L&B Spumoni Gardens

Italian Restaurant

L&B Spumoni Gardens94.5
sicilian pizza • spumoni • square pizza • ice cream

L&B Spumoni Gardens has 29 Tips

The pizza is Dynamite!! Probably can put 6 slices away. They have great spumoni and Italian ice selection. Atmosphere is good too not to far from the cyclones stadium so I'll stop by
    The Sicilian pie; timeout 2016
    this is the place with the inside out pizza!!
    1 Like
    Instead of waiting in an hour long line for grumpy service at Di Fara, enjoy Brooklyn's actual best pizza (maybe) with a square slice here.
    Of course. Come on.
    Summer nights bring thick Brooklyn accents, a unique Sicilian-esque square pizza, and spumoni, a creamy frozen dessert that's caught between ice cream and Italian ice.
    Not sure sauce gets better than this
    Candy-sweet tomato sauce is generously slathered over tall, doughy rectangles, finished with squares of melted mozzarella and zippy strands of Parm.
    1 Like
    Spumoni Gardens. Enough said.
    During the hot summer evenings in Brooklyn when I was a 5 y.o wearing PJ's, my Dad would drive our family to the Spumoni Gardens for some of the best Brooklyn take out pizza and spumoni; my mother who didn't eat cheese always ate our pizza crust. Fast forwarding to 2017 when my husband and I were visiting our daughter before a large international trip, we wanted to treat the extended family of nieces, nephews, little ones, and sister in law to a dinner somewhere. After much deliberation my nephew recommended the Spumoni Gardens. The restaurant was as busy as I remembered and after 45 minutes we got into the dining room. Then it felt like we were transformed into a setting inTuscany on a Sunday night with families throughout the restaurant enjoying huge portions of incredible meals. Mine was the best lasagna I have had in decades. I had told the waiter that we were celebrating two birthdays in case they gave a small piece of cake to share at the table. Instead came two huge platters of the most beautiful gelato, cones, cake and sprinkles. Although we were all taking home boxes of left overs, we found room for this celebratory sharing! There was much laughter, joy, photos and great memories for all!
    I visited in an isolated way (with a tour group) so I cannot comment on the restaurant service etc - but I can comment on the food. It was hot and amazing! Had a standard Sicilian (2 slices with the tour i did) and it was everything it was meant to be. Afterwards I tried the spumoni (can't go to a place renowned for it and not try what it is), Not as creamy as ice-cream/gelato but still tasted good to me! Winner! :D
    We stopped by and ordered a Sicilian pie. It was fun to eat on the patio. The experience was memorable...the food not so much. We also had some Spumoni....also not all that.There are so many better places in Brooklyn....but nothing that will give you this memory.
    I have been going to Spumoni Gardens for 20 years. Always the best pizza in New York. Try eating in - the menu is fantastic. All of the pasta dishes are superb. Bring the kids!
    When I attended Brooklyn College in the 1960's, my classmates from Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge brought me on a "pilgrimage" to their favorite pizza place, Spumoni Gardens. We each bought a piece (or two) of crispy, soft delicious Sicilian Pizza and ate out on the picnic tables outside. I was impressed. Last year, I went again with some of those same friends. We ate inside in the gaudy dining room filled with the locals. There was a lot more classic Italian food (full menu of pasta, starters, main dishes, pizza and desserts) on the menu besides pizza. Go for the great food. Go for the local color. Just go. Fuggedaboutit.
    very good deep dish pizza with the sauce on top of the cheese. Place has good atmosphere and very family friendly
    The is no contest! L&B is hands down the best squares in all of NY. But the food at the restaurant is quite good too. The pasta dishes can feed 2/3 people. The salads are interesting and also large portions. Don't forget the Spumoni! You must try the rainbow Spumoni. It's the perfect end to a meal.
    Fantastic deep dish Sicilian style square pizza and super delicious Spumoni ice cream. If I had to pick a last meal...this might be it. Fahgedaboudit.
    It's been a really long time since I have had pizza from Spumoni Gardens. Their pizza is delicious especially the sauce. A lot of the pizza crust tends to be burnt but it is still good. My only complaint is that the sicillian slice is very small for the price of $2.75. The spumoni ice cream is also delicious. If visiting Brooklyn you must try the pizza and spumoni. Just writing this review I wish I had some more pizza and spumoni!!
