Photo of JC's New York Pizza Department in Albuquerque, NM, US

Italian Restaurant

JC's New York Pizza Department14
pepperoni • salad • new york style pizza • thin crust

215 Central Ave Nw
Albuquerque, NM 87102, US

JC's New York Pizza Department has 21 Tips

Take yourself to NYC--figuratively, with their thin crust slices. If you're craving something a little different, their calzones are absolutely enormous!
    a month ago
    Place is not clean and pan handlers everywhere, not even a place I would go back to. Pizza was fair but some of the ingredients didn’t seem fresh at all.
    We visited this pizza joint on a Friday evening around 6. Let’s do the bad part first. Forget the pictures you see. It’s not that spacious, and it’s not that clean. NOT to say it’s dirty, more like a used grungy feel. Now the good. We found a table quickly, but the help was not as quick. (They were pretty busy) We ordered a couple drinks which did show up quick, and then order some salad, garlic bread and a pizza. Took a while to get the order, but it was worth the wait. The salad was…ahhh…ok. The garlic cheese bread was good, but could have been more garlicy. The pizza was great. It’s huge, the way a NY style pizza should be. It was thin crust and enough toppings to taste, but not overbearing. We had the meatball pizza which could have been cut a little thicker. The overall bill was reasonable. I would recommend this location to others for the food, but not so much for a quiet dinner location.
    Decent pizza. Place is ok, could be cleaner. Lot of homeless and rif raff hang out around here. Not a destination, but decent place to grab a slice after the bar scene in downtown.
    Had to give this place a 5 star...Ordered a pepperoni and mushroom pizza that in my opinion was probably the best we ever had. sweet tea was perfect, service was spot on.....The kicker was a 14 inch pizza for $10 .wow, wow
    Staying at Hilton or Doubletree downtown? Walk over to Central and check out JC's NY Pizza. You can order by the slice and they'll make it fresh for you. I was really impressed with this place. Very casual, decent price, great pizza.
    If you want fresh ingredients on your pizza, this is not the place to go. The service is good and the pizza comes out fast but it does not make up for the quality of the pizza. I think this might have been very good at some point because it looks like it has been there a while but if I want pizza to be a short cut I can just get a frozen pizza.
    Stayed downtown and was looking for something fast in walking distance after 8 hour drive. Very happy to find this place still open at 11:30 on a weeknight (they had quit serving beer though). After looking through tons of well designed gourmet pizza combinations, I saw "pizza by the slice". Ordered two highly customized slices and could only eat one, it was very inexpensive, and it was very good.
    Great for a quick stop to eat pizza & grab a drink in Downtown. Friendly service and good value. Huge pizzas.
    Went here for a quick dinner with a few friends. Knowing we were with a convention and over running many restaurants they did an amazing job. Our food was awesome.
    Prices were good but I guess you get what you pay for. The Mediterranean salad was boring and missing ingredients specified on the menu ( no tomatoes!). And service was terrible! On a Monday night things took a long time - not sure if they only one waiter or what, but really poor planning on ownership's part. Makes it hard to want to go back.
    Their $5 special gets you two slices and a soda or a slice, salad and soda. Great deal! The pizza is a generous slice that you can dress as you wish (for a few added $$) and you have your choice of Cesar salad or house - would recommend the House as the Cesar is overdressed and a bit tired. The soda is generously refilled.
    Always a favorite place to grab a slice and fresher squeezed lemonade when we're in Downtown Abq. Call ones are also fabulous.
    Very good variety on the menu and high quality. I had a calzone with children, cheeses, and pesto. Very good. Other had either pizza slices or sandwiches and were generally very pleased. Convenient to the Convention Center where we were meeting.
    My husband and son love pizza and we found this place and we had a great surprise. The food is amazing! also, it's not expensive. I totally recommend this place!
    Had a good deal. 2 slices and a pop for $7. Service was blah and pizza was average. Restaurant needed updates.
    As a former New Yorker living in pizza-exile in New Mexico, I have been very impressed with JC's New York Pizza Dept ever since it first opened here in ABQ. For someone who lived in Brooklyn for her first 30 years, I complained about the poor quality of pizza in NM for years. I was E aged to test JC's New York Pizza Department when it first opened and was delighted with its accuracy -genuine delicious New York-style pizza, finally here in my Albuquerque. This is the real thing, folks! This is how pizza should be and it's the best in town. But don't get too many ingredients piled up on top -- that's not how we do it in NY. Plain cheese, or maybe with pepperoni. The salads are excellent also.
    NYPD best artichoke pizza nd beer joint in down town albuq. I like to pretend I'm in down town New York enjoying the hustle n bustle. ...
    Best new York style pizza in this city. I am from the east coast, so I know good new York style pizza.
    My son and I took the railrunner train up to Albuquerque today to catch a movie. He said that he had tried a NY Style Pizza that was good. I said ok and walked up Central Ave and saw the Pizza Place that he was talking about. He ordered a regular slice of pizza with several toppings. The Pizza slice came somewhat dry when it was cooked again to warm it up. As for me I ordered the Gluten Free Pizza ie 10 inch. It was raw, gummy, and tasteless. I asked the wait person to run it through the oven again. A few minutes passed and she brought back the pizza. The pizza was still gummy and rubbery. I was very disappointed. The suggestion to the JC's New York Pizza down town Albuquerque is to cook the pizza crust on both sides before adding the sauce and toppings. This way the side of the toppings will not be gummy or extremely chewy. One other thing is that a GF 10 inch Cheese only pizza should not cost over $13 dollars and topping were $2.50 for additional toppings each. Much to pricey for my taste. 1 slice of Pizza with 3 toppings, Small salad and a GF 10 cheese pizza = $24 dollars.
    Pizza pie was good 18 inches order two pies had leftovers to take home. Server was very friendly, dining-room a little bit small but cozy

Similar places people viewed in Albuquerque

Browse Italian Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods