Art Bar

Bar

Art Bar64.5
west

Art Bar has 17 Tips

Go to the back room - much quieter music and comfyer couches 👌
    Great place to get bombed
    Couches and ok drinks and food
    There are a lot of reasons to make this decades-old West Village bar your drinking home this winter, not the least of which is the flame-heavy fireplace in the back room
    Cozy, old couches in the back
    Art of drinking.
    All around great spot to grab a drink and some bar food. Big open space with couches in the back and bar and tables in the front.
    We went just after happy hour on a Friday night. The place was full but not packed. The bartender and waitstaff were friendly and fast. Did not try any of the food.
    met freinds here on 1st visit to NY, very cool place, great music, sensibly priced all in all a great experience.
    I recently met up with a friend at Art Bar for a few drinks and this is a great place to kick back with a few friends or get cozy with your main squeeze. The ambiance in the back room is great with plush velvet couches lining the walls, high ceilings, brick walls covered in velvet drapes and a fireplace roaring in the middle! If you are looking for a low key spot to get close to your mate, seriously consider art bar. Happy hour was unitl 7. Drinks were good, food was normal, nothing to write home about, but you don't really go for the food Check it out in the west village before moving on to another spot to keep your night going!
    Came here with a large group of friends and received great service! This is such a cozy bar with lots of couch space and decently priced drinks.
    This place is so neat and cozy. The way it's set up is the coolest part, very laid back, and round tables so there's no awkward seating. There's a back room for a more intimate experience. The drinks and food are well-priced. I recommend the dumplings. Only good things to say about Art Bar, especially recommend if going with only one friend or a boyfriend/girlfriend. Staff is friendly and decor is nice. Dark but not too dark.
    The back room is where it's at. Cosy couches, a fire and that big mural painting on the wall. Cheap & strong cocktails, the Pink Lemonade & Pearadise were favourites. The cajun shrimp & vege nachos were yummy bar snacks.
    good homey comfortable spot for beverages with friends. head to the back and grab a sofa (the front area by the bar gets packed and has minimal charm). and don't bother with the food menu -- to many good restaurants in the neighborhood to waste a meal here...
    It's a nice and cosy place. Comfortable sofas to sit on, art pieces hanging from the walls. Pretty cheap and strong cocktails. They could taste a little better, but you won't get that much alcohol for such a low price in very often in Manhattan
    I actually haven't been to Art Bar in some time, but when I worked in NYC, this was my go-to place for after-work on a Friday night. It doesn't look like much when you first walk in, and I understand how this could be a turn-off for some people. However, in the back, there's a nice cozy lounge area with a very rustic feel. This is the spot where you can really enjoy sipping on a nice fruity or chocolatey martini! I did have the food a handful of times - it is good, but nothing outstanding. In my opinion, it is best to go for drinks only and maybe a snack, not a full dinner. Oh, and another thing I love about this place is the music - they tend to play a lot of modern rock/alternative music (think Depeche Mode, The Cure, New Order). As a tremendous fan of that type of music, I can't help but to love this place even more! I highly recommend Art Bar if you're looking for a laid-back sort of bar/lounge - next time I go to NYC, I am so going to Art Bar again!
    Art Bar actually exceedd expectations. It is maybe one of two dive bars left in the West Village. (I used to be a fan of the dive bar but was forced by age to frequent more mainstream establishments.) My friend suggested we meet here. I had walked by it hundreds of times but never went in until last night. 4 to 7 pm Happy Hour every day. Yippeee! We had the house Chardonnay which was more than drinkable. The menu looked pretty decent though we did not eat. 4 glasses of wine $13.10 plus tip.

Similar places people viewed in New York