Beast Of Bourbon

BBQ Joint

Beast Of Bourbon24
brisket • beer list

Beast Of Bourbon has 16 Tips

Live music, BBQ and frozen cocktail flights in a Brooklyn warehouse. Round up a group for  RFN. ($12, 4.5oz of 3 frozen cocktails + a whiskey shot, 347-789-9901)
    On Feb 26th, Beast of Bourbon is doing a BBQ beer pairing with Boulder Beer Company! Four Boulder beers along with delicious smoked meats. Come prepared--this place is known for their BBQ!
    We have visited this place a few times on trips to Brooklyn. The bar is very cool, but the quality of food and service is poor. It seems as though the food has been baked and not smoked. The pulled pork sandwich was slathered in sauce but the meat was still dry, as if it had been overdone. The ribs were also dry and tough, with no visible smoke ring or smoke taste. Chicken wings were actually pretty good, crispy with decent heat. The loaded baked potato arrived cold, and even the ceasar salad was dry(!). The angry mac side is merely mac&cheese with Frank's red hot. The food took 90 minutes to come out and was not worth the wait. There are games to play while you wait. If you are going for drinks only this would be a great place. I like the atmosphere and vibe, but the food part is a failure.
    We ordered a platter of meats and it arrived like an hour later. Food sucks; bbq's are all dry. Service is horrible. Keep away from here.
    I got a Groupon for this place as it sounded interesting. Low key but a great vibe everything we tasted was juicy and flovorful. Great BBQ sauces too, to go along with their very respectable beer selections.
    Younghister vibe the place was almost empty at seven on a Saturday night, we ordered the three ribs with pulled pork brisket with angry cheese and sweet potato fries, the food was not ok
    Queue at the hatch and place your order, take your number find a seat and then head to the bar for a beer... it's pretty easy! The food was pretty good. The brisket and beans and collard greens were both really good. We sat in the outside rear courtyard which on a summer evening was nice. I imagine it gets pretty busy. bar has a good selection of beers. I was on antibiotics so not drinking. My one negative was why I couldn't get a large iced water? I was buying food, I couldn't drink a beer.. I don't drink soda? Was it too hard to get an iced water... yes apparently so.....
    came in for a pound of brisket and some happy hour drinks.. were presented with tokens that we were told to use to get our free drinks.. came up at 8.20 to get our drinks after dinner.. and was told flat out that they don't accept them after 8pm.. they knew we were tourists and had never come in before.. you would think they would of let us know their rules as they handed over the tokens.. poor service.. more of a dive bar then anything else.
    We went on a slow eve but had a good time. The beer list was good and so was the food. Didn't go for the bourbons, though.
    I asked around some local people who recomended colourfully named Beast of Bourbon. I didn't try the bourbon, but I really liked the beer, food and atmosphere. I also liked the prices. Nice music too.This place feels really authentic, lively and deservedly popular with the locals. I will definitely be going back.
    Loved the food!! Their mac & cheese was the BOMB.COM!!! The ribs could use a little more sauce but they do provide extra BBQ sauce. The ambiance is bleak because it consisted of limited seating on the outside and two picnic tables. They had music which was good although at the time I went (Saturday night), they had a live band playing in one section of the restaurant and regular music in another (where I was) in which the live band practically drowned out the regular music that I was enjoying. Other than that, it was ok but the food made up for everything. I would go back
    This is a large bourbon and beer hall style bbq join on the boarder of Bed Stuy and Clinton Hill. They have really fun country and blues style music most nights that can get any crowd dancing. This is one of my favorite places to drink in the area because you can always find a seat. If I were going to critique it, the food can be a bit inconsistent: The brisket sometimes seems to need an extra hour in the smoker and could use some more rub and flavor. All that said, I love this place and hope it stays around for a good long time.
    I am biased as this place is across the street but they serve up some mean BBQ. Go for the ribs and the chicken wings. Customize the frito pie for some fun! The real treat is the selection of bourbons and tap beers.
    As it's across the street we were anticipating the opening for a while. We haven't been disappointed. Seems like a new BBQ place is opening every day in Brooklyn but this one is pretty good. Doesn't hurt that they have about 40 beers on tap and too many bourbons to count. Music on the weekends is a bonus.
    Beast of Bourbon is a very cool place. It is spacious (with a small outdoor area), has a gadzillion beers on tap, and has solidly good food. I really enjoy going because of the happy hour drink specials - 2 for 1 on a large variety of whiskey frozen drinks and beers. Also, the brisket is delicious. Tender, juicy, and flavorful. You will walk out of the restaurant smelling hints of smokey BBQ for days as it will imbed itself in your hair and clothing, and in your fingers if you eat the delicious smoked wings. I was there one Saturday afternoon and the place was packed with soccer fans watching a close game on the big screen TV hanging above the stage. I highly recommend it as a low-key place to hang with friends while having a few drinks and really, really good BBQ meal.
    We went here for a co-worker's going away party, and I'm so glad we did! They smoke the beef IN the restaurant, and you can tell it is. There are stacks of wood, and you could smell it all over the restaurant. The Happy Hour drink specials are fantastic (2 drinks for $8 or something like that). I got the pulled pork with coleslaw and sweet/tangy sauce and the corn bread. Er em gee, delicious. The beef comes a part in your mouth, so good. Staff was super friendly and helpful. They also have bands playing in the evening as well. Completely recommend it for a friends get together!

Similar places people viewed in Brooklyn

Browse BBQ Joints in Nearby Neighborhoods