Photo of Four & Twenty Blackbirds in Brooklyn, NY, US
Photo of Four & Twenty Blackbirds in Brooklyn, NY, US

Four & Twenty Blackbirds

American Restaurant

Four & Twenty Blackbirds114.5
pies • apple pie • pie shop • salted caramel

Four & Twenty Blackbirds has 31 Tips

The salty honey pie is a must!
    Sister-owned bakery Four & Twenty Blackbirds is offering 3 slices (warning: they're giant) of pie for just $14 all day tomorrow. [Photo]
    Everything here is great. Not a disappointing item to be found.
    3 Likes
    PIE
    Salty Honey and Buttermilk Chess pies! Was tough to find a spot, but got lucky
    Some of the best pie EVER
    Coffee and pie oh my!
    Seasonal. This should be on every to-do list
    Pies!
    Best pie in the city
    Great in any weather, but it's such an amazing feeling to sit inside while it's pouring/snowing out there
    I've had four different pies made at 4&20, and 3 of them were magnificent and 1 was just OK. The great ones: salted caramel apple, bittersweet chocolate pecan,and rhubarb crumble! The just OK one: lemon chess (really custard). A slice is $5.75, with whipped cream an extra 75 cents. There's good coffee, too—which is $2.50 a cup, with free refills in house. And there's free wi-fi, and lots of seats and tables.
    I've read about this place previously and I was gifted their book last year so I had to visit. The pies are really tasty but a tad sweet for someone used to more moderate levels of sweetness. The staff was okay the day I visited.
    During our recent visit, went to the Brooklyn library location to get the pies. They were out of the salted caramel apple pies!! Had the honey and it was delish!! Went to the pie counter in Dean Street. Very quaint. Very cute. The staff was kind and courteous. The salted caramel apple pie was the BEST. Had to take some home! We even tried the matcha pie and that was fabulous as well. The crust was perfect!
    We've been going to Four & Twenty for years, and we love the pies at the 3rd Ave location. We were in lower Manhattan today, and went to a cafe JUST to have Four & Twenty's pie. We brought friends who'd never been before and bragged about how great the pie is. I don't know what happened, but something got lost in translation. It tasted like a grocery store pie. A cheap one. It was a salted caramel apple pie, but I tasted no salt, no caramel, and very little apple. F-. Horrible experience, horrible taste. At least the wait staff at the cafe was nice.
    The pats are wonderful with crust as good as I ever had anywhere. There are a wide variety of types but go with the special flavor. , you will love it. I find that taking out is a better choice than waiting for service which can be tedious at times. The secret is that the sisters are pros do the pies are great but the service staff is not. For great pies go here
    Heavenly pies. The chocolate chess and sweet honey in particular. Really sad they didn't have their famous pecan but oh my lord I would go back to Brooklyn just to stop in and grab a few slices of their pies.
    Walked here from Times Square (made a few other stops too) and had the salted caramel apple pie. Tasted so good with the whipped cream, and I usually hate whipped cream. I thoroughly recommend this place if you're a pie fan or have their cookbook and love their recipes! Super yum!
    The pies are creative and fresh. Worth the trip. Some of the best pies I have eaten. Tried Rhubard Crumble, Matcha, Lemon Chess, Nectarine Blackberry....
    Really fantastic spot for pie. Fresh, seasonal ingredients. Service is a little snarky but pie is so incredible you don't even care.
    Another place that's been on tv that is not worth all the hoopla. Drove to the place purchased an assortment of different pie slices, not too impressed. Best was the Honey sea salt, the other types of pie were pretty much forgettable.
    If you are in the area I would recommend stopping at the Brooklyn Public Library location and try a slice or two or four of their pies. We tried the Salted Caramel Apple, Lemon Chess, Black Bottom Oat, and Salty Honey. I think the overwhelming favorite was the Salted Caramel Apple.
    After an afternoon of walking around the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, we hopped in a car to head to Four & Twenty Blackbirds for a few slices of pie and some coffee. With sun streaming through the windows of this airy pie shop we found a spot at on of the big communal tables and relished every but. Flaky crust, delicious filling of the Malted Chocolate Pecan and the Rosemary Honey Shoofly with lovely dollops of fresh whipped cream and a Great latte. Nice vibe and a way to rest for a bit. The world needs more pie.
    We've been here a few times and have always been satisfied. The atmosphere is inviting and the food amazing. The girls behind the counter although very polite, were curt and stand offish, hopefully it was just a harried moment, the pies are always delicious, but a smile would have made it more enjoyable.
    I purchased the Salted Honey Pie for our Thanksgiving dinner at relatives. There were 2 other pies there, the renown Steve's Key-lime and a homemade pumpkin. Everyone went bonkers for this pie!
    The pies here were absolutely delicious! I had the apple and salted caramel pie with fresh whipped cream and my boyfriend had the bourbon and pear crumble pie - both incredible!
    The pie was delicious I went for the a classic apple, but got a honey rhubarb spritzer. Everything was delicious. Great atmosphere, friendly staff.
    Every time I have eaten here I have never been disappointed. Their pies are amazing: the crust is perfectly moist and crispy. The fillings are equally decadent and fresh. Come here for the Brown Butter Pumpkin Pie and the savory hand pies!
    Delicious! Worth every penny! It's a bit off the beaten path, but it definitely delivers and is worth the walk.
    Shared a slice of pie and whipped cream at the Brooklyn Library location. It was good, maybe a little too sweet. Great that they have a counter here.
    We really enjoyed our buttermilk chess and salted caramel apple pieces of pie. The buttermilk chess was great. The salted caramel apple was very good, but we did not taste much of the salt and it was not exceptional.

Similar places people viewed in Brooklyn

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods