Zucker Bakery

Restaurant

bagels • cookies • stumptown coffee • new york

Zucker Bakery has 15 Tips

かわいいカフェでした。シナモンロールが有名のようで、ロールと、コーヒー、サラダを食べました。結構ボリュームもよく、昼ごはんとして満足いく内容でした。おしゃれで気に入りました。
    Recently, stumbled upon this adorable bakery! Cute, simple decor, with a fresh twist of yester year! Amazed at the mere size & simplicity of this luscious little marvel of a place, as it is bursting with flavor! The atmosphere reminded me of sitting in my own Nana's kitchen assisting her, as she panned up her own version of lemon squares! The staff was so pleasant! The case display tempted my pallet to purchase one of each offered cookie! Needless to say, each sturdy decadent sweet treat was pure baking perfection! Zucker Bakery is a must stop! spot!!
    On a recent trip to the lower east side we were searching for the best Rugelach in the city; this small, out of the way bakery has a variety of baked goods including highly rated Rugelach. My daughter was looking over my shoulder as I was rating this place a "3" and objected, so I'd say a 3.5 is more accurate. I found the dough to be heavier than I prefer, and the filling sweeter. The Babka gets more kudos, so maybe I'd try that next time. Others in my family did like the Rugelach, so maybe it's me. Not really close to much else in the neighborhood, so I'm not sure I'd go out of my way again.
    I am so lucky my son lives across the street from this mini-bakery. He brings pastry to me when he visits. This is not a typical bakery, the pastry selection is small and nothing is overly sweet. Don't come here with something in mind to buy unless you have been here before. BUT, each item is so delicious, I love the date or the poppy seed fillings. The rugelach are rich and made the traditional way.
    I came here to try to babka roses after hearing that they were supposed to be amazing. They were fine, but in my opinion nothing too special. I wonder if the regular babka would have been better. I got a chocolate and a cinnamon rose. They were alright. Didn't blow my mind. Okay flavor. A little dry. I also got a lemon shortbread bar and a honey ginger cookie. The flavors in the lemon bar were intense. I couldn't eat the whole thing. The honey ginger cookie tasted more like a molasses ginger cookie but was good. Over all, if I came back, I would try the regular babka and see how that measures up to some of the great babka places in the city.
    Just bought a delicious Babka, just so worth the detour- I love this place always and the treats they serve are great!!!
    Freshly baked bread, tasty pastries, delicious toasts and friendly staff. You have to visit this for coffe and brunch/lunch. When the sun is shining, take a seat outside.
    We had read great reviews for Zucker Bakery so we made a trip yesterday to pickup one of the highly touted CHOCOLATE BABKAS. We were totally disappointed no chocolate flavor very flat tasting and soggy, not to mention highly over priced. If had been good it would have been expensive but as it was so bad it was a total ripoff. To be honest not worth eating.We grew up in New York we know what a Babka should taste like, this is not that.
    Was strolling East Village after a visit at the best barber in town and bumped into Zucker.... Wow, their pastries and bundt cakes are one of the most incredible creations I had this side of the Atlantic. So much taste of homemade things your grandma or mother used to Donald just amount of sugary deliciousness. Worth to go to and the staff is super friendly and coffee nice too!!! Trust me, make the detour to them!!
    Excellent bagels and soups. Vegan choices, free newspapers clean toilets, great choice of fare, staff friendly and helpful
    This bakery is a place that you will want to visit when in New York. With crazy good baked goods and amazing Stumptown coffee, food that will make your mouth water, and great service. Not to mention the place. A cozy shop that you will always feel at home at. If your in New York stop by! You will want to come back.
    So exciting to finally have bagels in New York! We all chose the traditional salmon with cream cheese and were not disappointed. Although the bakery is quite tiny with regards to the seating area, we were luck enough to get the window table where we could sit and enjoy our bagels.
    Fresh , unique with lots of variety . Roses , cookies , loafs and even fantastic light lunch ! Add a great stumptown coffee and you all set .
    This is a lovely little shop next to Tompkins sq park, with excellent home made patisserie, a choice of tea, hot chocolate and a quiet gentle athmosphere. Newspapers are available, as well as free wifi. We had tea and cakes, a quick pause in the autumn cold.
    Go with The Traditional. Great bagel! We were a little shocked at the price, but it is NY. We'll be back!

Similar places people viewed in New York City