    I won't forget this place in a hurry. Travelled from Long Island City to sample this pizza at lunch time. Simple and delicious. To an outsider, it was difficult to know what to order..?? I felt guilty holding up the que whilst deliberating about what type of lemonade to choose. Fast and Furious food again in NYC even though it was Brooklyn. The pizza was simply delicious and we had to go back for seconds once we had figured out what to order. The stream of steady customers was testament to how good this place is.
    The pizza here is awesome and tastes so good, ices are still great also...I brought my kids here to taste the pizza because I came here all the time as a teenager.
    A friend and I had dinner at L& B the other day. Some of the best Sicilian pizza you will find. It is a well deserved legendary pizzeria.
    I'll admit it. I grew up here. And now that I live 55 miserable miles away, I miss the place. As our old H.S. hangout (Lafayette) we didn't appreciate it -- since pizza was to us, the "fast food" of our generation (we predate places like icky McDonald's). It was no surprise that when a dear friend, whom I hadn't seen in 47 years (really) decided to meet here for lunch one day in May, I jumped at the chance. I'm grateful for everything they do here. The restaurant service was excellent. Extra bread (not that we needed it); a free wine pour; meticulous attention to our somewhat messy table; and they brought the pizza in to the restaurant that I'd ordered to take home. Yes, it remains the best pizza in THE World. Plus, their spumoni is spectacular. Save room for dessert and savor every intense calorie. We did lunch, dinner is also wonderful; prices are absolutely on par with what they should be for a "Brooklyn by the Beach" location -- and it won't tear a hole in your pocket. All red sauce dishes are as if your nanna had made them with her loving hands after she paddled you with the wooden spoon for dipping the Italian bread heel into the "gravy". I can't say enough wonderful things about L&B.
    Great place for indoor or outdoor dining. Pizza is excellent. Great hot sandwiches and Italian food. Don't leave without trying the Spumoni! If you're a lover of peanut butter, try the peanut butter ice cream - best I've ever tasted
    Had an enjoyable dinner in the outer dining room on a busy, weekday summer evening. Fortunately little/no wait, but understand that weekend lines may be much longer. Little "atmosphere", but that's not why we were there. Roasted artichokes stood out as appetizer (great sauce). The broccoli rabe & sausage fusilli was fine, as was the (huge) eggplant sicilian dish. Go because it's comfortable & unfussy, and if you enjoy good food served in portions that will surely leave you satisfied. We would definitely return.
    Spumoni was superb, Sicilian pizza was very good as well. Highly recommend a visit here. Indoor and outdoor seating, did not seem to have a waiting time to get into restaurant.
    My husband has been taking me to L&B for over 30 - it is still the same in just about every way! Love the square pizza, its the best! The spumoni is creamy and delicious! Love sitting outside in the warmer weather, enjoying a slice or two and then topping it off with spumoni. Have only dined in the restaurant once, which was very good too. The memories here are three generations deep for our family. We enjoy it there so much, we make random trips there from our home in Smithtown (about an hours ride). Go, enjoy for yourself and make some of your own memories! You wont regret it!
    Place was absolutely packed on a Saturday afternoon, but let me tell you it was worth the wait! We shared a large pizza between 5 of us and it was to die for. Authentic flavors and flare, we can't wait to come back with our family and dine here again. I was a little disappointed with my pistachio spumoni, but maybe because the pizza was so good I didn't have space to enjoy the cold sweet treat!
    I was visiting NY last July and my cousins talked me about L&B... so I tried! Pizza is wonderful and the place very lovely and friendly. Everything seems really Italian and I loved it!
    Worst time ever. Waited 90 minutes and no food. Several other tables arrivedafter us received their meals. When we complained, the manager argued as if it was our fault. Will never go back.

Similar places people viewed in Brooklyn

Browse Italian Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods