Heavy Woods

Restaurant

Heavy Woods54

Heavy Woods has 12 Tips

This is a bar, but restaurant Tchoup Shop shares the space inside. Great New Orleans Cajun / Creole menu. Good for brunch or dinner. They serve Abitas beer (a New Orleans tradition) here!
    lol ned
    the bar
    Outdoor dining and drinking
    1 Like
    Heavy Wood is giving me life at 11:30AM in Bushwick. If you need a pick me up or great conversation this is the place. Also love me some Shrimp n Grits from here !! All the Cajun FEELS!!!
    we had a good feeling about this place with the amount of people going in and sitting outside today (an especially warm Saturday in February)... and it did not disappoint! Friendly service and full of casual locals. The brunch cocktails looked lovely, but we just stopped in for a feed (conveniently close to Wyckoff Heights Med Center). I had the creole spiced shrimp & grits with bacon & mushrooms -soo tasty. Hubs had the crispy chicken biscuit with cilantro & pepper jelly, which he devoured. We will def go back - recommend.
    When I think of Brooklyn, I think of hipsters, tattoos, art and local bars/restaurants serving fresh drinks and good food. This place sums it up (although you'll have to know where it is because there's not much signage out front). The drinks are refreshing. As I sat at the bar and chatted with the bartenders (who are friendly and hilarious), I watched the bar-back (a young red-headed man with tattoos and a beard) cutting fresh fruit, squeezing fresh juice for the bartenders and restocking glasses. The bartenders entertained customers, made drinks garnished with kiwi slices and fresh squeezed juices. I ordered a margarita on the rocks (excellent) and a vodka on the rocks; plenty to choose from. There's a buzz in the bar area (and more seating in the back). They have a well stocked bar and the New Orleans inspired food is great (although I didn't eat this time). I didn't realize that they serve coffee/breakfast, so I will be back to try those.
    This is mostly a place to drink, but it has some decent food. For food, I would go during the day, and sit outside (the bar can get a little crowded). At night its better for drinking since this place gets super packed, and the menu is limited (also not vegan friendly).
    Posto molto carino in un quartiere poco conosciuto ma sorprendente per la quantità di locali che vi stanno nascendo. Locale dall'atmosfera molto spartana ma accogliente, personale simpatico e buon cibo. Ci ho preso un paio di volte il brunch e sono stato molto soddisfatto. Ottimo anche per una birra o un drink al bancone del bar!
    ...get to Bushwick. We've eaten here about 3 or 4 times, which is about all my diet can handle. The food is indulgent but worth it. We love the catfish po-boy and the chicken biscuit. Sweet, spicy, sticky goodness. They've also got a good drink selection at a fair price for the neighborhood. We were stoked to see the opening of the backroom on our last visit. The added space and bar made for a comfortable lunch. On most visits, we've been less than impressed with the service -- but our last visit was a total change. Friendly. Welcoming. Smiling. We hope there's more of that to come.
    Tried the tea and beer. Both are pretty cheap. 2.5 for tea and 4 for beer. The people seems ok. Neighborhood bar.

Similar places people viewed in Brooklyn

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods