Photo of Bobwhite Lunch and Supper Counter in New York, NY, US

Bobwhite Lunch and Supper Counter

American Restaurant

Bobwhite Lunch and Supper Counter84.5
chicken • mac n cheese • fries • banana pudding

Bobwhite Lunch and Supper Counter has 28 Tips

fried chicken
    The full fried chicken supper, with salad and jumbo biscuit, is only $11.50, so you can afford to share a side or two and still get that overflowing bowl of pecan pie bread pudding with fresh whipped cream for dessert.
    🐥🐥🐥
    Don't miss it!
    If you're craving a meal made with love and flavors from down south, this is the place for you. Their fried chicken is brined in sweet tea, and comes with the familiar fluffy biscuit and fresh salad on the side. Get a real southern meal and take it to go!
    Cheapeats list country food
    The East Village is now officially home to the lowbrow specialty foods of New York City, and Bobwhite Counter’s trade is Southern inspired eats. They’re specifically known for their fried chicken and a mind blowing pork chop sandwich.
    Best fried chicken I've ever had in my life! Since I'm Asian I always go for dark meat vs white and their chicken is perfectly cooked not dry at all and oh so juicy and the skin! Omigahd
    Good chicken good food good music good banana pudding.......good NYC does it again. Have to come out and show some love to this place.
    Stayed in NY over Easter and this place was just up the street. First class service and great chicken and catfish, only a small place but food and beer was so good.
    This is the best fried chicken I ever had! Literally. And the mac n cheese is amazing too. The service is very friendly. The restaurant smells delicious. Not a lot of seating. Be patient. It's worth the wait. I wish I live closer. I would go all the time.
    Great chicken sandwiches and friendly staff. Smallish place with a counter bar and half a dozen tables a little out of the way on the East side but worth the trek.
    Finished NYC marathon and was looking for comfort food. Fried chicken , biscuit and macaroni and cheese fit the bill . Ended meal with banana pudding . Yum!
    The chicken is really flavoursome and delicious, some of the best fried chicken I've ever had. The catfish, biscuits, and sides were OK but nothing particularly special. Small drinks menu. Worth a visit for the chicken alone though.
    Very tasty chicken little meals at reasonable prices. On both occasions we went the servers were incredibly polite and helpful
    Bob White Lunch and Supper Counter !!! Poultry purveyor Bobwhite Lunch and Supper counter is worth your fried chicken journey in New York. Don't be confused by the name though, Bobwhite is a type of bird from Virginia. Which is also where the owner Keedick Coulter was raised. We arrived at lunch and got the 3 pieces of chicken with a biscuit and slaw. The chicken had almost no grease, was moist and the shell had a nice crunch. I tasted a sweetness and got curious about it so after a call back to the restaurant I was told that they brine their chicken overnight in sweet tea. Southern fried chicken tastes great here and I urge you to stop by and try it for yourself. These guys on youtube did a video review of this place. Just search it by searching Devour NYC Top 5 Fried Chicken.
    I'm not sure what unholy thing they are doing to their chicken but it is excellent. We were here with a finicky eater and we had to fight to get our fair share. And the sides are just as good as the chicken. It can be crowded but it is worth it.
    Perfectly cooked, delicious fried chicken, served with crunchy coleslaw and a tasty biscuit for $10. Bobwhite is a tiny little place with friendly, excellent service and super, well priced food. A gem that won't be hidden long.
    Have been eating at the new branch in the West Village. Near perfect fried juicy ungreasy chicken. Greens are tasty but the biscuits are flat and dense like they didn't rise. Slaw could be fresher. But, the chicken brings me back. Have been back several times already!
    I came here because a friend lives in the neighborhood. She had been raving about the fried chicken for the past 6 months. I finally was able to go last week and I had the fried chicken sandwich. The sandwich was extremely juicy and very tasty! However, the fries were a bit too crispy/crunchy for me. My friend had the fried chicken supper dish. Came with 3 boned-chicken pieces and a biscuit. He gave me half his biscuit and it was delicious! I highly recommend Bobwhites!
    Small place located in Lower Eastside of Manhattan. It has about 10 stools at the counter and about 3 or 4 tables. The fried chicken is their signature dish and the reason I come here also available are wings and catfish. The chicken is served by weight not by the pieces which to me is the only knock on this place. This time I only had 3 pieces with my fried chicken supper because the breast was huge. Delicious and moist. I had an order of collar greens as well and unsweetened ice tea only because I had to drive back to Westchester. The service is friendly and the place clean. I can also recommend the mac n' cheese and fried onion rings. I keep coming back here and I live in Westchester.
    Great laid back place with the best fried chicken in the city. Never had a bad meal. All the apps are also solid. Small place, friendly staff, beers on tap, great food.
    Bobwhite was our favorite southern fried chicken restaurant in Manhattan, but things seen to have changed. Not only have they removed the grits from the menu, but the collards were dry and the mac and cheese underseasoned. Biscuit and fried chicken are still very good. The grits were among the best I've ever had, so it mystifies me why they would remove this high profit item from the menu. We'll be searching out an alternative fried chicken spot...
    The most delicious fried chicken ever! We had chicken, biscuits (delicious), mac n cheese and slaw sides for lunch. The chicken was so tender moist and tasty/ Wish we could get this in the UK. Slaw was beautiful and homemade. Fast friendly service.
    After reading about Bob White's in the Sydney Morning Herald we had to experience it and we weren't disappointed. The chicken was gorgeous - 3 large pieces crunchy crispy with juicy sweet meat inside accompanied with fresh crispy slaw and biscuit. The side of hand cut fries were delicious too. Highly recommended. I want that chicken in Sydney :)
    great chicken and sides. Good wine and beer too! for the price it is hard to beat. There are better in the East Village (Root and Bone) but not at this price
    They claim to have the best fried chicken in New York. It's good but not the best. Your chicken supper comes with a biscuit and small cole slaw, their root beer definitely hits the spot with dinner. For sides, we get French fries and Mac n cheese which are always good. The service is good but they can be understaffed and seem rude but I'd definitely come back if I were in the neighborhood.

Similar places people viewed in New York