polenta is worth looking for and occurs as a side on many breakfasts. The service is friendly and surprisingly prompt for how busy this spot is. This seems to be a place locals like and patronize.
    I went there for dinner so, based on the reviews, maybe breakfast is better. It has a good, diverse menu of diner favorites and some more inventive dishes. It seemed expensive for diner food although the portions are quite large. The atmosphere is typical diner - kind of cramped and a little noisy. All in all, not bad but there are better options for the price.
    Took our 6 and 8 year old here. Despite not having a children's menu they were happy to accommodate the kids. Food is pricey but not bad when you share. We sat next to the kitchen and the sound level was fine. Our waiter, Carlos was top notch!
    Visited as a party of two adults and two teenagers on our first day of a week's break in NYC. It was so good that we ate there 9 times in total. Everything we ate was amazing, but I must give a special mention to the muffin in a mug, the pancakes and .... well just about everything else! Service is friendly and super efficient. The diner is spotless and has a great atmosphere. One of the highlights of my trip without a doubt. FABULOUS!
    The Brooklyn Diner is a favourite breakfast location for my family- we went recently and really enjoyed it. The huevos rancheros were a particular highlight and the fried polenta and pomodoro sauce that comes alongside most dishes is delicious. It's a great diner experience!
    I went to Brooklyn Diner with my friend in 9/2017. We split smoked salmon bagel tower and blueberry pancakes. Both were excellent. The frehsly squeezed orange juice was amazing! Coffee was good also. Very good breakfast with a reasonable price. Will go again.
    A great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner with two locations in the heart of NYC. You have to try their famous Noodle Kugel, very good. My husband enjoyed the Cheeseburger with Hot Pastrami. The drinks are pricey but the Martina's were on point! I would visit again, we had a great server from Trinidad.
    Stumbled across this by accidentally walking down the wrong street a few nights before going in. When we were walking back from our broadway show decided to check it out. Didn't get there until after 11pm and wasn't sure if we'd be seated as they close at midnight, but they found us a seat in a cosy booth. What I imagine to be a traditional American diner had a great menu. Ordered two burgers and the chicken pot pie. The size was huge. The fries were to die for. Best fries I had all vacation. The burger was yum too. My daughter chicken pot pie was huge too. Too much for her to eat. So we shared it. That was yum too. Great find. I did find it a little expensive. Spent more here than any other restaurant and we didn't have dessert either. But it is quality food.
    The chicken soup was hot and delicious. They were able to accommodate my gluten free diet. The first restaraunt in New York to do this. Thank you. Had the Turkey Plate Which was good. The mashed sweet potato was great. Shame they don't have,Pumpkin Pie or Keylime pie though.
    I've been here before. I love the look of the place. It's not too big, not too small. Always busy. Steady stream of customers coming and going. Cosy booths to sit in. Friendly staff. Efficient service. And then there is the menu. Lots of good home style cooking with fun names for their most famous dishes, but beware as the portion sizes are enormous. Great food, great prices, but go there hungry.
    I had the pancakes, piled high with bacon, strawberry's and maple syrup which were superb. The French toast which they are famous for was also amazing. Would recommend it for breakfast without a doubt.
    Fantastic food, great variety from famous chicken soup and chicken pot pie to iconic burgers and mega hot dog Service is excellent. Our waitress Amelia was so helpful and knowledgeable
    Went here with a friend and her two little kids for breakfast. They do not have a kids menu, so she ordered pancakes,and I ordered the Sausage Benedict. We also had 2 sodas and 2 orange juices. It came to $65! That was without tip. I will say, my benedict was great...but she literally got 3 plain pancakes for 18 bucks. Staff was friendly.
    Could not get in on the first night without a 45 minute wait so came back for another go. Friendly staff and classical diner menu. Had their restaurant special of the Chicken pot which was fantastically done in a bowl with pastry top and lining. Authentic chicken and vegetables which tasted yum !! Only problem was a bit too creamy for my taste but many would enjoy it. Beers and wines OK. Had a German Riesling for something different. Quite liked it but some would say it is a sweeter wine
    I personally adore diners and this represents a tasteful example despite its location in the rather glamorous Midtown. There is a good representation of all those substantial meals that were part of the traditional menu of an American diner.
    Typical diner but a bit better, fast friendly service, the booths are best tables, cool air temperature, food is excellent
    Had a fabulous lazy lunch with my girlfriend and wanted her to have a really authentic experience of a family run Diner....staff excellent and hugely attentive, lots of menu choices, not quite set up for a vegan but the sweet potato mash and roasted broccoli were a great choice. Fabulous ambience on a Saturday lunchtime. Would highly recommend on a visit to Central Park - where you need to walk off the cake!

Similar places people viewed in New York