Photo of Lemon Ice King of Corona in Corona, NY, US
Photo of Lemon Ice King of Corona in Corona, NY, US

Lemon Ice King of Corona

Restaurant

Lemon Ice King of Corona14.5
italian ice • lemon ice • watermelon • spaghetti

Lemon Ice King of Corona has 21 Tips

For over 60 years the "Lemon Ice King" has been making Italian ice into an art form by squeezing cases of lemons and oranges to get the true taste in his production of Italian ice.
    a month ago
    It had been years since I visited the Corona area of Queens. After a fabulous dinner at Parkside we make a quick stop for Italian Ice. We selected pints of Pistachio, Coconut, Coffee and Lemon. The ices are as good as they ever were. Full of natural flavor and bits of coconut and pistachio. The lemon ice even had lemon pits in it. Now that’s authentic. Coffee ice was boldly flavored as an iced cup of coffee. So glad some things never change, well the price of course, that was a sticker shock. $7.00 for a pint was steep but worth every spoon.
    As a fan of the show had to go see this place in person. About a fifteen minute walk from our hotel. The neighborhood you walk through is very much Queens to get there. Lots of variety of flavors and very very good. Brain freezes are free. If you watch the show you gotta go.
    Every trip to NY we ALWAYS stop and visit.....no matter what the temperature. There's just something about it that's addicting. Even if you're full, there's always room for Lemon Ice King!
    This is the greatest place to visit get your ice and walk across the street to watch the bocce ball games. You feel like you are in Italy. We always start at the Parkside first to have dinner!! This is our best stop on the way to southampton!!
    Creamy ice and friendly service. Great flavors to choose from and different sizes but no mixing flavors.
    Got both cherry and lime. Perfect Italian ice. Reminds me of the stuff we used to get in Philly as a kid. Service was quick. Highly recommend.
    The Italian ices at this iconic NY establishment are the real deal. The ices are creamy and flavorful just as they should be. Once you've indulged in the classic lemon ice, be sure to branch out into the other numerous flavors. Caution: No flavor mixing allowed.
    Despite having lived in Queens for about 15 years, I tried this place for the first time last month. The main reason I waited so long to try The Lemon Ice King is because it is not near a subway station and I was just never in the neighborhood before. I had a small cherry vanilla and a small pineapple Italian ice, and my wife had a small pistachio and a small coconut. We really enjoyed them all, although I preferred the pineapple and my wife liked the coconut best. This was the best Italian ice I ever had, superior to what you get at Uncle Luigi's. The only issue here is size: their small is really small and even medium is smallish. But the prices are okay: $2 for a small, $3 for medium, $4 for large and $5 for largest.
    The best Italian ice you will ever have try the peanut butter ice or another favorite of mine is vanilla chocolate chip it's amazing
    On the list of places to visit in Queens. So many flavors to choose from. Pina Colada was delish, orange/vanilla was like a creamcycle and the kid enjoyed cotton candy. Best ice since 1944.
    I can say the person who waited on me Sunday morning not very friendly. Maybe a line for regulars and a line for us stupid tourist. This is a must go to place.When I went back Monday full staff everyone was great. Lemon ice is the BEST. Great taste, major brain freeze because I was eating it so fast. Really good fresh Italian lemon ice. But being fresh some what expensive for a working family man. I did take a 2 tubs back home to Pa. to share with my little Italian mother. Bummed Doug or Karrie not there but maybe next time. Did see Spence, Danny and Deacon. Walk down a block in the park to play boccee or sit at the table and play chess with Arthur.
    As usual the ices were the best you cannot resist the refreshing flavor of your favorite ice very friendly and very clean
    Spent a day with family at the hall of science nearby so we had to stop. I wanted my daughters to experience a unique Queens iconic spot. A very large selection makes choosing difficult. We decided upon coconut, grape, sour apple and I was traditional and went with lemon. All were solid choices. My daughters loved it.
    Was there twice, had 2 flavors and sampled others more exotic ones - as said, nothing special. "nuff said!
    Must have when in the area!!! They have a bunch of different flavors which are all very good but I go after the namesake- lemon ice!!! When you see the local FDNY guys lined up outside you know it's good!
    When ever I return to Queens, a stop to get ices is a must. The choices are amazing. The product is fresh and the staff friendly. My favorite is rum raisin. They have flavors from apple to vanilla choc chip and dozens in between. There are sugar free options as well.
    Lemon Ice King never gets old. I took a friend for her first visit here and she loved the coconut flavor and cherry flavor. Most, if not all flavors have real fruit in them ! Amazing.
    I've tried Ralph's and Pesos(Bayside) (they are good), but nothing like Lemon Ice King of Corona. Their ice is smooth and some chunks of ice and it doesn't taste artificial in their flavor ices. Maybe because they still use paper cups and its taste better. But overall, you need to try this place to compare.
    With so many choices of ices, it's difficult to pick a flavor. The ices are always fresh. Rum raisin is my favorite! The long lines and limited parking is worth the trouble. This place is top of the ices heap!
    It seems that this establishment has been here forever. They have every flavor of ices that U can think of. The service is always good & the prices are reasonable. It's always a nice cool down on a hot summer day.

Similar places people viewed in Corona

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods