Gueros Brooklyn

Mexican Restaurant

tacos • picadillo • frozen margaritas • outdoor seating

605 Prospect Pl
Brooklyn, NY 11238, US

Gueros Brooklyn has 8 Tips

This place was a tight space but the food was so good. The margaritas were not the best I had but good enough for a good drink with my food. A great hang out spot at night. A bit noisy but worth the visit.
    Nice place to go on a sunny morning since there is outdoor seating (limited however). Service is fast and friendly. We got the breakfast tacos but found that they were a bit soggy and somewhat under-seasoned. Not terrible, but far from the best breakfast tacos we've ever had.
    Service was quick and accurate, the food was absolutely delicious! Definitely try the fresh queso and chips! Also they offer margaritas frozen or on the rocks
    Went there at 530 on a Saturday and surprisingly got a table. Got the steak and picadillo tacos. Steak wrapped in flour tortilla had good flavor and really liked the picadillo with it's crunchy shell. Overall good but the size of tacos were small and for the price you dont get much.
    Who: me + 1 What: shrimp tacos...Delish as usual, they're my second fave, my fave are the avocado mmmmm When: 10:30p-ish Where: carry-out vs. outdoor seating because of the parking situation Why: no tasty tacos at Brooklyn Beso How: car (double parked) Bathroom: small but typically clean Service: prompt, there's usually a line though. Ambiance: Simple, medium noise level Bottom line: I come here pretty much every 3 weeks or so, so yeah, I completely recommend it especially for late night munchies and a good vibe. Get the frozen margarita. You'll thank me later ;)
    We have been going to Gueros on the regular for years now, and while it's certainly gotten busier and more popular as the neighborhood has grown, it still remains consistently one of the best Tex-Mex style joints I've ever been to. (Including some of the more infamous Austin taco places!) Beware of their frozen margaritas for they are strong and delicious, and be sure to order a pile of nachos to share. You can also add any of their delicious house prepared meats on top - the carnitas is our favorite. Their standout tacos for us include the picadillo (ground beef in a crunchy shell), chorizo and blackened catfish. The fried avocado tacos are also awesome, and their breakfast tacos on the weekend are worth the trek too. Only trouble these days is finding a spot to sit - the restaurant is almost always packed and management doesn't do much to keep the tables turning over, especially outside. We try and avoid typical dinner hours and show up early on the weekends to get our fix!
    I have gone to Gueros a few times . I am not tequila fan . I don't like margaritas but I decided to give it a try . I am glad I did ! I loved them ! I get them on the rocks , I prefer it over the frozen margaritas . Now , As far as the tacos .... Delicious !!!! I've tried the avocado and jalapeños , the veggie taco , and the shrimp taco . My favorite is between the veggie and the shrimp . My boyfriend ordered the steak which was good too . My friend ordered the blackened fish , also delish . They are roughly about $4 a piece which is pricey . The bill adds up quickly but as a treat once in a while , worth it ? Heck yea ! Parking is a pain though and the wait time is long sometimes . They have outdoor seating for the summer , not a lot though . The place is small so inside the seating is also bleh . I don't mind the wait though . Give it a try !
    Just the perfect taco you need after a heavy Saturday night. Serves the best breakfast taco until 4pm every Sunday. Limited seating and always busy, but food is great.

Similar places people viewed in Brooklyn

Browse Mexican Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods